Events Centre

alisonloub

I am really intrigued about the events centre. What's it like alisonloub?

Well there is big boards up right now around it, it's a seperate building but looks like you will be able to access it from the actually shopping mall, judging by the large boards and area that has been taken up, it's right next door to the cinema (showcase) so I assume it is going to be intergrated with that some where!.

It is massive from the outside, very sleek!

I am really intrigued about the events centre. What's it like alisonloub?

Well there is big boards up right now around it, it's a seperate building but looks like you will be able to access it from the actually shopping mall, judging by the large boards and area that has been taken up, it's right next door to the cinema (showcase) so I assume it is going to be intergrated with that some where!.

It is massive from the outside, very sleek!

bluewatereventsentertai.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm off there today....a bit of shopping and dining with the hubby...am going to check out the area to see how it's coming along.....

I'm sold anyway...they said the magic word as far as I'm concerned...."Wagamama"....that's all I need ....it opens from November 10, along with a couple of other new eateries and some refurbed Nando's and TGIF's.... :unsure:

I'm sorted for the whole weekend whichever way.....we live in Maidstone which is only 30 mins drive away, or I can stay at my sis in law's in Sidcup - another short drive away or mother in law's in Plumstead, a quick 96 bus ride there....I can do both days without incurring a - a hotel fee or b - freezing my ass off at a draughty footie stadium like MK!.... :(

I don't think I've been this happy about an event since I found out Michael Shanks was doing the first Chevron!!!!....

Of course my days will be made if they ask him to B/Water..... :wub:

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, good that its quite big then!

Cannot actually wait. Live a little distance away, but nothing crazy! Travellable...better than the distance and price of London, so more to spend on shoots etc!!!

I'm now just hoping the people I want to be there are announced!

Wagamamas shouldn't have been mentioned. I could eat that FOREVER.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Christmas show and its a nice venue. It's two halls the same size one above the other. The lay out would make a nice split of one floor for the dealers and one floor for signing and talk stages.

The only thing I don't much like about it is that the main enterance is on the first floor at the top of a big staircase. I do not think this is a good idea with the size of crowds you can get waiting to go into the shows. It will probably mean that we will have to queue outside in the car park in the cold.

I went to the Christmas show and its a nice venue. It's two halls the same size one above the other. The lay out would make a nice split of one floor for the dealers and one floor for signing and talk stages.

The only thing I don't much like about it is that the main enterance is on the first floor at the top of a big staircase. I do not think this is a good idea with the size of crowds you can get waiting to go into the shows. It will probably mean that we will have to queue outside in the car park in the cold.

That happens for Collectormania Milton Keynes, London Film and Comic Con and Entertainment Media show too i guess though? :) But atleast with Collectormania Glasgow being in a shopping centre it's indoor :D hurrah! I think fans are always battling the weather for shows :D I remember my first LFCC it was lovely and sunny and then it started drizzly raining a little bit and my hair was a mess by the time i got into the venue! :)

The problem is this if you queue up upstairs but inside the shopping centre we will block the access for the shoppers. The only other spaces to wait are either at the bottom of the stairs or outside . We'll just have to wait and see :)

Its more of the design idea that I don't like, there are snall doors on the bottom floor either side of the stairs but the main enterance is at the top of the big staircase which I do not see the point of apart from a designer thinking it looks good.

I was there at a craft type show today too....nice centre and the Xmas in New York for the kids with the skating rink upstairs and all the other bits is fun, if a tad cold....

It would be a shame if they don't use this venue as I think it would be very comfortable for the guests and without the ice rink a damn sight warmer than MK Stadium..... :YAHOO:

Deeds xx