Frequently Asked Questions

• Moderators

What is Destination Star Trek?

Destination Star Trek is an official Star Trek event, licensed by CBS Consumer Products. It will take the best elements of a convention and signing event to create a bit of something in-between. If you have never been to an event of this kind before, it will be a weekend of Star Trek celebration, with like minded fans all intent on having a good time.

Where have previous Destination Star Trek's been held?

2014 (October) - Destination Star Trek 3 - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

2014 (February) - Destination Star Trek Germany - Frankfurt, Germany - Messe Frankfurt

2012 (October) - Destination Star Trek London - London, United Kingdom - ExCel, London

Where is this year's Destination Star Trek being held?

2016 (October) - Destination Star Trek Europe - Birmingham, United Kingdom - NEC, Birmingham

Attending a Star Trek Convention...

Fan conventions are fun, and people are genuinely there to have a good time. If you love Star Trek then you already have something in common with pretty much everyone else who will be attending.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have purchased a ticket or tickets, when will they arrive?

Tickets will be sent to you via email shortly after you have ordered once payment has been confirmed, your tickets will be attached to this email. Please ensure you enter your email correctly as this is the only means by which you will recieve your ticket. Print the tickets at home or at a library/friends house and bring this with you on the day to exchange for physical pass or to be scanned for entry depending on your ticket type.

All ticket print outs/vouchers will have a unique bar code which will be scanned at all access points in and around the event and once your ticket has been scanned once, trying to access the same feature with a duplicated tickets will not work.

How can I pay for my order?

We only take payments by credit or debit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Electron, Switch and Solo, Cirrus and Maestro cards. We regret that we do not accept American Express, Diners Club/Discover, JCB or CUP cards - if you have any queries please contact our ticket provider Eventbrite who can assist you further.

How can I UPGRADE my tickets?

If you find yourself needing to UPGRADE your tickets this will be possible soon, all you will need to do is log into your Eventbrite account and you will see an option to upgrade tickets, follow the on screen prompts. If you do not see this option, simply contact us via email or our social platforms and we will let you know when this option is due to be available.

I really want to meet a particular guest! Will I get a chance?

We have to be realistic and manage expectations, we usually attract a lot of people to our events and an actor's time can only be spread so far. However, booking a photo shoot in advance is the best chance you will get. Buying an event ticket that includes additional opportunities is another good option too.

Will more guests be added?

The guest list will continue to grow from the launch, we will let people know when the full line has been announced but depending on how well ticket sales go we could always add more up to the open of the event, so watch this space.

Why isn't a particular guest coming?

Guests are invited using a carefully considered guest plan - we cannot invite everybody and in some cases guests may already be busy with other work commitments and therefore unable to attend. Keep checking the guest pages and the latest news section where guests are announced when they sign up to our events.

How much time do I get to meet a guest in the Autographs or Photo Sessions?

Not very long. Do not expect the opportunity for a leisurely chat. With autographs, some guests will be busier than others so please be considerate of other attendees when you do get to the front of the queue. Take only as much time as you need to get your autograph, do not keep talking to a guest if they have moved onto the next person in line as you are then intruding on their time with that guest.

In photo sessions we cannot stress enough that you will be quickly moved through a line due to time constraints and enabling everyone who wants a photo to get one.

What is Virtual Queuing for Autographs on the day?

Virtual queuing is an essential part of ensuring you do not spend your precious time at the event in never ending queues. For the guests in most demand you will simply collect a ticket at the beginning of the day from a crew member in that guests auto area, and this will be your queue number, any time after your number has been called later in the day you may join the queue, this also makes sure that we can both manage numbers and demand on the day.

Can I pick what Autographs and Photo shoots I get in my package?

The DST Team have been working very hard to find a way to give you the most flexibility and choice when it comes to autographs, photo shoots and talks.

Autographs and Photo shoots: At the time of purchasing a package ticket that includes autos and photos you will be asked to choose either a group number for autographs and a group letter for photo shoots. When guests are announced we will be revealing which group they are in for both options, so you are fully aware of which guests you will be getting. This ensures that if you are buying a package ticket with friends or family, you can have different sets of autographs or photoshoots, or if you chose the same group letters/numbers, you can have the same (especially good for photo shoots). Once you have chosen your group letter or number at booking it is not possible to change at a later date, so choose wisely according to your circumstances.

Talks: As with Autographs and Photo shoots you will be given the option to choose a number at the time of purchasing a package ticket this includes talks. Talks however will not be confirmed until much closer to the event, so please bare with us to find out which talks you will be getting in your group prior to the event.

When will Talk Tickets be available to buy?

Talk tickets will be available to buy from early Summer, we will confirm closer to the time exactly when, please look out for notices via email and/or social media and this website!

Do I need a ticket for the free talks?

No tickets necessary, the Voyager and Excelsior stages offer free talks all weekend. Package holders please be aware that reserved seating in these 2 stages is on a first come first serve basis prior to the talk starting ONLY so wed recommend carefully planning your day - as these seats will be filled shortly before a talk if they are not claimed.

Me and my friends have talks included in our packages and want to attend the same talks, is this possible?

Yes, at the time of purchasing simply select the same group letter and you will recieve the same talk tickets.

Will tickets run out before I can buy them?

Destination Star Trek events are very popular therefore it is recommended that you book your entry ticket early to avoid disappointment, some talks and photo shoots will be more popular than others but we will give fair warning via social media and this website if anything is running low due to demand.

How does the priority seating work?

Package holders get priority seating. The higher your rank, the closer to the stage you are. We recommend you are in the queue for your ticket rank for a talk prior to the hall loading, to give yourself the best chance to take advantage of priority seating as once your rank has been seated we can only offer you the next best available seats, so don't miss out!

With our free content stages (Voyager and Excelsior) the priority seating area is strictly on a first come first serve basis and is limited in numbers, this will be managed by the crew at their discretion and their word will be final.

The main hall will be emptied after every talk. The priority seating in the free stages will be managed by the crew and cleared if needed between talks - ticket holders with priorty seating will be able to remain in their seats between talks at the crew's discretion, but any non-ticket holders who were given the option to sit in these seats to fill space will be asked to move once the talk has finished.

We do politely ask that seats in the free seating theatres are NOT HELD for friends/family between or during talks. Crew will ask you to remove bags/coats from empty seats if they beleive a seat is being held for longer than the time it takes to get food or have a bathroom break - please be mindful of fellow attendees who may wish to have a seat for the next talk.

I have a question about my ticket booking?

If you have any questions or queries regarding your actual booking or payment and you have your booking reference ready to quote please contact Eventbrite who will be able to assist

If I buy my tickets now, can I buy extras like Photo shoots and Talks later?

Yes, simply follow the links to buy tickets and proceed with purchasing individual photo shoots and talk tickets as and when they go on sale.

I know I can't attend the event, can you pre-order autographs?

If you know that you will be unable to attend the event but are desperate for one of our guests autographs we will be able to assist - details will be posted soon to this website regarding our pre-order service. The pre-order service is only available to those not attending the event, members of the pre-order team will secure your autograph over the weekend and post it to you soon after the event has ended. Full details for costs and postage will be availble when launched.

Autographs can not be purchased in advanced for visitors, and are only available to buy on the day once you are in the queue for that guest - Due to the nature of autographs, this is the best guarantee that you will get what you pay for, and avoid disappointment.

What is your Disability Policy?

The NEC is fully accessible with medical teams available. If you require assistance at the event and are registered disabled you are permitted to bring one carer with you. Please email: extrahelp@destinationstartrek.com if you need more information. Please be aware the event has flash photography. If you have any specific needs, please contact us direct.

Please note; disabled parking bays and access to wheelchairs from the venue are limited and only available on a first come first served basis. You can contact the venue via this link which also contans information for disabled visitors.

I have waited a long time to meet a particular guest. How do I get the time I want to ask them a question?

The best time to ask our guests a question is during a talk when they are on stage. You can either step up to the microphone to ask a question yourself or submit a question to be asked on your behalf. Please be aware that with an event such as this, many of our other attendees wish to ask our guests questions too, so please be patient as we make our way round. While we try to allow all our visitors the opportunity to ask their questions, the talks are limited by time which will impact the amount of questions we get to ask the guest so if somebody else asks the question you was going to ask, please try and think of another question to ask.

Please also be considerate of fellow attendees and do not ask for anything personal to you during a talk such as a hug or birthday wishes, whilst this is a great experience for you, and you alone, it's not considered an appropriate use of the limited time with that guest whilst they are on stage that the entire audience are there to enjoy.

I'm dressing up and want to bring a weapon as part of my costume; is this allowed?

To a degree this is allowed. We want to be fairly relaxed about costume weaponry but we do ask that you employ a good dose of common sense if you do decide to bring anything - keep it wrapped/boxed/safe during transit and ensure it won't be a danger to others should you find yourself in a crowded part of the hall. Weapons that raise concern will be screened by security who will check it further any may deem it too dangerous to be taken into the event.

METAL WEAPON REPLICAS are NOT permitted at the event.

Is there a cloakroom on site for leaving bags/coats?

Yes! Destination Star Trek venues will have cloakroom facilities available on site - check the NEC website for more details

What sort of photo will I receive at my photoshoot

At each of our photoshoots you will receive a 6" x 9" photo. This will be available for you to collect from the photo area as soon as your photoshoot has finished. So no need to wait. Don't forget to bring something with you on the day to keep your photos and/or autographs safe during transit - a plastic folder or hardback book are the best options.

Some Simple Do's and Don'ts to consider before attending

Plan ahead - don't miss anything, make sure you check schedules and timetables once available and decide what you want to do in advance, purchase your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment and ensure you understand and are aware of what your ticket entitles you to prior to the event. If you do have any issues with clashes or attendance please do talk to a member of crew once you are at the event and prior to the activity - it is a lot easier for us to resolve these issues on the day than after the event, and we will do everything in our power to assist.

Be prepared - expect to spend the majority of your day on site at the event, wear sensible shoes, comfortable clothes, etc.

Bring something to put autographs and photos in - these are precious items that will hold memories of your time at the event, bring a suitable hard back folder or envelope in order to get them home safely.

Remember to eat - it's easy to forget with so much going on but try and make sure you always have drink or snacks with you.

Food - there are quite a few options on site for food but try to organise your time around your schedule and avoid busy times so you can eat without the stress, and more importantly have a better chance at a seat!

Ask Questions - if you don't understand something or need to ask a question then crew are on hand to help, make use of them as they are purely there to help you!

I dont suppose any of the mods know.

At the last DST. We had to buy chips for autographs at a kiosk type thing. Then you'd hand these over at the autogtaph table, so no money was handed over at the actual autograph table.

Is this going to be the same this time?

Edited by RatedRVD
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I dont suppose any of the mods know.

At the last DST. We had to buy chips for autographs at a kiosk type thing. Then you'd hand these over at the autogtaph table, so no money was handed over at the actual autograph table.

Is this going to be the same this time?

No, the autograph token system will NOT be in use at this event.

• Like 1

Could anyone tell me if you get the captains package how do you know what group to choose we don't know who's in what and who else is attending don't want to take a gamble and find later I picked a group with no one I wanted to meet .

Thanks

As far as I know group assignments will be announced in advance. I imagine they are not up yet for the same reasons the autograph prices are delayed. But I will get this confirmed.

Thanks for enquiringly can not book tickets yet as the choices are mandatory don't want to put any choice down as it states you can't change your choice later bit awkward when wanting to buy tickets.

Thanks for looking into.

Okay, the intention is that the autograph groups will be announced once the final line up is complete - approximately 4 to 8 weeks before the show.

Will the guests have FREE photos with them, available for attendees who don't have an item to autograph with them like at Glasgow Film & Comic Con or; will it be like at Destination Star Trek London & Destination Star Trek 3 where attendees were forced to purchase photos.

This doesn't answer the question on captains ticket you have to make a choice now at time of purchase and can not change later if groups are not known it is just a lucky gues at what group to pick I know they will announce the groups later but you have to make the choice now with no information surly a better idea would be to choose the groups you want when they are made public like they did last time at dustless 2014 still can't buy package tickets without proper info.

Will the guests have FREE photos with them, available for attendees who don't have an item to autograph with them like at Glasgow Film & Comic Con or; will it be like at Destination Star Trek London & Destination Star Trek 3 where attendees were forced to purchase photos.

I will check. As you had to purchase photos at the last two I imagine it will be the same again.

This doesn't answer the question on captains ticket you have to make a choice now at time of purchase and can not change later if groups are not known it is just a lucky gues at what group to pick I know they will announce the groups later but you have to make the choice now with no information surly a better idea would be to choose the groups you want when they are made public like they did last time at dustless 2014 still can't buy package tickets without proper info.

Sorry, but this is all I can tell you. The groups will be revealed, but not until 4 to 8 weeks out. I can't remember how it was in Frankfurt, but at least at the London shows you did not find out until you received your tickets either.

I will check. As you had to purchase photos at the last two I imagine it will be the same again.

Sorry, but this is all I can tell you. The groups will be revealed, but not until 4 to 8 weeks out. I can't remember how it was in Frankfurt, but at least at the London shows you did not find out until you received your tickets either.

The excell captain ticket package asked you to choose by email when the groups were revealed this seems just a lucky dip for 1800 pounds .

The excell captain ticket package asked you to choose by email when the groups were revealed this seems just a lucky dip for 1800 pounds .

It was the same for the Commander package too for DST3 where you were asked to choose later in the year by email.

Thank you for correcting me. We had so many questions for the Destination events, my memory has apparently failed me.

Old age my dear. Welcome to the club! :clap:

Next year is the 15th anniversary of me going "I am too old for this."

Help just bought two tickets but only one came through what do you have to do is there a number I can ring.

It's e-tickets. You should have several pages worth of tickets in one e-mail.

• Like 1

There is only one ticket attached been trying to access more just says 1 ticket 900 pounds down help can't talk to event rite they just say look on line on there phone line I placed two orders on line help who can help very worrying should have known wouldn't go smooth.

I am not sure if I am understanding correctly. Did you order both tickets in one go or is this separate orders we are talking about? If everything was on one order you would only have received one e-mail unless something is wrong with the system and nobody noticed the error yet.

Thank you for correcting me. We had so many questions for the Destination events, my memory has apparently failed me.

Old age my dear. Welcome to the club! :clap:

Next year is the 15th anniversary of me going "I am too old for this."

And yet you are a mere babe in arms. You youngsters

Edited by CHAPPiE13

There is only one ticket attached been trying to access more just says 1 ticket 900 pounds down help can't talk to event rite they just say look on line on there phone line I placed two orders on line help who can help very worrying should have known wouldn't go smooth.

I really wouldn't worried too much I've had similar things happen with e tickets and it always gets resolved.

With mine I emailed them and they resent the email but this time the 2 tickets were attached

Thanks for reassurance I did order both on same order only one sent through tried everything on line to resolve but only one ticket on email can't seem to talk to a human at eventbrite. Hope someone can help in morning or will have to talk to credit card company to stop payment.

Thanks for reassurance I did order both on same order only one sent through tried everything on line to resolve but only one ticket on email can't seem to talk to a human at eventbrite. Hope someone can help in morning or will have to talk to credit card company to stop payment.

The most likely reason for not being able to talk to a human is because you are calling outside of Office hours. Please try again this morning, I am sure they will sort you out.

Does your overview give one or both tickets?

EDIT: If Eventbrite are saying they can't help please contact shop@showmastersevents.com

Edited by Queen_Sindel