New tickets and new things in store for 2015 LFCC

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

I have been talking with the team, with some of the fans and to collectors that attend our events to work on a new ticket structure and the new ways we will offer some of the things that we have in store for you in the coming years.

LFCC back in July 2014 was the busiest event we have ever run and one of the busiest that Earls Court has ever had on its doorstep, lots of things did work but as a few of you saw some things could not keep up with the amount of interest that this event now attracts. So we have put together the following new ways of doing things to help make LFCC work better and take it forward into the future.

Just before the July event we were offered some last minute activities from various film studios but we just could not get it into the event in the time frame we had available to us over the weekend, turning down four things that we really wanted to be able to bring you. These things would have happened on the Friday and Saturday night but as we had things happening already at these times, we simply could not fit them into the buildings.

Based on this experience, 2015 LFCC is going to take up more hall space, and we are going to use that space is a better way to allow us to run more than one big activity in the halls at one time. The show will run over three of the large interlocking halls at Olympia which means we can put on the things that the studios want to offer us, as we have more than enough space and a better layout to cope with this.

Olympia as a venue has several large halls for us to use and we have been able to take on much more space than what we had available to us this year at Earls Court. The bigger space will also help ease the crowding issues that we had in some parts of the hall in July.

FRIDAY

The Early Bird Preview Day - Opening at 1pm and closing at 8pm

You will be able to buy tickets for all activities covering the entire weekend from open on Friday and also any late guests that are added before the show, but after our online shop closes will be on sale on the Friday. We will be having photo shoots with the guest scheduled for Friday, and we will be introducing a talk schedule, just like the Saturday and Sunday. Friday will be a full on show day without it being as busy as the Saturday and Sunday, so a great day to get some of the things you want to do out the way before the weekend really starts.

Friday early bird preview day ticket' from 1pm to 8pm will be a one price ticket for all costing £12 per person

TICKETS FOR THE WEEKEND (SATURDAY and SUNDAY)

LFCC 2015 will have NO Early Bird Tickets, this ticket will no longer be available for LFCC.

Entry tickets for LFCC on both Saturday and Sunday will now be known simply as "Entry Ticket" and doors will open for all ticket holders from 9am both days, meaning there will be no 11am only entry for LFCC.

This change in tickets means we can start the programming of events such as Talks, Photo ops, Signings, Panels etc from 9.30am, allowing us to get everything into the weekend that we can.

In the past we have tended to start the programmes fully after 11am when the standard entry ticket holders start to come in, but we have found more recently that this limits how much we can get in over the day. For 2014 the actual number of standard ticket holders were less that any year before, as so many of you came in as Early Bird and on the Saturday the standard entry tickets got us to capacity at around 12 noon, so this change can allow the show to be full on from around 9.30 /10am and spread things out a bit more.

Saturday entry tickets will be pre sold only they will have to be bought in advance and they will NOT be for sale on the door.

Sunday entry tickets will be pre-sold first and only if we feel there is going to be availability on the door will we inform everyone around 4 weeks out from the show. If at that point we see that the numbers are getting low we will inform everyone that tickets will not be for sale on the day, and will only be available to buy in advance.

We will be advising all who intend to visit LFCC 2015 to book their entry tickets in advance, where in previous years we have tried to keep things flexible for the visitor by offering on the day entry sales - if you do wish to keep your options open, all we ask is that you pay very close attention to our notices roughly a month out from the event and if we cannot offer tickets on the day, that you understand the reasons we need to do this.

We are having to do this as we are now selling out to capacity on the Saturday, and knowing what we have planned for 2015 there's a strong possibility we will sell out of entry tickets for the Saturday again in 2015. Right now, we can only guess that we might sell out for the Sunday as well, but will know for sure regarding Sunday nearer the time.

Entry Ticket details

Sat "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £18 per adult
Sun "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £15 per adult

Sat "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £12 per child
Sun "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £10 per child

Family Entry tickets
Fri - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £40
Sat - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £50
Sun - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £40

Weekend Entry pass price (for all 3 days)
Adult £ £40
Child £30

Remember the event will now start with a full program of activities from around 9.30 /10am so you will all get more things to do over the day which is very important to what we have planned for next year's show, watch this space for all what we have in store for you all.

GOLD PASSES
The all new Gold Pass tickets for 2015 onwards.

Gold pass holders that are at the event before the advertised open time will be issued their passes before the doors open, and will gain access to the venue before normal "Entry Ticket" holders enter.

Gold pass holders will get free seats at all standard free or paid for talks taking place during show open hours, exceptions will be for some specific diamond package guest talks, and any talks that are considered additional promotion/event activity or the odd guests that we may have to excludes for film promotion purposes or other reasons. Which could include sponsored talks or exclusive event content.

Priority seating will also be given to Gold Pass holders who will be able to enter the seating area before the main queue. In situations where the talk is part of a Diamond Pass package you will be located behind the Diamond Pass holders.

The gold pass chill out room will be manned so you have a point person that is there to keep the room filled with water and to keep it tidy for you all to have a decent place to rest over the weekend.

The goody bag will have different items in them from show to show, we can never be sure what the film and TV companies will be able to offer us from but it will contain some cool promo items from past and current TV & film promotions - you never know what cool items you will get in each shows goody bag :-)

You will be able to get 2 in-person autographs from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sundaythat are charging £10, these 2 autographs will be free.

You will be able to get 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free.

Gold pass holders will not require a VQ ticket from the popular guests, allowing you to avoid the long queues - Please be aware however that for Diamond Pass Guests you may require a VQ ticket if that guest does an open signing session.

Golden Pass holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions- this excludes any photo sessions with Diamond Pass guests.

Gold pass tickets are limited and at last years LFCC they did sell out so please be warned we have reduced the amount of Gold Passes we are planning on offering for 2015, so these will be sold on a first come first serve bases and they will sell out again.

We want our regular Gold Pass attendees to be able to get their tickets as normal so please be aware we really feel that these tickets will sell so do not get caught out ;-)

DIAMOND PASSES

Brand new exclusive Diamond Guest Upgrade for 2015.

The Diamond upgrade will be a tailor made pass designed for each specific special guest that is attending the show under this ticket type.

To purchase a Diamond upgrade you will have had to have bought an entry ticket or gold pass to be able to add this upgrade.

These passes will be unique to individual guests and could be as limited as x100 to x500 people depending on what we are allowed to offer, and what we have agreed with the guest.

Each Diamond Guest upgrade package will be different for each specific guest, and will contain different activities and opportunities. You will find below just a few things that may be offered, but as we say these are just some examples of what could be available dependant on what is agreed with the guest.

This upgrade will give the holders things like:

A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price
A guaranteed photo op, included in the price
A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price
The option to buy additional autographs above the 1 free one in the package price
An option to buy another seat at the talk next to you

Access to buy very exclusive, very limited edition collectables only available to the Diamond upgrade holders, these collectables will be limited in their numbers and available on a first come, first served basis.

Things like...
A unique collage print
Signed film poster - design exclusive to the show

We have some amazing guests and activities planned for next Summer's London Film and Comic Con and with these new packages and tickets we feel we can take future shows into the stratosphere and bring all the fans of Europe an event like no other in the world.

Tickets will be go on sale at 7pm Wednesday 1st October 2014

We look forward to seeing you at the show

Jason and the Showmasters Team

• Like 2

I really like the sound of the changes to the Gold pass - having the 2 autos and photoshoots will be a great addition. I will reserve judgement on the value until I see the prices, but if they have changed little then I will likely invest in one.

I only have one concern though - for non-Gold entries, you are letting tens of thousands of people in the doors at 9am, and rocking out the photoshoots from 09:30? Could anyone confirm if there will be more doors opened or additional entry points to ensure that if I have a standard entry I will be able to get in within the necessary 30 minutes?

Other than that qualm, sounds much better than this years system

Thanks for the update. I know obviously we will find out tomorrow night but what price will the gold tickets be as I can't see it mentioned?

In another version of this is says Gold passes are now £225. Getting too expensive for me and I certainly can't justify it until some big guests are announced and I can't afford it now anyway with DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 and Collectormania MK all coming up but no doubt they'll sell out as people will panic buy and I'll miss out.

And what if you're not interested in any of the £10 guests/photoshoots that you get for free? Makes it even less value. Vouchers to use as you wish would be far more valuable.

And I can see trying to get everyone in who has an early photoshoot is going to be fun if it's just one huge line.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Not having pay on the day queue (which we know is definite on the Saturday and likely for the Sunday) will allow the pre-paid queue to enter through all of the doors with plenty of crew on hand for ticket checking, which should speed up entry and make 9.30 starts okay.

Something that people seem to be missing out is that SM have confirmed that three different halls are going to be utilised at Olympia. Having done craft shows at Olympia I know that the entrances for the various halls are in different places round the building with multi-door entrances. In terms of Earls Court you could equate it to EC1, EC2 and the tube station entrance.

Sheffield we had the three entrances and worked fine because the tickets were issued as blue/red/green door and that's where you went and queued.

• Like 1

sounds good, but how are you going to control numbers within the building?

if everyone is allowed in from 9 surely its going to fill up fast and break capacity rules very fast?

I have seen previously post LFCC that it was said arrangements would be improved for the entry and departure of patrons in order to comply with safety regulations

I think your under estimating the numbers you will get. Think early bird should still be in place and then normal entry. If someone really wants to see a certain guest then they will have fork out and pay for early bird. I don't want to be stuck at the back of the queue at 9am and have a photoshoot at 9.30... Doubt you will get nigh on 10000 people through the doors by 9.30.

Ps... Liking the rest of the planning tho x

• Showmasters Admin

Only issue I see is that one queue means if I have a photoshoot at 9.30, I now have to join a longer queue and be there super early to get in on time like 5am?

As we have 5 doors and knowone paying to go in on Saturday we can use all 5 doors to enter in the morning first thing which will mean a easy fast entrance for everyone.

• Showmasters Admin

sounds good, but how are you going to control numbers within the building?

if everyone is allowed in from 9 surely its going to fill up fast and break capacity rules very fast?

we are going to only sell to the capacity

Its simple , in the past we never got to capacity now we all know we will get to that amount to so we will now only sell up to that amount

there will never be an issue for people not getting in anymore

its how things will work going forward.

jason

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for the update. I know obviously we will find out tomorrow night but what price will the gold tickets be as I can't see it mentioned?

In another version of this is says Gold passes are now £225. Getting too expensive for me and I certainly can't justify it until some big guests are announced and I can't afford it now anyway with DSTL, WLFCC, HW6 and Collectormania MK all coming up but no doubt they'll sell out as people will panic buy and I'll miss out.

And what if you're not interested in any of the £10 guests/photoshoots that you get for free? Makes it even less value. Vouchers to use as you wish would be far more valuable.

And I can see trying to get everyone in who has an early photoshoot is going to be fun if it's just one huge line.

Getting everyone in will be fine as it is most mornings its the afternoon that is the issue with people that have not bought tickets in advance they take more time to go and buy tickets and they take up a lot of room , early birds are never really a issue

jason

• Showmasters Admin

like we have done for many years not the early photo ops are repeated in the afternoon so lie it has been for the last 3 years no one will miss there shots as they are repeated :-)

and entry for all pre paid early birds is with in a hour , and thats using one door so having 5 doors this will be fine

and i will also point out that some people will still walk up after 12 and just walk in no everyone is there first thing in the morning as we know around 30% of pre paid tickets still come in around a hour or two after the lines have cleared , that is what we have seen over the years.

hope that is of help

jason

If a Diamond guest is going to be extremely expensive (say £400+) I would recommend allowing a deposit scheme. Pay £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your Diamond pass, then pay the balance over 3 months. It means my other half won't go as mental at me for spending that much money in one chunk!

If the deposit is non-refundable, and somebody who reserves a pass doesn't pay within the allocated time, I'm sure you won't have any issues selling it again to someone who may have missed out.

I know if a deposit scheme were offered, personally I'd be more likely to buy several different Diamond passes for various guests.

Edited by keithporter23
  • Like 7