Pretty big Protest on that weekend help

Keep checking as it will keep changing. A few years ago I went to an event in Norwich. that weekend was the longest year of my life. What a boring city Norwich is!

I was looking at tickets and thought return tickets from London £9 that's good I'll get some when I get my money. Three days later they had gone up to £34. I thought sod that I won't go. By pure chance about 2 months later I thought I'll look and see what it will cost now. Wahey! Same train leaving the same station from the same platform at the same time... £11.30 so I bought my ticket. :thumbup:

I've also managed to get away with a cheap ticket by using my history. And to this day I still don't understand it. I looked at the price of a ticket at work and it said £8.25. I didn't want to put my credit card details on my work computer so thought I would wait until I got home. When I got home I had saved my search for that destination in my favourites the night before. Hmm not what I was expecting ticket price £6.70. I thought have a go it probably won't work so hit buy ticket expecting the price to change. It didn't so I carried on with the transaction and got charged £6.70 for my ticket. Result!! I took the dog for a walk diverting to the nearby train station to print my ticket off and yep it said on it £6.70. When I got home I went back to the webpage to buy a ticket, this time not using the favourites so it was a new approach from a search engine (Google) and the price for that trip said £8.25 the price quoted that morning.

I've tried doing that since and it has never worked sadly. Whether it was a glitch or the god of travel was smiling on me that day I don't know.

So I would suggest keep an eye on the prices as they are likely to keep changing between now and then. It's just a matter of taking the right price and hope you don't find out later if you waited a few days it would have been cheaper. I've had it and it does annoy you.

It's also time dependent as they want to fill seats in quiet times, so if you look at really early times in the morning, you can sometimes bag some bargains. The downside is that you must travel on that specific train at that specific time in a specified seat. If you don't, you'll get charged the usual rate.

- G

sometimes the cheaper seats arent on sale straight away. Have been looking myself and its almost 3 times more expensive for me to get hom on the Monday than to get down on the Thursday. This happened in the summer and we booked the down journey, waited a few days and then did the return journey for a similar price.