SO WHO WOULD LIKE SHOWMASTERS TO RUN A SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION?

jvd737

So who thinks it's time for Showmasters to run a Supernatural convention? I know there are unwritten rules about poaching...but I think the time for such chivalry has now come and gone...3 years grace is plenty.

Soooo, who would like a Supernatural convention that:

1. is organised by a professional team who do a fantastic job and know how to run a successful con as they are constantly learning and trying to make it better for us.

2. produces excellent quality photos to our satisfaction and on time - and has an excellent photographer who cares how YOU look in the picture and doesn't swear at you!

3. treats its guests, attendees and staff with RESPECT, and has lots of fun.

4. who doesn't bite off more than they can chew and knows how to successfully schedule events for a weekend.

5. is enjoyable to ALL those who attend as they are not stressed about lost registration packs, or tickets missing, or 6 hours of standing in a queue, or missing half the talks, or disappearing photos.....

I know there is already a Supernatural thread, and I don't want to step on any toes - so apologies to the person who started that...but I think we have to make it REALLY VERY CLEAR to our beloved Showmasters team, that we really, really, really want this...and we are willing to support them in this venture...

sooo...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...show your support for this thread and keep your fingers crossed that the guys understand how important this show is to us and that we would love a great run con.

Thank you.

:coolthumb:

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have made soem very important points trick of the tail.

I think that 800 - 1000 people is the complete limit for a convention. Any more than that and things get rushed through. Any more than that and queuing becomes a serious problem.

Photo shoots are the only way for personal momentos and i think its very important to have a good one. Its great when a photographer actually checks if you are blinking or if you have flare on your glasses.

Its also great when there is an experienced crew in place that know whats going on and can help you if you need it.

and finally its great when registration desks open on time and has everything there, including freebies, that you were promised.

I honestly believe that SM/ME adhere to this.

I would LOVE them to run a supernatural convention.

=x=

I really would LOVE a Supernatural event to be run by SM/ME. SM run the best conventions, and I'm not just saying this to get what I want, I honestly believe that. I've been to a couple of events run by others and they weren't even half as good and I would not return to any of these events in a hurry. I haven't yet attended a con by SM that I haven't fully enjoyed.

Supernatural is by far my biggest obsession (I obsess over a lot of things B) ) and so it would be so awesome to have a convention that isn't too far away as SM cons are usually pretty close for me and that is run by such awesome people!!

I don't think it should be a HUGE event as you said wiccawise21, I think that an 800 people event would be just right. And I know for a fact that myself and at least 10 or 15 of my friends and my dad (who loves Supernatural as much as I do!!) would definitely attend. Plus there seems to be tonnes of people on here showing their support.

If nothing else, it would be awesome if SM would consider it as an option, because I know that they could pull it off and make an awesome weekend out of it :smile:

Edited by Laurenx

I know 2 people who after enduring 'that' event, would practically worship the ground Showmasters would walk upon , if Showmasters were to either run a convention, or at least have Jensen and Jared at signing events.

Based on what I was told about it , it was quite literally as the name of the event, I think both the people I know and others want, is for SM to have a well organised Supernatural convention or if at a signing event, a pleasant not rushed experience of meeting the guests.

I don't think that having the guests at a Collectormania is stepping on other organisers toes, as the other organiser could be approached to bring that guest to a signing event? I believe this does happen on occassion?

I'm sure the 2 people that I know will make their opinions known, after they've recovered from their experience of this past weekend.

LMFAO. The name of the event does describe it VERY aptly. I went once and never again. I'd love it if Showmasters/ME did one to their usual quality (and LIMIT the attendees as usual!!). I just doubt it will happen :unsure:

DavidB : Not heard anything to that effect, but prob would explain why they had to sell that many tickets

Psychosis : It does eh, and I also went to the last one that Jensen was at .

Prob will never happen, but for the SN fans here, can live in hope.

As someone to had to endure the chaos of the last weekend to meet the cast of her fave US TV show I would be OVER THE MOON if SM/ME did a Supernatural event

I have never experienced an event like this one at the weekend - it was just a nightmare from beginning to end.....

I know other events have had issues but things like the queuing for 3 hours to register only to be told once you had got to the front of the queue that you had to queue again for 3 hours to get all your pre booked photo and auto passes!!!!!

I also agree with the comments about the photos - I was left craving SM's wonderful and friendly photgrapher after a photo that I had paid a lot of money for was almost half missing one of the guests it was so far off to the left.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SM'S - RUN A PROPER SUPERNATURAL EVENT!!!! The guests are amazing and after this weekend I am sure that they want to return to the UK but with another organiser!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lisa2004

I don't think that explains why they sold that many tickets. They had about 12 guests. They could've sold out 800 tickets with JUST the two boys there and saved the money for the other 10 guests towards the boys' prices. More likely they got greedy.

AMEN to to this thread!

Friday had to be the worst con day in my whole life. I was nearly in tears by the end of it as it was just horrific.

Was there from 10.30am to find they didnt have my reg pack at the reg desk. Queued for the ticket office as was told to do but after 2 hrs of queueing to get to the front, they didnt have it either. Was told to come back later and they'd sort it. Happened to walk past one of the organisers and he had my pack plus at least 10 others just in his hand!! What the hell was he gonne do with them?! I had extra autos missing from the pack so had to sort that out on Sat when I had time.

Anywayz, I'm wont say anymore as not sure I'm allowed lol.

If SM could do this then only one thing I would ask.....J+J would have to allow touching in photos. It just ruined it that we werent allowed to hug then for pix. I just wanted their arms around me!

I heard a variety of reasons why it wasnt being allowed but every other SPN event in the world - US and Oz - have had normal pix with.

Why did we have to suffer? =(

xxxx

The no touching rule had nothing whatsoever to do with the organisers and was a direct request from the guests because I heard them say it. That will probably be the rule forever more since some fans in Australia a few weeks back couldnt keep their grabby hands to themselves. Blame them for ruining things for everyone else.

Although I didn't go to last weekend, I had a friend who did and who would love SM to do an SPN con! SM have proved to keep going from strength to strength on convention front and I so would snap up a ticket of any kind (Collecto/Convention) if they were to run an SPN Con! XD

I personally think Showmasters/ME can put on a Supernatural convention

even with the same amount of tickets and still make it the best Supernatural event, plus for those who did attend we didnt actually have 1500 people attend, 160 people actually didnt turn up and some didnt arrive until the saturday so its not the case of how many people are around its how its organised

and Jensen came over for the first ever UK Supernatural convention which had an attendance of 400 people so i dont think the guests are as much as you would think... Robert Pattinson more than likely costs more now lol

Well the other event and organiser hasn't been named so I don't know what the rule is on that. I'm sure a lot of people in fact enjoyed the weekend but from what I have heard it doesn't sound good. I'm not slagging off any other event, but I honestly think that SM/ME could run the best Supernatural con and I wouldn't even be completely bothered if they couldn't get Jensen and Jared, yes of course I would LOVEEEE to meet them so much, but there are also so many other great supernatural cast members such as Misha Collins, Lauren Cohan, Katie Cassidy, Jim Beaver and the Ghostfacers!

Edited by Laurenx

Thanks Jason!

I know it's very tricky for you, but you're right about people being allowed to say what they think didn't work. From this thread all I see are people that are heartbroken about their meetings and photos. I think they're fully entitled to say what they want!

Thanks for re opening the thread Jason....

I totally agree that the concerns of the weekend need airing and all we want is a Supernatural Event that is run well and not the chaos of last weekend

It was a total nightmare and I dont know how anyone connected with the running of the event can say otherwise....