Lectures photoshoots signings and tickets

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

Thought i would give you all the heads up on how the logistics will work at the show.

Firstly to obtain any signature from our guest signers you will need to show your entry ticket.

Anyone who does not have a valid ticket will not be able to obtain any signatures.

Secondly the same applies to anyone who has a ticket for a photoshoot or lecture will not get in to those areas without a valid entrance ticket.

So if you have purchased any lecture or photoshoot tickets you will also need a valid entrance ticket.

This policy will be strictly enforced so please make sure you have your entrance ticket before you enter the show.

All sat and sun tickets will be sent out approx one week before the event.

All VIP tickets and packs are picked up on friday night at the drinks reception.

All dinner ticket holders are placed on the master dinner list held by myself and do not need a physical ticket.

All photoshoot and lecture tickets are picked up at the entrance to the show.

Dinner places are allocated in the following manner.

VIP ticket holders first

Standard dinner ticket holders allocated in date of booking order.

So the earlier you book the better chance you have of a really good seat.

Finally the tickets have all changed this year and you will not be issued with a wristband.

So please keep your ticket with you at all times whilst in the show area.

Dave Phillips

Cheers Dave.

I live in Ireland & so I don't think my tickets for Entry to the show for Sat & Sun will be mailed out to me as they weren't last year.

So If I show my printed receipts at the door will I be able to pick up my entry tickets at the door? :smile:

Dave,

It sounds as though you seem there are people sneeking in the main entrance without paying?

As I'm puzzled why you have to show your ticket each time you get an autograph. Surely you show the ticket at the door and only let people in with tickets?

If we are having to show our ticket each time - then why move away from the armband? If you must show a ticket - lifting a sleeve is far easier than digging out a ticket each time.

Just out of interest, is there any confirmation as to which Astronauts will be doing talks yet?

Only reason for asking is I'd like to book my train tickets but I want to hold off until I have an idea what the timetable is likely to be, if memory serves Charlie Duke did a talk on the Sunday lunchtime when he appeared which normally would be about the time I'd be leaving, wouldn't want to miss something like that for the sake of catching a later train!

As a student myself, i haven't bought any tickets yet and i like to meet leslie Nielsen and other stars, i was planning to save up the money until the weekend of the event, is it ok for me to drive to the hotel and buy the tickets of the entrance and to meet leslie and his signature on the day (like i did last year in Collectormania London) or do i have to buy both online only?

Edited by dmmcscarface

As a student myself, i haven't bought any tickets yet and i like to meet leslie Nielsen and other stars, i was planning to save up the money until the weekend of the event, is it ok for me to drive to the hotel and buy the tickets of the entrance and to meet leslie and his signature on the day (like i did last year in Collectormania London) or do i have to buy both online only?

Yes, you can buy entry tickets on the day.

Leslie is going to be quite busy though, so you may have to wait a bit to see him. If you were at Collectormania London you are familiar with the Virtual Queue system?

Tickets for lectures and photo shoots are available on the day as well. But Dave mentioned before that lecture tickets for Leslie were going quite fast, so buying those in advance online may be a good move if you can do this. It would be too bad if you drive to Birmingham and are disappointed because there's no more tickets.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

For the standard signing by the guests, am I right in assuming that vouchers for autographs are bought at the ticket desk, instead of paying on the table that the guest is on?

Thanks in advance.

Yes cash payment is made at the table with the guest. If you wish to pay by credit card then these vouchers need to be purchased at the registration desk and then you can spend them like cash with the guests of your choice.

cheers

Paul

• Showmasters Admin

ok thanks can lecture tickets be bought at the door? if so thats awesome.

Tickets for lectures and photoshoots will be available on the door. There is limited space in the lecture room so tickets are available on a first come first served basis - should any of these sell out before the event we will let you know

Thanks

Paul

Are there likely to be other lectures over the course of the weekend, like astronauts, pilots etc as at previous shows or will it be limited to the Leslie Nielsen and Tippi Hedren ones?

Main reason for asking is I'm holding off booking train tickets until I know what the lecture timetable looks like but if there are no more to come I can book them now.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought i would give you all the heads up on how the logistics will work at the show.

Firstly to obtain any signature from our guest signers you will need to show your entry ticket.

Anyone who does not have a valid ticket will not be able to obtain any signatures.

This policy will be strictly enforced so please make sure you have your entrance ticket before you enter the show.

None of the above happened. I walked in with a friend and two children and there was no one to check if we had tickets, and we entered an hour after the show opened on Sunday.

No one asked for my ticket when I purchased autographs.

Thanks

Swan

Same happened with us. I bought my entry ticket on Sun at about 11.30am. No-one checked my ticket as I entered the signing room at all during the whole day, and I was in and out lots of times right up to just gone 4pm. My ticket is still unripped.

I went to 4 photo shoots, each time I had my entry ticket ready as well as the photo shoot ticket but again I was never asked for it.

And when I bought in person autographs in the signing rooms I again was never asked to show the entry ticket.

In addition to that I don't think I've ever seen so many side doors being used as much during events there before, even the ones with 'no unauthorised access' signs.

I was surprised by all this after what had been said in this thread before the show, and I was making sure I always had my entry ticket with me in case.

As has been said in the main thread about the show, its not easy to man the doors all day and I appreciate that, but I entered only 30 mins after the standard entry times.