LATEST COLLECTORMANIA ANNOUNCEMENT

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce the return of the Collectormania Party. Starting at 730pm on Sunday 6th May, and running until 2am (the bar will shut at 1am), we'll be holding a rocking and rolling party at the National Hockey Stadium, just down the road from Middleton Hall. Amongst the night's entertainment will be both a DJ and a live band, and guest Anthony Head has agreed* to join us during the evening and perform live. Tickets are £15 and will go on sale shortly from our online shop.

Further details to follow.

*All guests are subject to work commitments.

• Showmasters Admin

showmasters - If I buy a ticket and then Tony of some reason has to cancel, will I get a refund then as my only reason for going to the party would be to see him?

As the first post by SM says "*All guests are subject to work commitments." I read this as you are buying a ticket for the party, not to see Tony, it will not be refundable if he cancels.

In the same way as entry tickets to G-Mex and LFCC are not refundable if a guest cancels.

showmasters - If I buy a ticket and then Tony of some reason has to cancel, will I get a refund then as my only reason for going to the party would be to see him?

As the first post by SM says "*All guests are subject to work commitments." I read this as you are buying a ticket for the party, not to see Tony, it will not be refundable if he cancels.

In the same way as entry tickets to G-Mex and LFCC are not refundable if a guest cancels.

That's exactly what I was going to say :closedeyes:

Okay, thanks for the reply. Guess I´ll just have to keep my fingers crossed then that he won´t cancel cause I will SO be there. :blink: He is such a good singer!

I just want to ask a couple of really dumb questions before I start to persuade my friend (the one who bought the Gold Pass for me) to use her credit card again.

• What kind of a gathering is this party?
  • So I have to dress up as someone/thing?
  • Is it safe to walk around Milton Keynes at night?
  • Should I try to get tickets for both the parties?

Basically I'd like to know more about everything... I bet there are people here who've dunnit many times already...

-mts.tyra- "the con virgin"

sounds excellent SM! :( and yey we are booked in the TL too wahooo :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

ps-maybe I'm just behind on my thread reading (this is the first in the c11 section I've read :D) but people have mentioned 2 parties?!?! :P

ETA - never mind, just got it :D this is the Sunday night thing and there's also a Saturday night part-ay as well *lightbulb* rock on! :D

Edited by surfy_sah

• Showmasters Admin

I just want to ask a couple of really dumb questions before I start to persuade my friend (the one who bought the Gold Pass for me) to use her credit card again.

• What kind of a gathering is this party?
  • So I have to dress up as someone/thing?
  • Is it safe to walk around Milton Keynes at night?
  • Should I try to get tickets for both the parties?

Basically I'd like to know more about everything... I bet there are people here who've dunnit many times already...

-mts.tyra- "the con virgin"

Firstly please read the >>PARTY section in the FAQ<<

Is it safe to walk around Milton Keynes at night? - MK is no worse than any other city. IF you're in a group of 3 or more you'll be fine. As with any city I wouldn't suggest walking around at night if you're girls only, but as I say that's good advice for ANY city. If your hotel is more than 5-10 mins walk I'd suggest getting a taxi.

Should I try to get tickets for both the parties? - That's obviously completely up to you. This is the first time SM have has 2 parties so no one can really give you advice on that.

PS: As a con virgin you'll find reading the FAQ as a whole very useful.

Edited by Too Tall

Is it safe to walk around Milton Keynes at night? - MK is no worse than any other city. IF you're in a group of 3 or more you'll be fine. As with any city I wouldn't suggest walking around at night if you're girls only, but as I say that's good advice for ANY city. If your hotel is more than 5-10 mins walk I'd suggest getting a taxi.

Yes, I can confirm that.

A drunk tried to hit on my friend Kithara and me at C10 when we were walking around the Centre area at night.

We got rid of him pretty easily, but 1) I am not easily intimidated and 2) I have a very big mouth.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I very much doubt it, James doesnt attend evening parties anymore due to security issues, hasnt done for years. So dont bank on him attending. Still we have the lovely tony singing this is great.

nicky

that´s a shame. One of my dreams has always been to hear Tony and James perform together. That would be SO good! :D:YAHOO::YAHOO:

Thanks for all the help, but what I'd really love to read are personal experiences from the past parties...

Oh, and Too Tall:

I might be inexperienced with these kinds of things, but I'm not stupid either :YAHOO:

I know it's not wise to tell people online where you are staying. Let's just say that the hotel is neither the Travelodge nor the Travel Inn and that it's about 10mins walk from thecentre (and it seems that the distance to the Hockey Stadium is about the same...)

BTW I read all the FAQ's back in November, but I guess it was useful to refresh my memory. :YAHOO:

I really am not worried about people trying to pick me up... Being overweight, over 6ft tall and a woman somehow helps in that category... :YAHOO:

*wonders how tall Too Tall really is*

-mts.tyra-