this years May event will be 3 days only

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

this year we will not be opening on the Friday ;)

the friday is a light day for the show so this year we will not be opening on Friday .

Saturday Sunday & Monday will however be full on days with lots to see buy and guests to meet .

we have a great line up so far and lots more to come :D

keep an eye on the forum for the next updates and guests

jason :D

Edited by Rhianydd

A bit late notice for those of us who have booked rooms for the Friday on the basis of Friday being day 1.

Poor form, following on from the farce of the Olympia cancellation earlier this year.

Hardly living up to the boast that 2011 would be bigger and better than 2010.....

Meh, I have the night booked friday. But I didnt get there till like 2 hours before the show closed last year anyway and didnt meet any guests.

I'd of stayed friday night anyway like I do for LFCC, means I can get downstairs straight away in the morning :)

Thanks for the update SM :WINCE:

That's a pity, I always liked getting autographs on the Friday, made sure it left you more time later in the weekend and also gave more time with the stars on that day as well.

I first went to MK two years ago and after a farcical attempt by me and my uncle to get a photo with John De Lancie at his table (the camera wouldn't work) he later came up to us in the stadium, asked if I would like another picture and happily posed for one - this kind of thing wouldn't happen on the busier days. And as my first big con, it was a wonderful experience! :o

I take it this means the free bus will not be running to the stadium on the Friday then, does anyone know what is the easiest way to get to the stadium if this is so as I am staying at the hotel there on the Friday and have only ever caught the free bus.

I take it this means the free bus will not be running to the stadium on the Friday then, does anyone know what is the easiest way to get to the stadium if this is so as I am staying at the hotel there on the Friday and have only ever caught the free bus.

Taxi

Taxi

I know that but it is quite a distance and I expect it would be expensive lol what I meant was is there a paid bus service that goes to the stadium instead? sorry for not being clear

Taxi

I know that but it is quite a distance and I expect it would be expensive lol what I meant was is there a paid bus service that goes to the stadium instead? sorry for not being clear

http://bit.ly/f4gbfs

That bus above stops on grafton street, which runs by the stadium.

With most o fthe 'big' guests there all three days, it's not looking like one particular day will be mega busy yet, of course future guest announcements may change things :blush:

Still look slike just Monday for me at the moment.

But agree that it's probably wise to ditch the friday if no guests are gonna be there.

Pity. Guess there's valid reasons but I always like going on the Friday. It's much more relaxed, you often have longer to chat to the guests, more likely to get a photo and the dealer area isn't so packed you can't see anything. Then I go back on saturday to meet the few people not there on the friday but do hate having to battle my way around the crowds and big queues. Oh well.

I understand the reasons why Friday has been scratched but I'm still gutted cause we already made our arrangements and booked hotel to be there from Thursday ready for the long weekend and I've already booked leave for the week to be able to take Thurs,Fri,Sat and Sun off in the same week :blush: maybe I can change it... *fingers crossed*!!! we usually go on Thursday and hang out and chill before the busy weekend :clap:

oh well still gunna be an awesome weekend :YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

Received a movie magazine today and on the ad, Friday appears.
No surprise there. Magazine adverts are usually submitted and finalized long before they go to actual print. Which is why you see adverts that contain guests that have long since cancelled, and sometimes even guests that were never announced.