Thank You

veganmaxine

I just wanted to say Thank You for all 8 brilliant hubs.

To Jason, Mark, Paul, TooTall, all the crew, Malcolm, and to all the fans who I have met, chatted to and befriended over the years at my favourite con ever.

And to all the guests for being so down to earth, friendly and hilariously funny.

I am so going to miss The Hub.

Hub 8 was brilliant, though a little quiet (we did manage to make lots of noise though), and very emotional at the end too.

One thing I will take away from hub 8 is my actually winning something this time too - breakfast with Kai, as I am normally too terrified to enter/ bid on these types of prizes!:YAHOO: Thanks Dawn for helping me out.

I hope you guys will post your memories of HUB 8, as I am always hopeless at remembering everything until you jog my memory! I did remember to watch 'man falling off chair'on youtube though, which had me cracking up before it happene as I could picture the guys faces from yesterday watching it on stage! :D

Highlights for me; Kai's Hub thank you speech during his talk, which set some of us off in the front row, at least; Kai phoning up Tom Price and letting us chat to him, and a Message from Russell T via Gary Russell saying thank you to us all for our support - can anyone remember the exact words here? We were all blubbing again at this stage! I don't want to believe it's actually over now.

Hope to see some of you at Chevron, and other ME cons too.

Hugs,

Maxine

Edited by veganmaxine

Hi Maxine.

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast, I didn't really get a chance to check things out with you later in the day. He kept me kinda busy.

Kai said it was great fun and he can't remember when he ate so much ever before for breakfast.

I'm always happy to persuade people to part with cash for Harry's fund so thank you again from myself and Kai for your contribution. (That goes to everyone I harrassed from reg desk on Saturday and from his desk on Sunday).

I just wanted to add to Maxine's post and agree with everything she said. I met her at the Hub, along with Julie who has become one of my best friends. We were all sat with tears in our eyes on the front row. Maxine is so lovely, I enjoy her and her Mom's company and without all the Hubs I wouldn't know any of them, plus all the other fantastic people I have met.

Thanks ME, for all of it!

Terrie x

Hi Maxine.

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast, I didn't really get a chance to check things out with you later in the day. He kept me kinda busy.

Kai said it was great fun and he can't remember when he ate so much ever before for breakfast.

I'm always happy to persuade people to part with cash for Harry's fund so thank you again from myself and Kai for your contribution. (That goes to everyone I harrassed from reg desk on Saturday and from his desk on Sunday).

Thanks sweetie, I'm so glad you harassed us all to buy tickets, and that I managed to get the last ticket.

I tried to look out for you through the day to say thanks, but I didn't see you. Glad Kai enjoyed his food then, lol, and that I didn't make a fool of myself! x

Great post, I was a bit teary when Gary Russell passed the message on from RTD, wasnt it something like 'Thank you for supporting Torchwood'?

Just to have a direct message from RTD was amazing!

Thanks Debs!

I just wanted to add to Maxine's post and agree with everything she said. I met her at the Hub, along with Julie who has become one of my best friends. We were all sat with tears in our eyes on the front row. Maxine is so lovely, I enjoy her and her Mom's company and without all the Hubs I wouldn't know any of them, plus all the other fantastic people I have met.

Thanks ME, for all of it!

Terrie x

Thanks Terrie, that's so sweet. You are setting me off again now! :WINCE:

although this hub was a bit quieter, it was still a fantastic weekend. everyone just seemed so chilled out and laid back. lots of great memories again that will stay with me. even got to share a pint (or 3) with Kai watching the match :WINCE: . only bought the tickets coz as you say all for a good cause. :P

speaking as one of the 5 unit members from the friday, we all agreed its not the end of torchwood/hubs..... its just a long break to give us all time to recover from much dancing of doctorin the tardis, time warp and many other songs that will always bring back the memories.

The crew were amazing as always :P

it was lovely to have the guest encounters with all the guests, the only downfall of it was when it came to Q&A with the guests on stage questions were few as most were asked during the encounters lol

sorry to waffle on, look forward to seeing people at future events. already making plans for CM glasgow :D

Edited by Nikki_Nutta

I was also very tearful on Saturday evening and Sunday.

Even though my first ME event was ET1, it was Hub that sold it for me and I've met some of my loveliest friends and even adopted a big sister from it.

If Torchwood/Hub ever resurrect themselves again - I am so so there with bells on.

*Ange tries not to start blubbing again at her desk lol*

Really going to miss these events, every guest has been great fun and very down to earth and its a real shame its at an end.

I'll miss a lot - the guests, meeting new friends in this fandom, northampton Park inn, the skits, the parties,Gareths jokes, party tricks and noises - funniest q&a sessions , kai singing, the barrowman line, the screenings and quizzes & just the fun in general so many more things as well but we'd be here all day.

Hope we can do it all again when this credit crunch/recession is over and get more people to go again but i would def go in a shot, just hope its not too long. Thanks to everyone at ME for organising its been fun.

Edited by buffy2k

I just wanted to say Thank You for all 8 brilliant hubs.

To Jason, Mark, Paul, TooTall, all the crew, Malcolm, and to all the fans who I have met, chatted to and befriended over the years at my favourite con ever.

And to all the guests for being so down to earth, friendly and hilariously funny.

I am so going to miss The Hub.

Hub 8 was brilliant, though a little quiet (we did manage to make lots of noise though), and very emotional at the end too.

One thing I will take away from hub 8 is my actually winning something this time too - breakfast with Kai, as I am normally too terrified to enter/ bid on these types of prizes! :blush: Thanks Dawn for helping me out.

I hope you guys will post your memories of HUB 8, as I am always hopeless at remembering everything until you jog my memory! I did remember to watch 'man falling off chair'on youtube though, which had me cracking up before it happene as I could picture the guys faces from yesterday watching it on stage! :D

Highlights for me; Kai's Hub thank you speech during his talk, which set some of us off in the front row, at least; Kai phoning up Tom Price and letting us chat to him, and a Message from Russell T via Gary Russell saying thank you to us all for our support - can anyone remember the exact words here? We were all blubbing again at this stage! I don't want to believe it's actually over now.

Hope to see some of you at Chevron, and other ME cons too.

Hugs,

Maxine

I am so glad I went to this 'final' (maybe, who knows in the world of TW) Hub, having been to 6 out of the 8 in all. The exact phrase from RTD was 'Thank you for loving Torchwood', which I took careful note of as I found it deeply moving. I *do* actually love TW!

Thanks to everyone who made them all so special, crew, fans, cosplayers, dancers, guests ... they were my first cons but not the last! :clap:

I just wanted to say Thank You for all the 8 fantastic hubs. :clap:

Thank you to SM/ME, to Jason, Mark, Paul, TooTall, all the crew, Malcolm and all the guests I met there over the years.

Thanks to all the fans, cosplayers, dancers. I met wonderful people over the various Hub I attended. :D

I will miss the Hub and I really hope that one day there will be the possibility to have this con back.

Thank you for your hard work. You rock guys. ;)

:WAVE:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry that i write this so late but when the hub 8 was over i couldn't believe and i was so busy between classes and work.... now it is almost a month ago and i couldn't believe.... :blink:

I'm from Spain and meet Torchwood is one of the best hapenned things in my life because of that i have met so awesome TW fans in facebook, in twitter.... and the hubs..... :YAHOO: i was at hub7 and 8 the hub 7 was amazing but the hub8 steal my heart it was the best weekend my life, thanks the ME/SM crew you are the best, thanks for having always pacience with me because my english, a big thanks to jodie she helped always and always kind and very nice, thanks to TW fandom you are the best people! all of you rock!! I will miss all of you!! :clap:

Thanks so much to the actos, to the guest, meet John Barrowman, Kai and specially for me meet Gareth David Lloyd will stay with me forever :wub: , it was amazing, i was teary at the end i really love Torchwood if someday the hub comes back i will be there.... of course!!I am from Spain but i love a sci fic brit tv-serie oh yes i do and i'm proud of it!! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone from everything all this memories will be with me forever!! :dance: