Really Enjoyed Today

Supernova

just wanted to add a big thank you to michael ford for taking the trouble to bring his oscars to the event,it was a really nice thought.my eyes were on stalks when i saw those,i mean,how often do you get to see those??...and he was more than happy for people to hold them,so i think i was not alone in getting a photo op of that one....that was one of the unexpected highlights of the day for me,finally getting to hold a real oscar!....will tick that off my bucket list now.....lol

thanks michael!! :(

thank you to everyone that came to the show and have posted on here how there day was , this was the first time at the studios and we will fix any issues anyone had at the next event , every new venue has little tricks we need to understand and it takes a show to get the bugs out but we do learn fast so do not worry , but thank you everyone one of you for making my dream come true and thank you for letting me run this event , i will leave a big message when we have recovered in the next few days as we are worn out after 2 months build top and then the day and night set up and then the track down .

i will go into it much more soon but then you to you the fans and everyone that has helped to make this happen i could not have dun this with out any of you , Gary and i think you all.

i will have some interesting to shear with you all in the next few days thanks everyone

jason :WAVE:

You're very welcome. And I assure you that I will be coming next year as well my feelings and views of Saturday have been all summed up in my two previous posts - to be honest I hardly noticed any of the problems there may have or not have been (although quite possibly next time we have talks someone could oil the door to the squeaky toilets lol) but I loved what you all managed to pull off so well - for me it was all about actually getting the chance to be in a place I never thought I would be but you and Gary allowed us Fangirls and Fanboys to allow that to be a reality.

IF I did have only one thing to be upset about it would be that at 18:02 I had to walk through this door here.

IMG_7909.jpg

Could have stayed in Stage 7 until the very end.

Thank you Jason, thank you :)

May The Force Be With You.

just wanted to add a big thank you to michael ford for taking the trouble to bring his oscars to the event,it was a really nice thought.my eyes were on stalks when i saw those,i mean,how often do you get to see those??...and he was more than happy for people to hold them,so i think i was not alone in getting a photo op of that one....that was one of the unexpected highlights of the day for me,finally getting to hold a real oscar!....will tick that off my bucket list now.....lol

thanks michael!! :(

Agreed :)

IMG_7856.jpg

I was very surprised when he said we could hold it - and I know that it was a Star Wars convention and he had all Star Wars/Empire pics but it was when I gave him my Raiders DVD sleeve to sign that he became very enthusiastic about his time working on it - the guy next to him said that I was the first person that day (this was around 16:58 that I saw him) who had had Raiders for Michael to sign :)

IMG_7859.jpg

I have to agree with most of the posts about the day. I enjoyed it and felt priviledged to be in Stage 7.

The archives was fantastic, lots of cool stuff that you only tend to see in a book.

Smaller than I thought it would be, but it's a start, and I know SM will iron out and tweak and issues people had this year.

My big bug bear was the 3 american guys (one had the X wing pilot hoodie) with hundreds of items that they wanted signing. They are the same 3 guys that spent a chunk of people's queueing time for Dennis Lawson at LFCC. I assume these chaps were from the rebelscum forum site and were getting other peoples stuff signed.

If they want that number of items signing, arrange it with SM and get a slot before or after the show, not during.

Like i said, it's not the first time these guys ahve done this, so please SM, can we get this practice looked at?

PPS If the guy who was wearing the x-wing pilot hoody is on the forum please tell us where you got it!!

It wasn't mine, but the top he was wearing is by Marc Geko (easy to find online) they are online for $150. Sweet I agree.

it was truly an amazing day, I was crewing and walking round with a massive grin on my face all day :WAVE:

Ditto, except I was sitting with a massive grin on my face all day

Edited by dwarfbabe

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything kingrichard but i had gotten my raiders poster signed by michael (and colin skeaping and ron punter as they also had worked on it) around lunchtime. Maybe he meant you had been the first with a raiders dvd??

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything kingrichard but i had gotten my raiders poster signed by michael (and colin skeaping and ron punter as they also had worked on it) around lunchtime. Maybe he meant you had been the first with a raiders dvd??

No bubble burst. When he said it I was rather surprised and taken aback, but I'm sure this happened with other Guests where people brought in stuff like Willy Wonka for Rusty etc.

I would say it was the Raiders DVD because when I took it out of my folder thats when the interest began as I'm sure it must have done with your poster :)

I'm just getting a chance to read some of the comments here and the show was absolutely amazing.... I would sy the best that I've ever attended. I have read a lot of negative comments as well and I'm pretty sure no one traveled further to be at is event than me. Did we have a lot of items to get done... Absolutely. I don't feel bad about that for a second, when I attend a show I do what everyone else does... I wait in line to get my stuff done whether it's two items or 80. I'm a hardcore collector and there's no way I'm going to miss someone or not get all my pieces done because people are behind me. I make no apologies for any of it. I wont allow the negative stuff to ruin my great memories of that day. And I've asked Jason before how to handle the large quantities and he just says have at it and that's what we do. I would highly recommend to not get behind me at any future shows. Btw I like to chat and meet new people as I've met a lot of great people at Jason's shows but I am there on a mission and I'm sure everyone else would be as well if they had just traveled 5000+ miles one way to be there.

I'm just getting a chance to read some of the comments here and the show was absolutely amazing.... I would sy the best that I've ever attended. I have read a lot of negative comments as well and I'm pretty sure no one traveled further to be at is event than me. Did we have a lot of items to get done... Absolutely. I don't feel bad about that for a second, when I attend a show I do what everyone else does... I wait in line to get my stuff done whether it's two items or 80. I'm a hardcore collector and there's no way I'm going to miss someone or not get all my pieces done because people are behind me. I make no apologies for any of it. I wont allow the negative stuff to ruin my great memories of that day. And I've asked Jason before how to handle the large quantities and he just says have at it and that's what we do. I would highly recommend to not get behind me at any future shows. Btw I like to chat and meet new people as I've met a lot of great people at Jason's shows but I am there on a mission and I'm sure everyone else would be as well if they had just traveled 5000+ miles one way to be there.

It's not hardcore collectors that we're referring to, it's people that have multiples of the same item, or (and I'm not saying this was you, Starwarsgrapher) people who cut in line with an item that they'd conveniently "forgotten about". It happens a lot at cons, and yes it is rude and annoying!

It's not hardcore collectors that we're referring to, it's people that have multiples of the same item, or (and I'm not saying this was you, Starwarsgrapher) people who cut in line with an item that they'd conveniently "forgotten about". It happens a lot at cons, and yes it is rude and annoying!

i understand the cutting part, that would bother me too, but you are a show where you are paying for someone's signature. it is no one business how many you have, how many of a particular shot or how many items you have. if you are paying, you get them signed. it's that simple. that's what the celebrity is there for. they are there to sign autographs. i have been going to shows of all sorts since 1981, and that's the way it's always been. if i attend a show here in the states or in england the guest is there being paid to sign. i am the attendee and there should be no qualms in paying that person to sign. i have had to wait behind many people in my life who have gotten 1, 2, 3 or 50 things signed. i just waited my turn. it happens. at this show, i stood behind another collector who asked question after question after question to a few of the camera crew guys. each time, i waited my turn. i was fine with it. it happens. i realize there are 1 and done people that attend the shows, i'm just not that guy nor are my friends. i was there to accomplish getting my items signed by these guys and i'll always do that at every show i attend.

Looked like a great day and one I would have definately gone to - had I not moved to the bottom of the world a few years back!

Would love to see some photos of the event, and also I can't see anywhere the names of the "secret" guests who were scheduled to appear.