Diamond Pass Clarification

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

​I​ think there is a lot of info going on about these new Diamond passes and how they work and what you get, there are also several threads with different info in them, so ​I ​feel it would be good and helpful to lay out some bullet ​points on the passes and also go into why they work like they do and the benefits we feel they bring to you the collector.

The main important thing that everyone must be aware of, each guests Diamond pass will be different​.​T​hey will all offer different aspects and products that have been agreed with the guest and are never going to be the same guest to guest.

Each Diamond pass will be priced differently​,​ as each guest will have a different agreement and will cost the show a different amount.​
​W​hat is offered in the pass will be different​,​as some guests will agree to some things and others will not agree to offer some aspects. ​
​If​ there is something very unique ​(​such as a make up shoot)​ the costs involved are increased (such as ​having to ​provide an​ approved make-up artist to be flown in from the US) and this can add 1000s to the cost of making a photo shoot happen, so it does affect Diamond pass cost.

Some things that are in a guests Diamond pass are​ only being offered to Diamond pass holders,​ and cannot be bought outside of this package so it gives you something rare and unique.

You can buy more that one Diamond pass for the same guest​.​ Y​ou would only do this if you wanted,​ for example, an extra Robert England make-up photo shoot which is exclusive to his Diamond pass, or if there are two of you wanting to be in the same photo and extra Diamond Pass can be purchased.

​You can purchase a Diamond Pass for two different guests, (Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd, for example)​ but there may be a clash in photo shoots, ​talks or some other ​aspect of the passes. ​I​f this happens then you are to talk to the pit bosses that look after the aspects of the pass that clash,​ and they will try to assist you in getting everything your pass includes​.​ W​e will do everything we can in order to​ not clash things that are big or that are happening only once as we want you all to get what you want. You should talk to the relevant pit bosses to help you on the day, we are good at this, and rarely is there a time where a fix cannot be found to help you.

If you have bought a photo op or a talk for say Christopher Lloyd and then you ​want to upgrade to a Christopher Lloyd Diamond pass contact the show and they will be available to help you upgrade.

Your Diamond pass will give you the benefit of not needing a VQ ticket for the lines.​ ​Y​our number on your Dog tag will be your VQ ticket and in Robert Englund's case you can go and get his autograph on any day over the 3 days he is at the show , his Make up is only going to be there on the Sunday so that will happen once that day and again your Dog tag will act as your VQ ticket and you will be called up in batches.

The money you pay for your Diamond pass is to cover the things you get included in the pass such as a seat at the talk, a photo op, a autograph,​ a print etc etc all the items that are listed in the shop when you bought your ticket.​ W​hat it does​ not include is entry to the show​.​ I​t does not give you any privileges to jump queues in other guests lines or get into the gold pass chill out room. ​T​he Diamond Pass​ is just for that guest and you will receive what is listed for that guest'​s Diamond pass and no more.

If you want to jump queue and use the gold pass room then you will need to buy the Gold Pass as it​'​s only this pass that gives you these privileges (a full list of these privileges is available in the online shop)

​You​ will need to buy your entry to the show, either and​ entry ticket that allows you to enter from 9am or a gold pass entry ticket.​
​You will need one of these to gain access to the show.

If you miss one of your Diamond pass exclusive activities due to not being at the show on time or not getting to the right place on time we are not responsible for this and we will not be refunding parts of the Diamond pass because you could not get there​. All​
sales are final and as long as we provide the opportunity over the day or days that is all we can do. ​S​o please be there on time and keep an eye on when things are happening, and if you see something clashing or are in trouble and are going to miss something then ASK for help.​ G​o to a red shirt/Pit boss and explain your issue, WE CANNOT HELP YOU AFTERWARDS we are all here to help you and we want you to get everything you are meant to.

Some of the passes include an exclusive Tshirt. If your pass includes one of these T-Shirts please provide your T-Shirt size (S, M, L, XL or XXL) in the order and delivery comments box ​at the time of ordering. Anyone that does not include a T-Shirt size will receive a randomly sized T-Shirt from those remaining.

• Moderators

Unless it is specified in the announcement for a guest who has a diamond pass that there are NO autograph signings/photoshoots for that guest outside of the diamond pass, then you will be able to buy photoshoots/get a VQ and hopefully an autograph from that guest.

Robert and Christopher are both signing and doing photos outside of their diamond pass upgrades. There may be guests that are diamond pass ONLY, but these first 2 packages are not.

• Like 2

Sounds good! But if this is the case, can all the volunteers be taught about this beforehand? With the show growing every year, the volunteers seem to be able to cope less and less (No offence!). What I mean is I love that the show is growing each year, but just as long as more help is being made behind the scenes as well as on the experience front! :thumbup:

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

• Showmasters Admin

As the shows get bigger it does mean we have to take on more and more new crew for whom will not know everything, there's a lot to learn! That's just part of getting bigger.

We are making sure in the back ground that all the information is available to them before the events.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Too Tall - you mentioned taking more crew, any idea when the email will go out asking for volunteers? I want to keep an eye out for it!

Thanks!

Not for a while we have a lot of shows before this to crew first. LFCC applications will likely come out about March.

• Showmasters Admin

I dont know what your plans are on the amount of different diamondpasses but surely there must be a way to not have diamondactivivities to clash, or will there be that many eventually?

It will be our intention to not clash things but something it's just not possible, but as I've said in another thread, we will try and make sure they overlap so although they may clash you can still go to both. And in the case of a clash as Jason has said, you just need to talk to a pit boss.

• Like 2

Is there a way to buy a diamond pass and not an entry ticket at this point. When I'm ready I want to purshase a gold ticket but it is far to expensive to buy them both together. Your limiting the amount of people wanting to buy tickets this way. Also doesn't help been underpaid this month.

Is there a way to buy a diamond pass and not an entry ticket at this point. When I'm ready I want to purshase a gold ticket but it is far to expensive to buy them both together. Your limiting the amount of people wanting to buy tickets this way. Also doesn't help been underpaid this month.

Have you tried and the order didn't get through? I'm just asking because you can buy photo tickets without an entry ticket too. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the Diamond Pass too. You could as well already have your entry ticket after all and want to add the Diamond Pass for a guest that's announced later.

• Moderators

As long as you have some form of entry ticket bought before the event I believe it is fine. I don't think you have to have bought entry BEFORE purchasing a diamond pass, it's simply that you WILL have to purchase entry.

Hi Too Tall - you mentioned taking more crew, any idea when the email will go out asking for volunteers? I want to keep an eye out for it!

Thanks!

Not for a while we have a lot of shows before this to crew first. LFCC applications will likely come out about March.

Thanks Too Tall! I'll keep a lookout for it!

Crewing was awesome last time :smile: can't wait to do it again!

Unless it is specified in the announcement for a guest who has a diamond pass that there are NO autograph signings/photoshoots for that guest outside of the diamond pass, then you will be able to buy photoshoots/get a VQ and hopefully an autograph from that guest.

Robert and Christopher are both signing and doing photos outside of their diamond pass upgrades. There may be guests that are diamond pass ONLY, but these first 2 packages are not.

Good to know as the husband wants to get Christopher Lloyd's autograph for him.

I have a bit of a Diamond Pass quandary.

I have purchased a Diamond Pass for Robert Englund and had planned to attend on my own on the Sunday and bring my two sons (age 8 and 5) with me on the Saturday instead.

However, they are both Back to the Future Fans and really want to have the photoshoot with Doc and the Delorean, which is only on the Sunday.

Am I going to be able to have them with me in the make up photoshoot queue with Robert (in other photoshoots over the years, e.g. Carrie Fisher they were with me in the queue but just stood to one side when I had the photo) and also in the talk with the two Robert's which I believe are both scheduled for the Sunday. Also if I can have them with me in the talk is there likely to be any age limit on it, would clips from ANOES be shown for example as they wouldn't be old enough for this. Will they need virtual queue tickets to accompany me to get my auto from Robert with my Diamond pass ?

A few questions there I appreciate but as this is a first time for a diamond pass not quite sure on the protocol.

Hi, I have a question to do with the relationship between diamond and gold passes.

I have seen some people on here say that a gold pass can not be used as a vq for diamond guests. I understand that if the guest is diamond ONLY then the gold pass cannot be used, but if a diamond guest is doing open public signings (like Robert and Christopher both are), would a gold pass holder need to get a vq ticket?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi, I have a question to do with the relationship between diamond and gold passes.

I have seen some people on here say that a gold pass can not be used as a vq for diamond guests. I understand that if the guest is diamond ONLY then the gold pass cannot be used, but if a diamond guest is doing open public signings (like Robert and Christopher both are), would a gold pass holder need to get a vq ticket?

Thanks.

Also very interested in his this is going to work?

Yes, would there be a possibility of having a +1 for the talks or something? What if the person you're attending with hasn't bought a diamond pass?

I'm trying to find out about possible exceptions for children. But if we're talking adults: if the talk is a Diamond Pass exclusive the person you're attending with will need a Diamond Pass too. There's still a lot to do at the show without a Diamond Pass. You could just split for a bit and meet up after the talk.

• Like 1

And, if I understand correctly, a Diamond Pass does NOT include nor implies getting a meet&great with the guest, is that right? Thanks!

The ones currently announced (as I type this Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd) do not. But SM have stated the Diamond Passes can include different things. So it's not totally impossible a future Diamond Pass may include this option.

• Like 1