Gold Pass question

Travelling down for my first LFCC and was wondering if buying a gold pass was absolutely neccessary?

I want to get in relatively early but the price is putting me off getting a gold pass. I'll already be paying enough for travel, accomodation and autographs/spending money so hoping I'll be able to get away with buying a regular weekend pass instead.

That depends on what you hope to do throughout the weekend. If you plan on getting a lot of autos and/or pictures, then it's really handy. If you only have a few things then you'll be ok without it. What were you planning on getting (so far that is, there's still 5 months for more guests to be announced!)?

• Moderators

As Wrong Name said it really depends on what you want to get from the event, I personally wouldn't do this particular event without one. I average over 30 photo shoots a year (usually as a minimum) and about as many autographs and also try to squeeze in a few talks so I just couldn't do this show without one

I'll be hoping to get a fair amount of photo shoots and autographs probably a minimum of about 15 but won't be taking in a lot of talks I think.

Across all three days I'd say this would be possible as long as you pre-buy all you photos (whatever happens this is a must) and get there nice and early to get the Virtual Queue tickets as fast (and safely) as possible. 5 a day should be easy. I do agree with StuartG though, I use a Gold Pass for the summer event as I end up getting 20-30 autos and pics and it makes the whole thing a lot more relaxing and things like the Gold Pass room to have a break from the crowds in is great.

Last summer was an exception. Changes have been made to avoid that this situation will ever happen again, like stopping the on the day sales for Saturday.

If you don't have a full schedule like 15 photoshoots a day plus you want to get autographs and talks too or you're on time restrictions (have to leave by noon Sunday or something like that) you can absolutely do the event without a Gold Pass.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Will get myself a regular entry ticket, pre book my photo shoots and make sure I show up early so I don't miss out on any autographs I wanted and still get to see a few talks and get a proper look around the stalls.

The Gold Pass system has not changed - I am pretty sure you asked that before. You only get your confirmation through EventBrite now instead of the old store system. You still need to bring that confirmation to get your wristband on the day.

Thanks for linking our shiny new FAQ Wrong Name. :smile:

• Like 1

The Gold Pass system has not changed - I am pretty sure you asked that before. You only get your confirmation through EventBrite now instead of the old store system. You still need to bring that confirmation to get your wristband on the day.

Thanks for linking our shiny new FAQ Wrong Name. :smile:

No problem :thumbup: It clears up a lot of issues people (including myself) seem to be having.

Yeah I thought the confirmation wouldn't be needed as it would be eticket. As I'm moving I didn't want to have to worry about a needless letter being delivered as it is now an eticket. I ask again as the etickets weren't announced then.

I fill with dread at the thought of moving and not having postal redirection set up. (That said with the amount of stuff I have I just dread moving full stop.)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm moving in a month and haven't had my gold pass confirmation yet so that has me worried. Though I would think the ordering email or eticket would be plenty enough though I would like this confirmed asap.

Sorry, you have me confused now. What are you waiting for besides the EventBrite confirmation? As explained above already, this is all you need. You even replied to my post on March 7 saying that you thought the Eventbrite paperwork was all you needed?

Some of the listings were copied over from the old store and not everything like that was caught, sorry this confused you.

The only thing being physically mailed still are the Diamond Passes. For everything else all you need is what you get from EventBrite.