Review of the day

Diabolik

I have to say that after my last SM event, LFCC, I was approaching this event with a good deal of trepidation.

My fears, however were completely unfounded as this was a superb event, incredibly well organised and both myself and my wife had an awesome day.

I managed to get autographs from all the guests, save BC (couldn't justify the higher ticket prices on top of everything else unfortunately) and photos with BC and Andrew Scott.

I found the photo and auto queues very well organised, the guests were nice and chatty and relaxed too, which made for pleasant exchanges. Louise Brealey was a stand out and chatted to us for about 10 minutes, lovely lady!

BC was reserved but hugely busy during his shoot but Andrew Scott was chatty and playful and a great laugh!

I've always found SM staff to be on the whole helpful, if occasionally not clued up about the events, directions etc. this time though all the staff knew the layout and procedures. I've got to thank the staff who went beyond the call of duty; the bearded chap who was looking after Mark Gatiss autograph line (thanks for the late entry my friend!); the tall bearded guy who was looking after the BC photo line (singing Gold by Spandau Ballet was a great laugh); and the chap on Moffats line who loved my Sherlock print and took a photo of it - you guys made a special day all the more so!

Great venue too - spacious, cool and the Excel staff were so much more efficient than the Earls Court staff!

After a poor show with Stan Lee, this has reaffirmed my faith in SM - I'll be back for Autographica!!

• Like 3