Question about the photoshoot pictures available online.

J.P.

There is a note that all picture will be available to download for a fee.

I wonder how this will be managed?

Call me paranoid, but I am very concerned about my pictures available online without me having any control over them. This nasty Daily Mail article only confirmed my fears.

Where does it say they will be available for free please JP? I haven't seen anything definitive from SM anywhere.

Whilst I understand what you mean re the Mail, my understanding from what I have read is that the people behind that article may have 'taken' the pictures from the attendees themselves from where they have posted them on their own twitter/facebook ect pages.

Sometime after an event, photos get uploaded to Showmasters photo library. The images are tagged all over with the Showmasters logo, but you can purchase this image without tags for £5 (usually, not sure if it's different for this event though) but I don't know anything other then that. I think anyone can purchase a photo? Even if it's you and the guest and they're not involved?

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com

Call me paranoid, but I am very concerned about my pictures available online without me having any control over them. This nasty Daily Mail article only confirmed my fears.

I wouldn't worry about that, it usually takes a day or two for the photos to be uploaded and by then no doubt the mail will have moved on to some other earth shattering news story like Amy Childs eating some crisps!

• Like 2

What was the article from the Daily Mail about please?

Usual media mocking of collectors. Intimating attendees who paid up to £3000 were obsessive. Not worth bothering with I googled it and got bored half way through it.

• Like 1

I used the Mail only as an example. I just feel generally uncomfortable with my photos online. The system minchb described might be good though.

With the images being tagged, it stops people from saving them which is good, because if you really want it you'd have to pay! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank God for scanners! I scanned mine, too.

I got one signed, before I had the chance to scan the original version, BUT I took a pretty decent picture of it, so yeah. It's all good!

5 quid doesn't sound like a lot, but if you have/want to get 10 of your photos it's a lot.

Edited by ieeerr