Well done Crew!

Hayden Is My Hero

The guy at Phoot Area Number 3 was absouletly star! He was very organised and made sure we were allowed to queue straight after the Golds for Una yesterday (after more and more golds, started reappearing)

He was pretty entertaining too.. Wish I could say thanks to him!

• Like 1

Whilst some queues were better managed than others and once the other people queuing helped me slot into the right place behind the other golds, on the whole the crew did an excellent job and were all very helpful and obliging. The guy managing photo area 1 deserves a medal. That queue was the best organised and he was incredibly clear at all times about who should be queuing and where and who should come back a bit latter and at what time. Honestly my anxiety levels dropped considerably in that area and I was actually nice and calm when actually got to get my photo with Ben.

Also a special shout out to the lovely ladies at the package pick up points who actually came away from the desk on Sunday evening to ask everyone in queue for the museum area if they had picked up their bag and everything they needed. It's only now that realised my bag contained neither a event badge or 4 trading cards which were advertised but I didn't realise that at the time, and it was really sweet of them to check people had got their bags and signed photos.

The only disordered thing which really got to me was not the fault of any crew but the BBC shop who had me wait in the worlds longest queue on Friday just to be told as finally made the front that sorry were closing now and can you just put your purchases back. I understand they needed to close a some point but I'm utterly annoyed that i waited for so long to come away empty handed. But as i said that is not in anyway the crews fault.

• Like 1

The exclusive event badge I was told was the one that was on your plug chain with your package and number on it that they ended up putting a hole through, not my idea of a badge but when I questioned that I thought badge gave the impression that it would be a pin badge I was met with a very rude ''well that's your impression and a tenuous one at that'' so rather than tell this person exactly what I thought I just told her not to speak to attendees like that and that the description was very misleading and just walked away.

Yea the people at the goodies bag desk where very nice and friendly and also reminded us about the goodies bag and if we still needed to pick them up and even offered after asking so many times for our pre-signed autos to ship our pictures to our home if they didn't have them by the time we needed to leave, so thank you very friendly and helpful

• Like 1

I admit I was worried about the schedule and the clashes before the con, but the crew was amazing, so nice and helpful. They did an excellent job and I felt sorry for their throat (repeating loudly over again and again is not helpful) and their hands (the hole punch thing spelled to be very difficult to manage!). Thanks to them, I managed to have all my photos and my autographs and went to all the talks except the group talk, Lars&Rupert on Sunday but it was because Ben's delayed schedule, and the visual effects.

Thnks so much to them!

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed with the information before the event, but the folks on the site were marvelous.

You might be no angels, but you surely are on their side!

You rock, guys!

kissflowers.gif

• Like 1

The exclusive event badge I was told was the one that was on your plug chain with your package and number on it that they ended up putting a hole through, not my idea of a badge but when I questioned that I thought badge gave the impression that it would be a pin badge I was met with a very rude ''well that's your impression and a tenuous one at that'' so rather than tell this person exactly what I thought I just told her not to speak to attendees like that and that the description was very misleading and just walked away.

I see, yes i was thinking pin badge too, that could have been a bit clearer as i wouldn't expect my entry badge to considered part of a goodie bag, but it is a very nice entry badge i can keep as a reminder so its all good.

The guy at Phoot Area Number 3 was absouletly star! He was very organised and made sure we were allowed to queue straight after the Golds for Una yesterday (after more and more golds, started reappearing)

He was pretty entertaining too.. Wish I could say thanks to him!

If you are on about Sunday I believe it was Justin organising the queue :)

The guy sorting the queues at photoshoot 1 deserves some kind of medal (and a good hot toddy for his throat) both for his organisation and for remaining so calm and polite throughout.

Agreed! He kept the queue for Lara's shoot on Sunday afternoon wonderfully organized.

Guys can I get a big "awwww" of sympathy for all the crew who were on hole punching duty yesterday and are back in the office today trying to type? haha!

All together now!

Oh my god,yes - you must all have one huge arm like Popeye's by now! Thanks for being so great, though - I heard loads of people voicing their appreciation and I told every yellow shirt I could how grateful I was.

I spoke to several of the crew over the weekend and thanked them for their hard work. Doing a customer service role myself (I work in a busy university library) I appreciate receiving good service and will always say so when I get it.

I have only love and praise for the crew. They were amazing all the way through. Because of chronic illnesses, I had decided to rent a mobility scooter at the ExCeL so I could enjoy the convention without getting too tired too fast and avoid too much pain. The crew was so nice and helpful, I got an "Extra Help Form", giving me priority to get in front of the queue in my ticket group (Gold). Wherever I came with the mobility scooter the crew was so sweet, taking care of me, guiding me in via the Exit to a shoot if I couldn't drive in. They were patient with me when I had to get in and out, asked if I was OK, lending me a hand etc etc. When I had to return the mobility scooter (bc Europcar where I rented it closed early both days), they were kind to get me a chair I could sit on or still letting me in front of the queue in my ticket group.

They were all so helpful, smiling, funny, a great laugh and kind. I can't thank them enough for their help, which I told a lot of them throughout the weekend :)

So to all the crew, yellow and red, loads of hugs and love from me to you <3

P.s Loads of hugs and love to the all the fans too for being such good sports whenever a less mobile fan came and cut in on the queue <3

I originally posted the below in another thread and am unable to erase it now ^^;; sorry about that.

The Sherlocked crew were absolutely amazing. Organized, kind, helpful, and never dismissive of fans no matter how hectic it got. They DID manage to get us through everything as QS and several others on this forum had said ;)

Special shout-out to the line organizer/"shouter" outside Photo Area 1. Maybe next year there could be an erasable board outside all photo areas to specify which group is being called, to make these guys' job a little easier. Anyway, you rock man!!

I do have a little suggestion for improvement. I realize that you were trying to get as many people as quickly as possible through for photoshoots... but I think all photographers could take a few notes from the photographer in Area 2 who gave us a little "3...2...1" heads up before our photo was being taken. I REALLY appreciated that, while I was always generally confused in Area 1, and unhappy with more than 1 photo there :/ Everyone paid a lot of money and waited to get their photo taken with the cast for so long, so please do try to maximize the chances of BOTH the fans and the cast looking good!!

Thank you again for everything guys. I WILL be back again, and probably upgrade my gold pass to platinum, next year if this event takes place. And I know I wouldn't be the only one ^^ Cheers!

Edited by miya-chan

Would have to echo everything said above - you all did a FANTASTIC and tireless (as well as sometimes thankless) job!

Again, keeping with the photographs - maybe if Clive were there next time, the photographer might consider portrait rather than landscape orientation - my head is floating against his chest in my photo, but there's no sign of my body! LOL!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you again, I had a great time, loved all my stuff - although the badge was mysteriously missing from the my Platinum gift bag - were there even any handed out? But, "we don't need no stinkin' badges" anyway, so no worries.

Finally, a long shot I know, but KEN, if you're reading this, please get in touch (nursedarry@gmail) so we can talk any upcoming Trek stuff!! (I tried to catch you before leaving but you were busy as hell, and I didn't want to disturb the great job.)

Thank you all again!

I was told that the convention badge with our number/group on was the badge mentioned in the packages?

I do agree about having the portrait pictures for taller guests like Clive, we are a bit body-less in ours too lol.

• Like 1

I was told that the convention badge with our number/group on was the badge mentioned in the packages?

I do agree about having the portrait pictures for taller guests like Clive, we are a bit body-less in ours too lol.

Ah, that's good, then. Have kept it as a souvenir anyway. Thanks for clarifying!

The crew were outstanding. Smiles and helpful answers and organized! I hope they know that for every bonehead they had to deal with, theres a whack of us truly appreciative people!

A+ to all crew and Showmasters in general!!!!

Nice to see the crew and pit bosses getting some well deserved praise. They are often the unsung heroes at these events and this weekend they worked extremely long hours. Well done.

EVERYONE WAS AWESOME.

I'll leave it at that since everyone else has said all the things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this convention and I had an amazing time :)! Absolutely impressive how you guys managed such a big crowd and how well organised it was! The staff was outstanding ... always very friendly & helpful, great fun to talk to, ...

THANK YOU :thumbup: THANK YOU :thumbup: THANK YOU :thumbup: THANK YOU :thumbup: THANK YOU :thumbup: THANK YOU :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting many of you again :smile: