• only main cast
    • main and supporting cast
    • 1st timer in the UK Trek guests only
    • or a bit everything guest wise
  3. 3. section 3

• event for 600 with nice good guest
    • event for 1200 with biggest guest we can get

• Showmasters Admin

we want to run one to BUT what guests to get and do you want from it ?

Star Trek is big and we also want to do it in our own way so we are asking you the help

if you think you would attend a Star trek event if we run one then please fill in this poll as it will help us to make the con how you would like it to be ;)

what size event the bigger it is the more we will have to spend on guests

also if you can let other fans know we are planning this event and get them to vote as well it will also help us to know who many people would be behind this and that will help us know how big we can make this

thanks to you all so much as we are all trek fans here and would love to run an amazing event for you and us ;)

jason ;)

vlcsnap-507243.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like guests from all shows and the all the films, though I do have a certain preference for some people in the new film.;)

I would like guests who have been before and ones who haven't, as it always nice to meet pleasant repeat guets again.

I picked 600 attendee con, but really Idon't mind either way. As with a 600 attendee you'll get a good range of guests. And with a 1200 attendee con you'll probably get one really pricey guests and the rest all cheaper repeat guests.

Edited by bonniesrg

Would be good to see at least one captain there though.
One? I am imagining a, tad unrealistic, group photoshoot with all of the Captains :D

A guest poll is a frightening prospect. It could be huge!

Also imagining all of the potential talks - Siddig paired with Meaney or Robinson., Spiner/Burton, Picardo/Ryan, Shatner/Nimoy, Keating/Trineer, Auberjonois/Shimerman. The ultimate talk would involve Mark Allen Shpherd (Morn) :thumbup:

I'm glad no ones voted to cut out the new cast - that would be a ridiculously stupid move. "Well done for gaining a new audience to the franchise! We don't want them here... we are the purist geeks."

It's been way too long since I saw anything Trekish in the UK.

I only like ToS and the new film, so it was sort of a "just click something" in the first section. I'd like main and supporting (particularly Greg Ellis <3) and 600 sounds better just because with 1200 we'd barely get any time with the guests. I'd rather be missing a couple of the biggest names than be rushed through signings and risk being at the back of a thousand people in the talks.

SM, take a look at the current list for the Las Vegas show (no other details given obv, but SM should know the one I mean). That is what we want!!

We want Captains! Ones from new films! Fan faves! Ones who've not been in a while! Ones who've NEVER been! You want a good cast list? I'm perfect person to ask!

Ones who I've never seen announced for a UK show since CM started up (not inc LOTS of supporting cast who are regulars on the US circuit, but not here):

TOS:

Kirstie Alley .... Lt. Saavik

Stephen Collins ... Cmdr. Willard Decker

Catherine Hicks ... Dr. Gillian Taylor

Laurence Luckinbill ... Sybok

Todd Bryant ... Capt. Klaa

Spice Williams-Crosby ... Vixis

George Murdock ... God

Charles Cooper ... Gen. Korrd

Cynthia Gouw ... Caithlin Dar

Kim Cattrall ... Lieutenant Valeris

Kurtwood Smith ... Federation President

Christopher Plummer ... General Chang

Iman ... Martia

TNG:

Wil Wheaton .... Ensign Wesley Crusher

Whoopi Goldberg .... Guinan

Diana Muldaur .... Dr. Kate Pulaski

Patti Yasutake .... Nurse Alyssa Ogawa

Brian Bonsall .... Alexander Rozhenko

Carel Struycken .... Mr. Homn

Alfre Woodard .... Lily Sloane

James Cromwell .... Dr. Zefram Cochrane

Neal McDonough .... Lieutenant Hawk

Alan Ruck ... Capt. John Harriman

Jacqueline Kim ... Ensign Demora Sulu

F. Murray Abraham ... Ad'har Ru'afo

Donna Murphy ... Anij

Anthony Zerbe ... Vice-Admiral Dougherty

Tom Hardy ... Praetor Shinzon

Dina Meyer ... Commander Donatra

Alan Dale ... Praetor Hiren

DS9:

Terry Farrell .... Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax (ahem)

Marc Alaimo .... Gul Dukat

Rosalind Chao .... Keiko O'Brien

Salome Jens .... Female Shapeshifter

Barry Jenner .... Admiral Bill Ross (12 episodes)

Hana Hatae .... Molly O'Brien (11 episodes)

Ken Marshall .... Lt. Commander Michael Eddington

James Darren .... Vic Fontaine

Philip Anglim .... Vedek Bareil Antos

Tiny Ron .... Maihar'du

Wallace Shawn .... Grand Nagus Zek

Melanie Smith .... Tora Ziyal

Deborah Lacey .... Sarah Sisko

Camille Saviola .... Kai Opaka

Paul Dooley .... Enabran Tain

Julianna McCarthy .... Housekeeper Mila

Duncan Regehr .... First Minister Shakaar Edon

William Sadler .... Luther Sloan

Voy:

Jeri Ryan .... Seven of Nine

Scarlett Pomers .... Naomi Wildman

Martha Hackett .... Seska

Manu Intiraymi .... Icheb

Alexander Enberg .... Ensign Vorik

Josh Clark .... Lieutenant Joe Carey

Nancy Hower .... Ensign Samantha Wildman

Simon Billig .... Lieutenant Hogan

Cody Wetherill .... Rebi

Kurt Wetherill .... Azan

Marley McClean .... Mezoti

Susanna Thompson .... Borg Queen

Martin Rayner .... Dr. Chaotica

ENT:

Mark Correy ... Engineer Alex

Gary Graham ... Vulcan Ambassador Soval

John Fleck ... Silik

Matt Winston ... Temporal Agent Daniels

... and all from the new movie!

And then, the ones who have been to shows, but they were quite a while ago, and I missed a fair few anyway! *sniff*:

TOS:

Grace Lee Whitney .... Yeoman Janice Rand

Robin Curtis .... Lieutenant Saavik

Nichelle Nichols ... Cmdr. Uhura

William Shatner ... Admiral James T. Kirk

TNG:

Gates McFadden ... Doctor Beverly Crusher

Jonathan Frakes ... Commander William T. Riker

LeVar Burton ... Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge

Ron Perlman ... Reman Viceroy Vkruk

DS9:

Colm Meaney .... Chief Miles Edward O'Brien

Mark Allen Shepherd .... Morn

Cirroc Lofton .... Jake Sisko

Casey Biggs .... Damar (I'm ignoring Glasgow boo)

Penny Johnson .... Captain Kasidy Danielle Yates

Alexander Siddig ... Doctor Bashir

Nicole de Boer ... Lieutenant Ezri Dax (ahem again)

Voy:

Kate Mulgrew ... Captain Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran ... Chakotay

Roxann Dawson ... B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill ... Tom Paris

Tim Russ ... Tuvok

Garrett Wang ... Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien ... Kes

ENT:

Jolene Blalock ... Sub-Commander T'Pol

Linda Park ... Ensign Hoshi Sato

... And that's only the ones I can think of!! Pretty good list for you there SM, hope you use it! Obv, I've not put down fan faves- that is for others to say. However, as 1of2 said, group/ dual talks and photoshoots are always a hit with the fans! Martok and Gowron; The two Spocks; The 2 Daxes (ahem!!!); The Captains; The first officers... etc!

Edited by Lizzy

Lizzy, you have some great choices in your list. Stepehen Collins, Catherine Hicks, Wil Wheaton, Alan Ruck, William Sadler, James Darren (spots a duet with Trekkiefan), Martha Hackett, and the two "ahems" :gorgeous:

Would like to add a few more

Tony Todd - Kurn, elderly Jake Sisko (excellent performance)

Barbara Mach - Lursa

Gwynth Walsh - B'Etor

Michelle Forbes - Ensign Ro

Jennifer Hetrick - Vash

Ah yea, missed Vash and Michelle (although she has done a few of the "other" cons)... others I've met myself, and just forgot they hadn't been as recently.

There are just hundreds of fairly minor guests from the episodes, but it's up to personal preference. You could say Ashley Judd and Teri Hatcher because of their now fame, but they had fairly minor roles. Same with Christian Bale! Just any that SM had the opportunity to get, I'd be more than happy with.

Few more for TNG:

Natalia Nogulich ... Admiral Alynna Nechayev

Andreas Katsulas ... Commander Tomalak

Carolyn Seymour ... Commander Toreth

Clyde Kusatsu ... Admiral Nakamura

Eric Menyuk ... The Traveler

Ken Thorley ... Mr. Mott

Doug Wert ... Jack Crusher

Jonathan Del Arco ... Hugh

Ronny Cox ... Captain Edward Jellico

Susan Gibney ... Dr. Leah Brahms

Jim Norton ... Albert Einstein

Elizabeth Dennehy ... Lt. Cmdr. Elizabeth Paula Shelby

etc!!

Few more suggestions.

Dwight Schultz - Reg Barclay

Julie Caitlin Brown - Ty Kajada

Olivia d'Adbo - Amanda Rogers

Patricia McPherson - Ariel

Susie Plakson - K'Ehleyr, Female Q

Elizabeth Dennehy - Cmdr Shelby

Carel Struycken - Mr Homn

Johnathan Del Arco - Hugh

Chase Masterson - Leeta

and who can forget

Ashely Judd - Robin Lefler

Kirsten Dunst - Hedril

Terri Hatcher - Lt Robinson

EDIT: Oops - duplications with Lizzy - I am a slow typer!

p.s. Andreas Katsulas sadly passed away in 2006 with lung cancer

Edited by 1of2

Not a popular answer, but I don't really like the shows, yet I love the new film, so I voted for that. I thought the film had spark that the shows were sorely lacking, and I'd love to meet the cast responsible for really breathing life into it.

OK, now we're getting down to it.

Most of what has been said makes sense. I've been going to Trek cons for 20 years, big and small and have enjoyed them all. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but over the 20 years I've met just about all the big guns, except Jeri Ryan, Terry Farrell and John Billingsley so obviously, my vote would be for them but in my experience, the best guests have often been the supporting cast or guest actors.

Judson Scott who played Joachim in TWOK is one of the nicest guests I've ever met at con. There are lots more like him who have wonderful stories and love sharing them with the fans.

I think everything should be done to get one of the new movie cast. I've been fortunate enough to meet Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana and each were very nivce. I've seen Zach on stage at *ahem* another US con and he's a natural, very comfortable with the fans and, of course, you've got the Heroes crossover.

The best cons have had a relaxed atmosphere (which is possible with a big crowd, it all depends on how it is organised), a good venue, interesting guests (not just big names who aren't great con guests) and, of course, the unique mix that is the Star Trek fans - Each of the shows has their own fanatical following but most of us just love TREK!!!

Now is the time, on the back of the new movie's success, to bring home the Daddy of all cons, where it all started - STAR TREK!!!

I mentioned a few of them above lol :D

*edit* posted at same time! Oh, that's a shame... thought I knew most of them who had died ;)

Ok, I checked and you don't appear to be looking at this thread currently so I should be safe :D . I am going to try and stop posting suggestions now before we list everyone possilble between us :gorgeous: .

It was a shame about Andreas. He was excellent in what ever I saw him in, Trek, Babylon5, The Fugitive etc, and Tomalak was a great character.

Not a popular answer, but I don't really like the shows, yet I love the new film, so I voted for that. I thought the film had spark that the shows were sorely lacking, and I'd love to meet the cast responsible for really breathing life into it.

Nothing wrong with just liking the film. I know a few fans who only like one show from the series (i.e. either TOS, TNG, DS9, etc). The film was very good and a welcome addition which, like you say, has reinvigorated the franchise

TOS/TNG/DS9 regulars and recurring cast, mainly. New movie is good too, and Voyager...well, if you must.

But anything Enterprise-related should be confined to the smallest space possible. In one of the toilets, perhaps, or the carpark. Of a building several miles away from wherever the main show is being held.

Lots of good names suggested, but a few regulars from TOS I'd love to meet would be:

Eddie Paskey (Lt Leslie)

John Winston (Lt Kyle)

Bill Blackburn (Lt Hadley)

And any of the DS9ers who've been by in the last few years would be great to see again, especially Nana Visitor... :D

But please don't hurry to get Michael Dorn back... :gorgeous:

TOS/TNG/DS9 regulars and recurring cast, mainly. New movie is good too, and Voyager...well, if you must.

But please don't hurry to get Michael Dorn back... :dance:

Why not Michael Dorn? I've met him twice and he was lovely both times.

would love to see a star trek Con, it's been a while

main guests i would like to meet are:

any one from star trek 2009 movie

also:

colm meaney

tim russ

jeri ryan

wil wheaton

Robert duncan Mcneil

Terry ferrall

the dude :D

• Showmasters Admin

this is great feed back it will help us a lot

if we can ask one more thing of you on this it to tell your friend and let others know about this as we do want to make this event amazing .

thanks for all your help on this

jason :D

I'd like an event with 600 people only because events with more people than that just get too hectic and impersonal and there's no fun in them.

As far as guests go, I'd prefer main cast, but I know that 100% is pretty unrealistic, so I think it would have to be a mixture.

I saw Zoe Saldana at an event recently and she was amazing - an incredibly intelligent, interesting panelist.

Apart from the film I'd be more interested in guests from ST:TNG, ST:VOY and ST:DS9. I'd only care about Scott Bakula from Enterprise... and was very sad to miss him at the recent LFCC.

I'd really like to see Robert Duncan McNeill as I loved him in Voyager, and he is now a producer/director on Chuck :D

Also - what about behind the scenes people?

I'd like an event with 600 people only because events with more people than that just get too hectic and impersonal and there's no fun in them.

Also - what about behind the scenes people?

I have no experience of a 1000+ con and was wondering about the potential 'impersonal' feel it may bring as well as how busy it would be. The current ME format works very well, auto/photos in the morning followed by talks/etc in the afternoon. If you potentially double the number of attendees then surely something has to give way somewhere in order to fit in all the autos. Less photoshoots and or stage stuff. Of course I am assuming that autos are a 'given' there! Unless of course Friday is turned into a full day as well....

Behind the scenes people would no doubt have some interesting stories to tell. People I would be most interested in are the ones that were more heavily involved with DS9 like Ira Behr, Ronald D Moore. and Robert Wolfe

Plenty more to choose from the franchise overall though, Rick Berman, Jeri Taylor, David Gerrold, D C Fontana, Michale Okuda, Michael Westmore, Ronald B Moore, and Herman Zimmerman