Public transport

Take Piccadilly line direct from St Pancreas to Earl's Court on the tube. From there you can either walk (15-20mins) or take a District line tube to Kensington Olympia.

• Like 1

You won't be able to get directly to Olympia on the underground as it's on a branch line that only operates at the weekend. You can either get off at a nearby station and walk/look at buses or Olympia is also serviced by an overground station. If you go onto National Rail/tfl websites and use the journey planner it will let you know your options.

Sometimes it operates when events are on.

If it's not, district line to West Brompton then overground to Olympia would be the alternative.

Ahhhh OK, I can check again nearer the time but when I was using the route planner during the week it wasn't coming up as an option so I assume it's not running on Friday.

You could also take the Picadilly Line from St. Pancras until Hammersmith station ( which is a direct connection ) , and from there it´s only half a mile to walk then, which is really easy from that station because you just go straight down Hammersmith road.

Edited by timlux
  • Like 1

And of course those who are coming from the South change at Clapham Junction and get the Over Ground to Kensington Olympia

How long would that take?

Following Murph's information about the C1 bus further up this post, I had a look online and saw it goes from Victoria Coach Station to Olympia. So I was toying with the idea of going to Victoria from Brighton and then going by bus.

London Underground website has a Journey Planner.

Will suggest the best routes.

I'm staying near Kenton and the earliest I can get to Olympia via Overground is about 6.20am Friday and Saturday, and 7.30am on Sunday.

Could go earlier on buses but they're way too early and take about an hour and a half.

• Like 1

I'm taking the Clapham Junction to Olympia route, looks pretty quick. I'll have a total of about an hour and 20 minute journey from where I am.

And of course those who are coming from the South change at Clapham Junction and get the Over Ground to Kensington Olympia

Following Murph's information about the C1 bus further up this post, I had a look online and saw it goes from Victoria Coach Station to Olympia. So I was toying with the idea of going to Victoria from Brighton and then going by bus.

Usually takes 10 minutes - Though from Brighton I would recommend going direct to Clapham junction and then overground to Olympia as buses can be victim to the traffic.

Edited by Zahariel

We're staying next to Kings Cross but we're getting the overground from Euston to the Olympia. It worked very well last year and we like sticking by routes we know work. We're not planning to arrive early though as none of our photoshoots are early. We'll probably be leaving our hotel at about 9 or even 10am but I imagine the route would work early in the morning too :)

If anyone has a phone that uses apps, download 'citymapper' as it gives live info on the tubes and buses in the moment, as well as various multiple routes from your current location (or station etc). You can also use it offline if you save your routes. Definitely worth looking into, I live by it!

Looks like someone has beaten me to it lol how ever just to confirm as I'm kinda coming from your way to :whistling:

As your using the Train from Brighton to Victoria you have to go through Clapham Junction by getting out there and catching a Over Ground train will save you so much time and effort ! It should only take about 10/15 mins so a LOT quicker than Bus :smile: Although I will just state that depending on what time your planning to travel you ' May ' have to wait a little while for the train to Olympia so its worth checking out Southern's website for the times etc. I'm lucky in a way as the train I'm catching I will have a approx. 10 minute wait at Clapham more than enough time to grab a coffee and go to the relevant platform etc.

If I remember rightly from last year I think, although please don't quote me and please CHECK YOURSELF ! lol , that the Over Ground train leaves from Platform 1 ( or it could be 2 ) how ever if your not familiar with Clapham don't panic as there are plenty of signs saying what train leaves what platform at the end of the platform exit/entrance.

I'm also coming up from the same area, I travel from Lewes. And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never even thought of changing at Clapham!! I feel like an idiot now, I've always gone to Victoria and then got the District, I could probably have been saving myself 20 minutes of travelling!