LUNCH WITH A GUEST

At a lot events you can have dinner with the guests i.e. autographica, so maybe next year there could be someway of having lunch with the guests. This would only be for a small number of attendees but could be done by selling an extra ticket just for the lunch or for diamond pass guests it could be done by ballot. We all moan about not having enough time with the guests and this could be a solution.

• Like 4

Honestly I can't see the guest going for this unless their signing and photo times are reduced to do so. Lunch is a time that they get to have a break and I'm sure the last thing they would want is to spend it with more fans asking questions, taking pictures or asking for more autographs. From a fans point of view it's a nice idea, but as I say, I really doubt any guests would go for it.

• Like 10

At a lot events you can have dinner with the guests i.e. autographica, so maybe next year there could be someway of having lunch with the guests. This would only be for a small number of attendees but could be done by selling an extra ticket just for the lunch or for diamond pass guests it could be done by ballot. We all moan about not having enough time with the guests and this could be a solution.

or dinner might be a better option.

i was thinking of asking if a "chill out" ticket would be possible, a group meet up w/ a guest an hour or so after closing (so we all have a chance for a shower and change!) - it'd be great just to chill and chat, ask questions and hear stories etc. i had a bit chat w/ Jodi but Bill was signing like a machine and we were hurried along w/ unseemely haste by the handlers so i barely got to say thanks. bit disappointing given the distance i travelled and the £45 per siggy. even his talk was only 45ish mins, man i could pick his brains etc for hours.

• Like 1

While a fun idea in theory I think it would be a bit overwhelming for the guest.

probably depend on the guest. Some like Chris Lloyd are shy and probably wouldn't like it, others like JLOK seem very outgoing and would probably enjoy it.

speaking of her i read that she's only done one other con, not sure if that's accurate but if so it makes her appearance here even more special.

Honestly - I can't see this happening at events like LFCC / Collectormania.

Give the guys a break for a while, let them switch off and refresh for the afternoon! (besides, we crew also need a few moments to switch off...)

Although it's a great idea and I'd love it, leave it for the specific weekend events that have time to plan all those type of events in.

There are other events, that I won't name, that have what's called a 'coffee lounge' where the guest and 20 attendees have a room to themselves for a quiet time chat kinda thing. It lasts 30mins and costs £20. Obviously done on first come first served and once it's sold, that's it, no moaning about missing out. So, quite an intimate time with the guest and the guest that my mate had his lounge with really enjoyed it and preferred it to any of the other guest activities over the weekend.

Also, the seats are set out in a circle, less formal than a Q&A with the guest facing the attendees.

Edited by D4vem88

I think SM did something similar for Destination Star Trek. I'm sure the most expensive pass (It cost £2999), included breakfast or lunch with one of the main guests. They also had a very limited supply.

I don't think I'd like that to happen. As mentioned, it would cut into the guest's time for other activities such as signing and photos. Also, the cost is prohibitive.