Well done Crew!

Hayden Is My Hero

Can I just say what a great job the crew did at this event especially those at photo areas 1, 2 and 4!

The crew often don't get enough credit and literally they couldn't have done a better job. As a platinum pass holder I had a lot to do this weekend but it all went smoothly thanks to the great organisation from ME/SM and the crew!

• Like 6

I don't normally have a lot to do with the crew, largely because I don't usually have that many photoshoots but after having so many this weekend it gave me a close-up view of how hard these guys work. They, and everyone else involved in organising and running this weekend, both on this forum and at the event itself deserve a lot of congratulations for how it has all gone.

Edited by Count Fooku
  • Like 2

I agree, they were all really good considering the amount of people coming at them with different passes and tickets. They all did especially well on Saturday when managing the Ben stuff, particularly the 221b shoot where he wasn't screened off.

The guys managing Louise's auto queue deserve special mention!

As I was about to go in for my Mark on set shoot this afternoon I saw TooTall so I did mention to him that I thought the whole crew had done wonderfully.

Thank you guys.

• Like 2

Hear hear!!! They were all great fun, helpful and definitely made things run smoothly. I know some people are complaining about organisation etc.... but honestly, if you didn't know something, all you had to do was ask! I hope the young lady that cut her finger when she was hole punching cards at Andrew's photo shoot this morning is OK.

Yes, the guy at photo area 1 today does deserve a particular pat on the back.

• Like 2

Yes, the crew were brilliant as always. Especially on late Sunday afternoon when, instead of getting quieter, it actually got busier in certain areas, which I was not expecting at all. It was a bit crazy, but the crew did their best to keep us informed, organized and entertained. Thank you all!

• Like 2

The crew were all amazing, apart from the odd one we had nothing but polite well mannered and helpful answers from everyone!

You all do a fantastic job BUT I have to give huge thank yous to Ellie and the guy with the long hair (so sorry I didn't get your name) who helped us out so much at the queues for Louise and Una, it was all getting a little over wrought for everyone and you coped admirably and professionally and were so helpful so again big thank yous all round!!

• Like 2

I totally agree the crew at this event did really well and they all knew what they where doing and tried to keep the photo/auto lines as organized as possible throughout the entire event. Well done Crew no bad words from me as I had no issues clashes where easily sorted out although at times I did find myself with a mix of Gold when I was Platinum (even for my group shoots) but heck if I asked it might of been different so thank you you all did an amazing job and deserve a pat on the back! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Yeah we encountered a very small number of crew members who seemed to think it was ok to mix silver and weekend passes in with the gold and platinum passes due to the fact that they didn't think it was fair to keep putting us in front of the silver and weekends! Tad annoying especially if they got a bit arsey when questioned but nothing the people in the red shirts couldn't sort out quickly though 😃

• Like 2

I have to compliment the crew as well. I can only imagine how exhausted and sore-throated they must be now. I think they managed everything as best as possible even if hardly anything went straight as scheduled, in the end it all worked out fine, thanks to them. Big round of applause! On a sidenote I think Loo would make a great crewmember as well because she seemed to manage her appearances mainly herself. XD You should make her an honorary redshirt or something.

• Like 3

Wookie, wherever you may be, people love you! haha

Thank you all who have commented. All the crew did a brilliant job this weekend. No one crew member can do their job without the support of the team around them and the pit bosses to also guide them. I couldn't do what I did without them.

Also couldn't do it without the cooperation of those attending so thank you for helping us do what we do to make your days the best they can be.

• Like 5

I'd like to add to the chorus of praise for the organisation and running if the event. All the endless fears and worries on these boards in the lead up were completely dispelled - even us Platinums, who had packed schedules and clashes, got everything they wanted from the weekend, and all the crew I encountered were patient, helpful and well informed. Things were crazy at times, but never out of control. It was a huge pleasure to deal with all of you, and heartfelt thanks for making my weekend perfect!

• Like 3

Guys can I get a big "awwww" of sympathy for all the crew who were on hole punching duty yesterday and are back in the office today trying to type? haha!

All together now!

Oh my god,yes - you must all have one huge arm like Popeye's by now! Thanks for being so great, though - I heard loads of people voicing their appreciation and I told every yellow shirt I could how grateful I was.

• Like 2

Like everyone else here I think, given the size of the event, that the crew did an outstanding job. Especially since I saw several times where they were having to deal with some pretty grumpy people. There was one young lady with these fantastic red braids who was working the second stage late Sunday who was absolutely marvelous as I was close to exhaustion. She found me an aisle seat so I could sit down before I fell down and after I rested for bit and was headed out into the fray again, she checked back in with me to make sure I was okay and that I knew accommodations could be made for medical needs. I assured her it wasn't medical but just old age and SHE THANKED ME FOR BEING HONEST! That just made my day! She is the caliber of crew member I've come to expect from ME/SM. (I will admit to missing having the time to chat with more of the crew because we were all so busy)

Thanks again guys!!!

They did a great job considering the number of packages etc that were available and as a Gold Package holder whilst I was busy I was able to do everything in my package over the weekend and also make some of the talks as well, which I wasn't sure would happen before the weekend. As I recognise quite a few of them now or sometimes they recognise me now, always good to see a friendly face and have a quick chat as well.

The only two minor areas where they needed a bit more information were:

- how to find the other free signers (Danny Hargreaves and Arwel Jones), staff at Autograph Area including Pit Boss or the Info Desk didn't know this when I asked, so had to track them down myself and then went back to the info desk and auto area to let them know

- on Sunday morning there seemed to be a little confusion as to whether or not Gold Package holders needed a virtual ticket or note for auto queues, with different pit bosses giving out different information to yellow shirt crew

Bearing in mind the numbers they were dealing with and the hours they were working they did a cracking job overall.

• Like 1

The only two minor areas where they needed a bit more information were:

- how to find the other free signers (Danny Hargreaves and Arwel Jones), staff at Autograph Area including Pit Boss or the Info Desk didn't know this when I asked, so had to track them down myself and then went back to the info desk and auto area to let them know

Damn I had completely forgotten about Danny with so much to do and the fact I didn't see him around and forgot what he looked like I had no idea who he was until this event and I missed his talks hopefully I'll be able to meet him at a later date shame that his auto was free too oh well this was probably the only gripe I really had at this event

• Like 1

We tried to thank as many people and be as polite and kind as possible to all the crew members who helped us - and we really needed that help. Without our PA's for the weekend and the help of crew & volunteers I'd have been crawled in a corner whimpering to myself way before now. Okay so there was a bit of whimpering and a few crew noticed when the my face was showing more of how I was feeling than I was aware of and were lovely at me. But seriously, apart from one guy who finally ended up on the end of my autistic bluntness because I couldn't take any more I've never come across a happier, kinder, more organised and switched on bunch of crew. That half of them were volunteers is amazing to me. Thank you for helping me have moments I will never forget as long I as I live.

• Like 1