Photo I.D.

Guest widanelacamber

Hi, i've just recieved my Empire Day tickets and it states that photo I.D is required, does this mean for everyone who has a ticket or just the person who has bought the tickets, as the person i'm going with has not got any form of photo I.D, any help will be appreciated.

Yes, that means all ticket holders do need I.D.

No school I.D., no library card, student I.D.?

I'll check with the office if the forms of identification are the same as for Massive Events shows (which they probably are). That would mean bring an utility bill or anything else that can prove I.D.

Yes, that means all ticket holders do need I.D.

No school I.D., no library card, student I.D.?

I'll check with the office if the forms of identification are the same as for Massive Events shows (which they probably are). That would mean bring an utility bill or anything else that can prove I.D.

i went to a massive events con 2 years ago and the only person that required ID was the person who bought the tickets. If all ticket holders now need ID then this will be a problem as i have a provisional drivers license but my fiance has no ID and is currently having problems opening a business account at the bank because of this.

i went to a massive events con 2 years ago and the only person that required ID was the person who bought the tickets. If all ticket holders now need ID then this will be a problem as i have a provisional drivers license but my fiance has no ID and is currently having problems opening a business account at the bank because of this.

As I said above, I will clarify with the office what the rules are for this event.

Sometimes an ID is not requested for one reason or another at ME shows, but technically ID is required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

hi everyone

we do need something with your name on it and a photo of the person entering the studio on the ticket , on the day you will fill out a form that asks you for your info and and a mobile number if you have one , this info will then be linked to your pass .

we are running this at a working film studio and we have to get this info from you all.

children under 10 will not need to fill out a form , but must be with a adult.

hope that helps and clears this up for everyone.

Jason :unsure:

hi everyone

we do need something with your name on it and a photo of the person entering the studio on the ticket , on the day you will fill out a form that asks you for your info and and a mobile number if you have one , this info will then be linked to your pass .

we are running this at a working film studio and we have to get this info from you all.

children under 10 will not need to fill out a form , but must be with a adult.

hope that helps and clears this up for everyone.

Jason :unsure:

thank you, i understand its a working studio and there are security rules to follow but would it not have been better to make this info available right from the start? Not everybody has photo ID and i'm sure there will now be ticket holders who have to get ID. We now have to get a passport as my fiance cannot find his SIA license and doesn't have anything at all with his photo on.

also, how do we know that Elstree security won't turn people away at the door because they only take government Issue ID and somebody has turned up with their student pass or animal shelter pass?

also, how do we know that Elstree security won't turn people away at the door because they only take government Issue ID and somebody has turned up with their student pass or animal shelter pass?

I'm sure Jason will confirm shortly. Personally I would expect that this has been clarified when the contract was signed that the event was going to be held at the studios. If it was confirmed that any photo ID is okay then they can't really change the rules.

I can't speak for Elstree, but for the two studio lot visits I have done in the US one studio even accepted my library card because I had forgotten my passport in the hotel. *g*

Citizen card

Why can't you get that instead of a passport? I'm assuming you don't already have a passport that needs renewing for a holiday, so £13 for the card seems a far better bet than £78 for a passport (or £100 + for fast track)

Thank you for the link, i`m looking at the page now. I`m familiar with the card as we accept them as proof of age where i work but i was always led to believe it was for people under the age of 21. It does look like it would be a good alternative for this. I have a passort that needs renewing but my fiance hasn`t been abroad for well over 20 years and doesn`t have one at all. If this is an acceptible form of ID then thank you again for the link! :)

Citizen card

Why can't you get that instead of a passport? I'm assuming you don't already have a passport that needs renewing for a holiday, so £13 for the card seems a far better bet than £78 for a passport (or £100 + for fast track)

Thank you for the link, i`m looking at the page now. I`m familiar with the card as we accept them as proof of age where i work but i was always led to believe it was for people under the age of 21. It does look like it would be a good alternative for this. I have a passort that needs renewing but my fiance hasn`t been abroad for well over 20 years and doesn`t have one at all. If this is an acceptible form of ID then thank you again for the link! :)

I don't see why it wouldn't be - it's PASS accredited and is now available for all ages, so that would suggest that it's widely accepted enough that it's worth their while to extend it. Also Jason's post just says that you need ID with a name and picture so it should be fine - the Post Office require photo ID to pick up parcels at our sorting ofice and I use my work badge so I can't see why a studio would need anything more 'legal' than the Citizen Card

the Post Office require photo ID to pick up parcels at our sorting ofice

They shouldn't do - according to their FAQs?, "We will accept the following original forms of identification:

Cheque guarantee/credit/debit card

Bank/building society book

Valid passport

Cheque book

Driving licence

Photo Identity Card (Foreign National, Military, Police Warrant, Royal Mail Employee)

Under 18s (National Insurance Card, Medical Card or Savings Book)"

That is of course an aside to the original poster's query, but if your post office tells you that you need photo ID, I would be very tempted to refer them to their own website...

That is of course an aside to the original poster's query, but if your post office tells you that you need photo ID, I would be very tempted to refer them to their own website...

Abide by their own rules? Don't be silly! Where's the fun in that?:(

• 1 month later...

our citizencard application fell through, they couldn`t get in contact with our provided referee so it looks like one of us will be without ID as we don`t think it will be sorted out in time (they had been sitting on the form for at least a month before informing us)

Will a bank card do? I`m the only one with photo ID, we really don`t have anything else!