Suggestions for future events and guest requests!

RayBan

Hi there.

This thread isn't made with a view to complain, as I had a fantastic time at the event and will almost definately be attending the next one, pending there being some guests I'm interested in visiting.

I would however like to provide just a little feedback, nothing overly negative, just a couple of things which might have made the day a little easier!

1. At no point did I have any idea what was going on :dance: . I had no idea where the photoshoots were, I had no idea where to get virtual tickets, I had no idea whether the main desk was in fact the main desk or a cloakroom. It would have been much easier if there had been a couple of signs up etc. At one point I tink I asked one of Leslie Nielsen's entourage a question thinking they were staff. As it was my first time I anticipate the next event will make more sense to me, but I didn't have the foggiest about what was going on!

2. This is definintely not a subliminal message requesting future guests.

3. This is. Neil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil

Hi there.

This thread isn't made with a view to complain, as I had a fantastic time at the event and will almost definately be attending the next one, pending there being some guests I'm interested in visiting.

I would however like to provide just a little feedback, nothing overly negative, just a couple of things which might have made the day a little easier!

1. At no point did I have any idea what was going on :blush: . I had no idea where the photoshoots were, I had no idea where to get virtual tickets, I had no idea whether the main desk was in fact the main desk or a cloakroom. It would have been much easier if there had been a couple of signs up etc. At one point I tink I asked one of Leslie Nielsen's entourage a question thinking they were staff. As it was my first time I anticipate the next event will make more sense to me, but I didn't have the foggiest about what was going on!

2. This is definintely not a subliminal message requesting future guests.

3. This is. Neil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil ArmstrongNeil

With time you will soon be able to spot who the crew members are. They're always so helpful and polite and nothing is ever a problem for them.

PS glad you enjoyed your first event - you will be hooked now lol

Edited by keithporter23

Yeah you get used to it after a few visits and then it becomes apparent how well run the show is.

And as said above, the staff really are the most friendly and helpful people.

And I agree about all the suggestions above. I was just thinking of Robert Ballard today. Now that we've lost the great Millvina Dean it would be good to still have someone Titanic related at a future show and he would be excellent. A talk by him would be fascinating too. His book about discovering Titanic is a great read. Love to get it signed in person.

Edited by spocks-brain

I like the sound of an Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins but in reality I think people would struggle to afford the autographs. You're potentially looking at £400 for three autographs?

I think that if those three were at a show, there would have to be some compromise on thei behalf in terms of the amount charged per autograph. I speculate (and I say again speculate) that the reason many astronauts charge so much is that as soon as they've signed something the value blows through the roof. Personally if I got their autograph I'd never want to get rid of it.

Anyway, as far as I've been able to tell from both people on here and people I talked to on Saturday, Armstrong really is the head honcho.

Showmasters you have your target, now go get him!

Anyway, as far as I've been able to tell from both people on here and people I talked to on Saturday, Armstrong really is the head honcho.

Showmasters you have your target, now go get him!

Will *never* happen. In any case, you'd be surprised at what people would pay for Armstrong. If he charged £500 an autograph, he'd still have a queue a mile long.

Sadly Armstrong at an event like Autographica is never going to happen and Collins is almost as unlikely. Dave, Jason and Paul are miracle workers but I suspect even they have their limits!

Lovell and Cernan to go with Edgar Mitchell and some Cosmonauts would do me nicely!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly Armstrong at an event like Autographica is never going to happen and Collins is almost as unlikely. Dave, Jason and Paul are miracle workers but I suspect even they have their limits!

Lovell and Cernan to go with Edgar Mitchell and some Cosmonauts would do me nicely!

Yes, I agree entirely with your suggestions. Now that Glynn Lunney is announced, might Gene Kranz be persuaded to fill out the Apollo XIII team. Also, could we have a return visit from Helen Sharman.

Neil stopped signing autographs in 1994. Unless there's something utterly drastic happen there is no chance whatsoever of him appearing at ANY show, anywhere. I suspect if he did break his rule and appear his charge would have to be a grand at least, just to keep the queue manageable. Mike Collins seems a very reluctant signer and I think he only ever did one show in the USA, and that was as a favour to somebody apparently. Buzz does sign but his fee starts at about £250, with it going up to £500+ if its an Apollo 11 completion.

Personally speaking I'd like to see some of the guys who haven't been for a while - Al Bean, Walt Cunningham, Dick Gordon, Rusty Schweikart, Gene Cernan, along with some who've never been - Frank Bormann, Harrison Schmitt, Ken Mattingly etc.

Neil stopped signing autographs in 1994. Unless there's something utterly drastic happen there is no chance whatsoever of him appearing at ANY show, anywhere. I suspect if he did break his rule and appear his charge would have to be a grand at least, just to keep the queue manageable. Mike Collins seems a very reluctant signer and I think he only ever did one show in the USA, and that was as a favour to somebody apparently. Buzz does sign but his fee starts at about £250, with it going up to £500+ if its an Apollo 11 completion.

Personally speaking I'd like to see some of the guys who haven't been for a while - Al Bean, Walt Cunningham, Dick Gordon, Rusty Schweikart, Gene Cernan, along with some who've never been - Frank Bormann, Harrison Schmitt, Ken Mattingly etc.

I agree with your last paragraph. When did we last have Walt Cunningham over? Rusty hasn't been for quite a while. Then, of course, there are the 'never have beens' !