Who is looking forward to the long Cosplay walk?

Who enjoys that early morning walk/commute in cosplay?

I don't like it at first but after a few mins and a few long looks it does not feel that odd.

At the end of the day on the walk back to the hotel I don't really care. In previous years I have heard people in cars saying hey look at them!

lol, I won't be but I do feel for the rest of ya who have to make that long walk to the Olympia in cosplay.

I'm over in Hammersmith (got them wrong lol, I'm staying in the Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith) so I've gotta walk a bit to the bus station and then walk from the bus stop to the Olympia, so I'd say yea, it is a bit of a commute to the convention itself, but here's hoping it's not hot for those in cosplays.

Edited by Namine

First time I was a little bit embarassed but then whatever. I had one nasty episode when some guy just laughed at me and that was very sad, but then i was like whatever. I will have to walk to Olympia from my hotel which is 13 minutes away, but i usually have headphones on so i won't hear any nasty comments.

• Like 1

First time I was a little bit embarassed but then whatever. I had one nasty episode when some guy just laughed at me and that was very sad, but then i was like whatever. I will have to walk to Olympia from my hotel which is 13 minutes away, but i usually have headphones on so i won't hear any nasty comments.

Which hotel are you in? We are in the Premier inn Hammersmith. It is about a 10 min walk from Olympia.

Which hotel are you in? We are in the Premier inn Hammersmith. It is about a 10 min walk from Olympia.

I'm in Seraphine which is on High Street Kensington

I have a longer journey this time from February and unfortunately I'm alone as my friends are arriving later and live in a different part of London.

Tbh I don't care although as I will be with a face of make-up bruises, fake cuts with fake blood I may get some startled looks! It's not something I can easily apply in the toilets at the venue either as it takes a bit of time and care despite the end result!

I've felt a bit self-conscious on public transport, but as you get nearer the venue there are more cosplayers so you don't look so weird. This is the first year I will be staying in a hotel and walking instead of using the tube, so we will see how that goes (if I will meet more cosplayers on the way). My hotel is in West Cromwell Rd, so 15' walk.