Early Bird Tickets

Following the fiasco at a sea side town last weekend (no names mentioned), with the standard queue tickets taking hours to get through the door etc. Would it not be a good idea to reinstate the early bird ticket entry for Newcastle to help keep the volume of arrivals staggered between 9am - 11am. This is a slightly more expensive ticket but a great tool to avoid lengthy queues on the morning. SM make a little more on ticket sales and punters sail in happier with no real extra hassle to anyone. Just a thought :) Also more guests please! :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think Showmasters have shot themselves in the foot over this. Past 2 times, I've ran out and immediately bought an early bird, especially because they sell out!

This time I figured no hurry, I'll just wait till closer to the time. Now the way the guest list is planning out, it's not really high up on my events diary anymore. But if early bird tickets were on sale, I'd have bought 2 already.

• Like 3

I think Showmasters have shot themselves in the foot over this. Past 2 times, I've ran out and immediately bought an early bird, especially because they sell out!

This time I figured no hurry, I'll just wait till closer to the time. Now the way the guest list is planning out, it's not really high up on my events diary anymore. But if early bird tickets were on sale, I'd have bought 2 already.

Exactly the same as us. Six ewoks and a man that held a ladder and some Dr Who people is not tempting me to buy at all, never mind early bird. We are out of the Country until 13 Nov at USA events so I may not be at my home event at all at this rate. Early bird made you commit, even for a walk around the stalls. The thought of possibly queueing for hours in winter at 9am has put me right off. SM needs to remember that attendees that come just for photo ops have no control over their arrival time and maybe forced into a start of day queue, hence the early bird was great. Plus they are still doing them for Glasgow next year. I suspect the line up for Newcastle is so poor that they do not expect the crowds they have seen at earlier events. Very sad at how Newcastle is shaping up, two in a year is maybe too many and too close to other southern SM events. I have asked a couple of times about why the early bird was dropped and was told it would help queues! I do not see how after the bun fight at 9am on the first one, we had early bird and walked straight in at 9.30am, caught the first photo op long before the standard queue was even through the door. Thanks for agreeing with me and caring about Newcastle con.

• Like 5

Totally agree, I feel like a broken record the amount I've commented on the board about how disappointed I feel at this event. I love the event and will probably still go, but as well I haven't bought a ticket yet because there's no one announced. I've said how I understand everyone has different tastes and some may think the current list is fantastic, but I love the stalls and getting autographs on my memorabilia but this year I can't see me spending anything on signatures at all. I'd imagine when they total up their sales they will realise that there's not much attraction to this one and maybe try and make more effort to not leave us behind the rest of the events.

I wouldn't mind, I'm sure depending on commitments, they'd be able to get a few geordies to attend that are in the mainstream like Timothy Spall for example. I hadn't even thought about it being 9am opening in winter when you could be stood hours. Might have to rethink this year...

• Like 4

Closing here as this is turning into a complaining post about the guest list.

As always, guests may be announced at any time. If the guest list is not to your taste that's fine, not everyone is happy about everything. But please refrain from comments possibly insulting the guests in attendance.