Daredevil

Zahariel

So Daredevil debuted at 8am BST this morning - 3 episodes in and I was wondering what everyone's reactions to it were?

Not sure what I expected but it's caught me so far, very gritty and intreaguing. Love the small MCU references tieing it in and Elden Henson is stealing the show as Foggy for me.

• Like 1

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Just finished it and absolutely loved it! It's the darkest thing the Marvel Cinematic Universe has done and it worked really well. 1000 times better than the Affleck version. I loved Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin. He gave the role a real Orson Welles feel, which was perfect. Loads of Marvel easter eggs throughout the whole season, including references to the Battle of New York from the Avengers Movie through to Iron Fit's dragon symbol on the drugs. My only real upset was the death of Ben Urich as the Frontline comics are one of my favourite parts of the Marvel Civil War comics. It would have been great to have him feature in the upcoming film version.

I can't wait for the next season and for the upcoming Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist series that will lead to a Defenders mini series soon as well. Exciting times for Marvel fans!

I don't know if there will be a 2nd season though - They're just shooting AKA Jessica Jones now and still have to get through Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders before they are really get back around to Daredevil again... So if they do 2 shows a year that won't be till the end of 2017, 2.5 years after the 1st season.

They can't really do a 2nd season straight after Jessica jones, followed by a 3rd for Daredevil, 2nd for AKA after Luke Cage and so on... I think that this is a one time thing. Hopefully not, cause I loved it but 4 new shows running simultaneously, 2 Agents of shield and 3 movies a year... that would be overkill.

Looks like was wrong. No plans for a season 2 yet(I was sure I had read there was, but hey!), but I'm pretty sure there will be with such a strong Season 1.

And if it's making them money I don't think TV and film producers know the meaning of 'overkill'! Just look at the Transformer movies! 😉

Edited by Wrong Name

• 2 weeks later...