Terminator

Spacecadet is here

Well, managed to visit the Local Cinema to Watch the Latest Terminator Movie... Hmm bit of a let down if I must say. Emilia Clarke was lovely to watch on the big screen, But should really stick to the GOT.

Jay Courtney who played Kyle seemed Wooden in his role.

The movie although Action pact seemed to be messy, I was lost with the plot.. Back to 1984 Yes ok.. Err No, Err yes? Arnold was great and playing a Robot you don't really need to show the emotion, The Star of the show was the old Detective who was in the first movie.

Overall The First and Second Terminator movies were the best, followed by Salvation then the Third one. I do think they have killed this enough....

Anyone wishes to add anything, please do but don't give away any plots..

Thanks

We need some Camel movies.... :smile:

• Like 2

I loved it. I like all the Terminator movies, I admit Terminator: Salvation was the weakest. I know it tried to do something different but it shouldn't have bothered.

I thought Genisys was very well done and clever, sure it was abit confusing but what time travel movie isn't? I would certainly recommend it.

As for Terminator 6, I sure hope he'll be back :borg:

I thought it was great, a zillion times better than 3 or salvation imo.

I would agree with you there!

I think the reviews I have read summed it up, it wasn't a strong film but Arnie made it good.!

I did really enjoy it though!

The 1984 and 2029 parts were good but only for nostalgic value. The rest of the film was pretty hockey.

• Jai Courtney lacked the rugged battle-worn intensity that Miceal Biehn brought. Courtney seemed like a newbie in comparison and should not have been buff. And the thing about him having new memories was dumb.
  • Emilia Clarke should have been more buff and hardcore.
  • Jason Clarke was irritating and looks like a young Bill Murray. His character was dumb and just ****€s all over the John Connor we all know - it was a stupid U-turn.
  • JK Simmons wasn't in it enough.
  • Byee Yun-Lee wasn't in it enough.
  • What happens to Arnold in the end was stupid. In sequels he wont be the same T800 we've come to know.

The story was pretty stupid, it didnt even feel like a Terminator film as the new terminator wasn't really a terminator - felt more like a superhero gone bad.

Edited by nicky

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I went in with low expectations after seeing all the reviews, after one review called it a "desecration to the franchise" i really wasn't expecting much but i have to say i was pleasantly surprised, whilst there was somethings i didn't like about it in general i enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed it as well, but I've got to say that the trailer completely ruined it for me. I can't believe the big reveal around John Connor. What a joke!

Otherwise it was good fun. Think I rated it 7/10 on IMDB :D

This, this and so much this - I had heard there was a big reveal in the trailers so I avoided them after hearing that, only to have a friend (or so called...) watch one at work, right when I was walkinginto the room and all... :crying:

• Like 1

I enjoyed it as well, but I've got to say that the trailer completely ruined it for me. I can't believe the big reveal around John Connor. What a joke!

Otherwise it was good fun. Think I rated it 7/10 on IMDB :D

This, this and so much this - I had heard there was a big reveal in the trailers so I avoided them after hearing that, only to have a friend (or so called...) watch one at work, right when I was walkinginto the room and all... :crying:

Yeah, this happens a lot during trailers now. It's even worse now as the marketing teams are determined to attract customers that they just don't care how much of the movie is ruined.

Even worse still, is the fact that there's usually several trailers for each movie now. So much is shown between them all that each movie I watch now feels like 2 hours of deja-vu.

I've tried looking down or closing my eyes during trailers now and that helps a little, but I can still hear... It's a fairly extreme attempt to avoid spoilers lol.