Tokens

At Destination Star Trek.

Money was exchanged for Tokens < £15, £20, £25, £30, £50>

Would you want this at any of the major Showmasters events?

I know something simular to this happens at other <non Showmasters> events

NO!

VQ tickets with cash at the desk seems the best way at the moment. If you have a handful of tokens you want to use, but end up waiting for ages to meet one guest in particular, you could end up not having time to use a token and you will have wasted your money as its non refundable.

• Like 1

No thanks lol. Just like at another event where you pay for your autographs and the stamp a piece of paper with how many autographs you've paid for and then a crewer crosses them off as you go. Personally I prefer the way it is, paying at each signer with cash.

directly from the DSTL topic "Please do another Event" (http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86473):

Showmasters reply:

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

LFCC 85,000 people over 3 days

DSTL 9,000 over 3 days

its not the same event in any way .

some points to cover

We will not be using tokens at our events as it means you have to queue up twice so you have less time to get your autographs.

We did not run the signing zone at this years DST, Media 10 organised this aspect of the show, we would not let people queue for up to 3 hours for a guest that was not there , we keep in touch with the guests and inform you if there are issues.

VQ tickets would have helped with this issues , thats why all Shwomasters events use VQ tickets for when lines get to long.

Hope this is of help

Edited by twinzz
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

NO its a not going to happen at our events , it dose not work and its not something that is there to help you the fans , at DSTL Media 10 hired in temp crew that they did not know, as such they did not know them to trust so they wanted to take the money out of the loop when paying for autographs etc.

We at Showmasters have a amazing and trustworthy crew that are good reliable fans and as such we do not look after income in this way so its a NO we will not use tokens.

One other thing that most people do not see ,at DSTL you are queuing up to buy the tokens than you go and get in a queue again to get your autographs so you are queuing twice , if the numbers at a show were large not like DSTL where it was only around 8000 to 9000 then the lines would be crazy to get tokens so it does not help you or save you any time, it was only there to try to look after the money for the show and we have that all in hand at Showmasters with out trained crew.

hope that is of help

• Like 3

Thanks for nipping this one in the bud Showmasters. I wasn't at DSTL this year but have been to shows previously that employ the token rule and quite simply it is a pain. Glad to see you are not changing this.

• Like 1

NO its a not going to happen at our events , it dose not work and its not something that is there to help you the fans , at DSTL Media 10 hired in temp crew that they did not know, as such they did not know them to trust so they wanted to take the money out of the loop when paying for autographs etc.

We at Showmasters have a amazing and trustworthy crew that are good reliable fans and as such we do not look after income in this way so its a NO we will not use tokens.

One other thing that most people do not see ,at DSTL you are queuing up to buy the tokens than you go and get in a queue again to get your autographs so you are queuing twice , if the numbers at a show were large not like DSTL where it was only around 8000 to 9000 then the lines would be crazy to get tokens so it does not help you or save you any time, it was only there to try to look after the money for the show and we have that all in hand at Showmasters with out trained crew.

hope that is of help

Thanks Jason. Glad to hear you are keeping with your tried and trusted method and such a shame they didn't let you handle this aspect at the weekend, it made for a much worse autograph experience.

I first came accross this years ago at a competitor and it's what finally decided me on never going to their events again. It's an awful way to run an event and made it a horrible experience - massive queues to buy a voucher that you couldn't get a refund on so were screwed if the guest left or you didn't get through for some reason, then you had to go and join another queue to see the guest - it totally put me off spur of the moment auto purchases as I couldn't face the massive queue again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can do this anyway at the desk at the front at LFCC with a credit or debit card, which I usually do. So it doesn't need to be implemented because it sort of already exists.

Sort of is the keyword there. The vouchers carry over to other events if you don't spend them for example.