New Bond Girl for Autographica

Dave Phillips

A little information about Femi for you -

Femi Gardiner was a successful model during the 1980s appearing in many magzines and advertisments. She was one of the lucky 9 models that were selected to help glamourise The Living Daylights and appear as Harem Girls. The girls were flown over to Morocco to film. After filming Femi did alot of publicity for the film appearing in magazines across the world and promoting the film.

Femi was one of the three girls from The Living Daylights who became the envy of teenage girls everywhere when she posed with heart-throbs A-ha at a press call announcing their partnership with John Barry on the film's soundtrack.

Edited by Dave Phillips

A little information about Femi for you -

Femi Gardiner was a successful model during the 1980s appearing in many magzines and advertisments. She was one of the lucky 9 models that were selected to help glamourise The Living Daylights and appear as Harem Girls. The girls were flown over to Morocco to film. After filming Femi did alot of publicity for the film appearing in magazines across the world and promoting the film.

Femi was one of the three girls from The Living Daylights who became the envy of teenage girls everywhere when she posed with heart-throbs A-ha at a press call announcing their partnership with John Barry on the film's soundtrack.

Is there a picture on a website of Femi Gardiner with A-ha at the press call?

Dave, is it possible if I can print out the picture above of Timothy Dalton with the actresses (including Fami Gardiner) who played the Harem Girls, onto photo paper? I thought it would be best to ask for permission first. It's just in case she dosen't have that same picture above on her table.

The following guest suggestions focus on The Living Daylights.

On the IMDb cast list for The Living Daylights there are 11 actresses credited with the role "Girl", including Fami Gardiner. There are 9 actresses in the photo with Timothy Dalton in the photo above. So there might have been two actresses who weren't in the photo. Anyway, below I have suggested the other 10 actresses from The Living Daylights credited on the IMDb with the role "Girl":

Odette Benatar

Dianna Casale

Sharon Devlin

Patricia Keefer

Ruddy Rodríguez

Mayte Sanchez

Cela Savannah

Karen Seeberg

Waris Walsh (top row, third from the right)

& Karen Williams.

Earlier when doing a Google search for Femi Gardiner images from The Living Daylights (in particular the photo above and one of her with A-ha) I saw part of a Daily Mail news article about Waris Walsh. I clicked on the icon and read some of the article. She went missing in 2008. Just read the threads on her IMDb forum, one of which is about her disappearance. She was eventually found. It would be nice if she and the other actresses who played the Harem Girls could attend with Fami Gardiner.

Edited by SunSpeed

I havent seen a photo of Femi and A-ha at the press call but will keep looking.

As you mentioned 11 actresses were credited with the role of "Girl". Out of the 11 girls 7 appeared as Pool Girls in the scene where Koskov & Necros are at the pool discussing the kidnapping. Then later 9 of the 11 girls appeared as Harem Girls quickly seen as Bond is jumping over the rooftops in Morocco.

In the above photo from bottom right the girls are - Sharon Devlin, Femi Gardiner, Karen Williams, Ruddy Rodriquez, Dianna Casale, Waris Walsh (Dirie), Patricia Keefer, Cela Savannah and Karen Seeberg.

Mayte Sanchez and Odette Benatar only appeared as the Pool Girls in the pool scene. Karen Williams, Ruddy Rodriquez, Patricia Keefer, Dianna Casale and Cela Savannah were the only girls to appear as both Pool Girls and Harem Girls.

Overall all of the 11 girls appeared in the film (some more then others) and appeared in various magazines doing alot of promotion for the film. Femi, Karen Seeberg & Patricia Keefer were chosen to appear with A-ha at the press call.

Hope that helps.