General Feedback

DavidB

1) The list of events, times and locations should have been emailed to all attendees prior to the event. We didnt user the forum until the day we arrived and were lucky to spot it. There was more effort but into telling us about "booking your seat for the day" than wtf we'd be doing!

It was on the forums a few days before, and you always get one in your registration packs. So as long as you know what time the reg desk opens i dont really think theres any need for it before.

2) The guy hosting the Q&A's - yes yes, he's the main guy and yes yes, he's important, but also - he's not very good at it. "Aaaaaaaaaanymore questions?" Way to make it obvious there arent many lined up, make the guests and the attendees feel awkward. He could have easily just pretended he had loads of them lined up from earlier submitted questions. Next year, get someone better.

He's perfectly fine at it, he does all the Q&A's at every ME events con iv been too and he's perfectly good at what he does - not his fault if there werent that many questions submitted :blush:

4) There wasnt much to do during the day - once you had your photo and autograph, (not taking into account the fact that we pretty much got it all done on day one - very efficent layout etc, well done on that), there was NOTHING else to do besides go to the merch room or video room (which were awesome). Some suggestions: quizzes, games, fan interactions with each other, group chats... there is TONs of other stuff we could have done.

Gotto agree with Fanggirl here, never stopped wither. Didnt even have time to participate in the quiz on the Sunday.

5) Too show-centric, no book talk. I know, that from a marketing point of view, most people ONLY want the stars. But at the end of the day, it's a book too. It would have been fun to have some chat based on that, or maybe drawing on the above event suggestions, some writers forums or opinions. This would also help people get to know each other, especially good for people who come on their own / are in a small group / want to get away from the crazies.

Gotto agree here, having read the books id have probs liked to have asked the guest questions about where they're characters are headed AND discusing season 3 would have been better!

But hey, i guess legally in the UK we should only be upto S2 :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic