Andrew Scott

PrehistoricCat

I adored this guy... his individual talk on Saturday showed him to be a very articulate and charming young man and my experience with him one to one for the autograph was wonderful. Despite being pushed for time as he had to go for his photo shoot, he was still happy to chat to me... quite an interesting chat about the anonymity of the internet and how it makes people feel they can be ruder and more abusive just because they can hide behind a computer screen. I told him that I call them "Keyboard heroes", a phrase he loved ;)

He was also lovely in his photo shoot on Sunday morning, greeting everyone with a smile and a "Hi" or "good morning" and giving lovely hugs. I adore my photo with him :) I've been reading some fabulous stories about him being very concerned about a couple of people, calling someone back who started to cry, stopping the shoot and giving them a proper hug and made sure they were Ok before letting them leave.

The talk with Mark Gatiss on Sunday morning was hilarious. Both were obviously a little tired, and were going off at some random tangents and providing some very silly answers (Can you imagine Moriarty with a Taylor Swift ringtone? LOL)

What a great guy and I have even more respect for him as a result of this weekend. He said this was the first Con he's done and I said that he needs to do more. I hope he does because I would go purely to see him.

• Like 4

He was amazing and so sweet and kind to everyone, told me at my photoshoot that I was "looking pretty in pink" and we had a good old chat in the autos about Pride and getting the welsh accent right! He was so lovely and along with Rupert my favourite guests of the whole weekend, Benedict who!??? 😃

I agree. I missed his Saturday talk but say Sunday's and abslolutely loved him. I'm telling everyone who's asked me how my weeked went that he really is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I'd be happy to keep going back to see him simply because of that.

In my photo he's pulling a bit of a face which I like - I'm usually fairly stoic in photo's as I think I look a bit gormless when I grin and can never think of a pose to ask them for so it was nice that his was a bit different.

Edited by Raylenth

It's a series of adverts currently on the Underground in London for a weight loss company. It's a picture of a very thin lady in a bikini with the words "are you beach body ready2 behind her.

It's causing a bit of controversy at the moment as it's implying you shouldn't be on the beach of you aren't stick thin.......

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/icymi/unpopular-opinion--those--are-you-beach-body-ready--ads-are-not-that-bad-133523807.html

I've added the link to one of the articles on Yahoo although there are others, so that you can see a picture of the advert.

Edited by Raylenth

I had a giggling fit on the tube earlier when I started my trip home and saw an advert there (some diet drink it was I think) with the phrase "are you beach body ready". XD Someone had scribbled "everybody is" underneath. I might have attracted a few puzzled looks.

It's a common phrase used by the press or advertising to promote their new diets or new hair removal products or tanning products etc.

There is a diet advertising poster on the trains at the moment, I took a picture on the train home from the event. There's a lot of controversy about it http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11565200/Protein-World-beach-body-ready-ad-vandalised-by-women-for-body-shaming.html

I had a giggling fit on the tube earlier when I started my trip home and saw an advert there (some diet drink it was I think) with the phrase "are you beach body ready". XD Someone had scribbled "everybody is" underneath. I might have attracted a few puzzled looks.

I saw one of the ads on the tube home and tweeted it to Mark. I didnt realise at that point that there was so much press about this campaign.

Thanks. God, there was something with a beach in the discussion... My memory lets me down too... Should have been a bad girl and record the sound... I have the impression I don't remember anything from the talks... :crying:

Reading comments like this makes me so happy. I've been a fan of Andrew ever since I started watching Sherlock, which was January last year. I've met him a few times since then, and it's now gotten to the point where he knows my name and refers to me as his 'pal/friend'. He is genuinely one of the sweetest and loveliest guys I have ever met and I couldn't be happier to read people agree with that. <3

Edited by ieeerr

Due to clashes with photoshoots and the like, I missed all the Andrew Scott talks on stage. As such, I'd like to suggest a make-up convention for those of us who missed them. Or you could just send him round to my house to re-enact the highlights for me. (He could bring Rupert, Lars and Jonathan with him if he'd like.)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more! Andrew was absolutely amazing and he was the highlight of my awesome weekend at Sherlocked ... as well as the sets and set photos. I hope that Showmasters and Massive Events will invite him to more cons :smile: