Photo

Photo Shoot Vs Autograph!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Photo Shoot's or Autographs which do you prefer? (175 member(s) have cast votes)

If given the choice which would you choose?

1. Autograph (80 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Photograph (96 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 adam.anouer

adam.anouer

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

I've always been interested to know what people prefer when people go to a convention. Would you prefer the autograph of your favourite celeb or would you have a picture taken with them?

Adam Anouer
Actor, Legend!
Never hesitate to ask for my Facebook, IMDB Page or my Twitter Account.
www.imdb.com/name/nm4732903/

#2 special child

special child

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

photo. it's a keepsake that everyone will treasure regardless of how bad they look alongside a flawless celebrity.
  • Mehetabel likes this
ATTENDED: LFCC '11, EMS '11, CMMK 18, LFCC '12, LFCC '13

god I could use a forum name change

Norman Reedus bit me 7/7/13

#3 nosfer2

nosfer2

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

I prefer the autograph, but under certain circumstances I want both (for example with Captains of the Enterprise and series regulars from Doctor Who). I'm also interested in special ones such as Christopher Lloyd in the DeLorean, and would like to be photographed with the Klingon actors in costume.
My Most Wanted Guests:
The Avengers: Patrick MacNee
Batman: Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Danny Devito
Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston, Catherine Tate
Ghost Busters: Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis
Spaced: Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes, Nick Frost, Julia Deakin, Mark Heap, Katy Carmichael, Peter Serafinowicz
Star Trek: Wil Wheaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosalind Chao, Diana Muldaur, Barbara March, Kirstie Alley, Catherine Hicks, Laurence Luckinbill, Kim Cattrall, Christopher Plummer, James Cromwell, Alfre Woodard, F Murray Abraham, Donna Murphy, Ron Perlman, James Darren, Jolene Blalock
Star Wars: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan MacGregor, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Sir Christopher Lee, George Lucas
Terminator films: Arnold Schwarzenegger
The X-Files: David Duchovny

#4 davidbrookes

davidbrookes

Locations Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Autograph, I hate pictures of myself. Big guests like Karen Gillan or Arthur Darvill I get photoshoots for as well, but the collection of autographs I have is much more valued to me than my photoshoots.
Collectormania 13: John Barrowman.
Collectormania 14: Dean Andrews and Ryan Sampson.
Collectormania 15: Philip Glenister and Burn Gorman.
Collectormania 16: Dean Andrews, Colin Baker, Tom Baker, MyAnna Buring, Tommy Knight, and Georgia Moffett.

Collectormania London 2010 ©: Colin Baker, Jennifer Blanc, Scarlett Byrne, Katy Manning, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann.

London Film and Comic Con 2011: Jessie Cave, Camille Coduri, Karen Gillan, Derek Jacobi, Georgina Leonidas and Trevor Steedman.

The Hub 5 (ST053): Caroline Chikezie, Gareth David-Lloyd, Murray Melvin, Kai Owen, Eve Pearce, Simon Poland and Camilla Power.
The Hub 6 (ST003): Gerard Carey, Clare Clifford, Heather Craney, Olivia Hallinan, Rhodri Lewis, Ben Loyd-Holmes, Colin MacFarlane, Bear McCausland and James Moran.

#5 timelord81r

timelord81r

Special Effects Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

Photo, every time

First convention LFCC 2009

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour."

"The quest for the grail is not archaeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth"

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"

#6 Flora2y5H

Flora2y5H

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Autographs are nice, especially when the actors personalize them (Hear that, Mr. Ackles!? Still waiting on a personalized autograph of him even after meeting him 4x) The autorgraph sessions are often very nice and you have a little more time to chat with the actors than at the photo shoot ....

.... BUT I love my Photo op pics. They are something really really special. And I spend way too much money on them  :yoda: Even if I sometimes bitch about how I look on my pics, I love most of them.
Love TV and movies .... and conventions

Who I have met so far:

Supernatural:
Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Richard Speight Jr, Jim Beaver, Chad Lindberg, Traci Dinwiddie, Samantha Smith, Amy Gumenick, Gen Cortese Padalecki, Brock Kelly, Fredric Lehne, Mark Sheppard, Sebastian Roche, Matt Cohen, Samantha Ferris, Rob Benedict, Mark Pellegrino, Charles Malik Whitfield, Jake Abel, Gabriel Tigerman

Whedonverse & other vampire ;-)
Allan Hyde, Clare Kramer, Christian Kane, Juliet Landau, Brody Hutzler, Keith Szarabajka, Jonathan Woodward, Adam Busch, Amber Benson, Anthony S. Head, Charisma Carpenter, Phina Oruche

#7 Rockstar6662

Rockstar6662

The Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

If I absolutely had to choose I'd probably go with an autograph as it gives you the chance to have a brief chat but I'm getting hooked on photoshoots now so often go for both.

But then photoshoots are rather special (though I don't like photos of myself) so I don't really know.

Edited by Rockstar6662, 31 August 2011 - 06:50 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Giles: "I used to be a highly respected Watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily."

"If I'm stuck in a corner, I like my corner, it's the coolest corner I've ever been in" - Kerry King, Slayer

#8 1of2

1of2

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Photo, every time

I'm amazed  :yoda:
Online shop queries: shop@showmastersevents.com
General queries: info@showmastersonline.com
1_Showmasters_forum.jpg

#9 adam.anouer

adam.anouer

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

See for me I'd chose a picture everytime to capture the memories of an awesome event and standing alongside someone I can't help but adore or admire.

As for Autographs don't get me wrong it's cool to have a genuine marking of a legend but generally I don't care too much for them unless their personal. In the same way you'd keep a postcard or a birthday card I'd always treasure something that shows they see what I have to say a personal message.

Sounds silly but absolutely irreplacable.

Adam Anouer
Actor, Legend!

#10 Darth Ally

Darth Ally

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Autograph - I always look dreadful on photos

#11 timelord81r

timelord81r

Special Effects Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

come on photo shoots

The Times They Are a-Changin

i feel the same about how I look, but having that lasting memory of a photo with the stars is worth it

First convention LFCC 2009

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour."

"The quest for the grail is not archaeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth"

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"

#12 adam.anouer

adam.anouer

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

come on photo shoots

The Times They Are a-Changin

i feel the same about how I look, but having that lasting memory of a photo with the stars is worth it

I do love personalised autographs just getting a personal message from my favourite actor or actress who you kinda have a crush on is pretty cool.

Photo Shoot's though they're an awesome reminder of a great day the day I met someone who really inspires me or I dunno maybe I put a smile on their face. Of course you wanna look your best but I just wanna look...happy :thumbup: except when I do A specific shoot.

Adam Anouer
Actor, Legend!

#13 Tina197

Tina197

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

I like the photoshoots, but having only had three so far, I'm not sure I'd pick that as a preference yet. Autographs; I'm used to getting them over the years, so that's what I picked.
Twitter: @DW4eva

#14 Muthur

Muthur

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Personally, Auto every time. As pointed out previously, you (most of the time... :drool: ) Manage to have a little conversation with the guest.
Also, it's something you know that was for you!
For bigger guests, then i'm sure i'd struggle to pick!! :dance:

#15 ericsdonor

ericsdonor

Property Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm very greedy I like to get both...........

BUT if I had to choose just one it'd be the photo every time!!!! :D

#16 Not_Pennys_Ship

Not_Pennys_Ship

Production Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Both if I really appreciate what the person has done. But started off collecting autographs so, autographs.

#17 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

I'd definitely have to go for photos, they sort of capture the moment when you meet them and it's a good memory to look back on, even if I look a state in the photo or something haha! I do like getting autographs too but I'll be honest, once I've got a guest's autograph once, I'm not usually too fussed again unless I want a set of things signed.  :headscratch:
Follow on me Twitter; @markwillis1993! :)
Conventions attended; The Hub 3, The Hub 4, The Hub 5, The Hub 6, The Hub 7, Bad Wolf 2010, Roadhouse, Collectormania Manchester 4 and more! :D

#18 Mattzo!!!

Mattzo!!!

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

For me, autograph just edged it, this was a really difficult choice to make, but I opted for autograph because it has a more personal touch. I love getting a chance to interact with the guests, and this is something that the photoshoots lack.

The personalisations make the autograph more memorable aswell, though having said all this, photoshoots are starting to grow on me big time :thumbup:
Katharine Isabelle, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant (Yes, AGAIN!!), Catherine Tate, John Simm, Alex Kingston, Billie Piper :D, Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Any Hills Have Eyes 2006 guests, Any Lost cast, especially Emilie De Ravin, Tony Shalhoub, Sienna Guillory, Milla Jovovich, Neve Campbell, Sarah Polley, Thomas Jane, Ray Stevenson, Martin Kove, Jennifer Tilly, Dominic Monaghan, Scout Taylor Compton, Any Halloween remake cast, Sylvester Stallone, Jennifer Connolly, Courtney Cox and that is just the beginning peoples!!

.....Oh and a whole bunch of horror guests would be absolutely fandabbydozytastic!!!!

#19 Starbug

Starbug

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

I love getting Autos but the photos is somthing that you can remember for the rest of your life

Big Guests Wants

Will Smith Sylvester Stallone Simon Pegg Nick Frost Bruce Willis David Tennant Peter Capaldi Christoper Eccelstone Robert Carlyle Cillian Murphy John Simm Jon Bernthal

#20 Talie

Talie

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Deffo photos, JK Rowling is the only exception to that rule as I'd been after her auto for years, now I've got it it'll be a photo if I ever get the chance

Attended: ET1, ET2, ET3 and TwiProms
Crewed: CM:L 2009, CM 16, LFCC 2010, CM:G 2010, CM:L 2010, CM17, LFCC 11, CM:G 2011, EMS 2011, CMMK 2012, LFCC 2012, CMG 2012 ET 9, EMS 2013, CMMK 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users