Stargate Universe

Lestat

• 2 months later...

I know! Can't wait. I've been avidly waiting for all the reports from comic con. The new trailer is awesome.

Charlo

yes i seen the the double bill episode last week was gr8 but went off just as i wanted more damm u got to wait until next friday

This is what I posted elsewhere......

Not as good as I had hoped (but I had high hopes for this after Atlantis and Rodney who I detested on occasions)

But I will keep watching to see what else happens as you can't always tell from a few episodes how good something may end up being (besides its not like theres much else good out there for me to get into other then flashforward). I was a bit disapointed in the 30min special they showed after the episode, they could have at least warned us there were bits from future episodes in it, not that, that would have bothered me particular but it must have ticked off somene out there, who would have classed them as spoilers.

Problem is Im a huge fan of SG1 and so anything else Stargate related, although good, will always have to be put up against SG1, and that means having some big boots to fill...

went off just as i wanted more damm

Totally agree here, just as I started getting a little more into it, they stopped and now gona have to wait till Tuesday again, to see what happens next. So its not like SG1 where its different stories each week, so far its been one long continuing story.

:D

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

went off just as i wanted more damm

Totally agree here, just as I started getting a little more into it, they stopped and now gona have to wait till Tuesday again, to see what happens next. So its not like SG1 where its different stories each week, so far its been one long continuing story.

The problem is, the pilot was supposed to be a three parter; Air 1, Air 2 and Air 3. But in the UK they have only shown Air 1 & 2 so far, where as I believe the states have seen all three on opening night.

The problem is, the pilot was supposed to be a three parter; Air 1, Air 2 and Air 3. But in the UK they have only shown Air 1 & 2 so far, where as I believe the states have seen all three on opening night.

Nope, they only aired the first 2 in the same night there too.

Nope, they only aired the first 2 in the same night there too.

Yep the US only just aired Part 3 on Friday 9th

Ep 1.01 & 1.02 - Air parts 1 & 2

Interesting, them seem to focus on people coming through the gate quite alot at the begging. I was like, ok I get it people are coming through the gate too fast, they are scared get on with it.

Once they jumped it the story seem to pick up speed, the premise of the story seems interesting enough but I felt that the eps were a little flat. Can't put my finger on what was wrong though.

Loved Eli!! He is a great character and they built him up well, in fact he seemed to be the only character who was given a proper story, we only get hints with everyone else so looking forward to seeing the story of some of the others. Having said that it also made it seem like some of the other characters were some what forgotten. I'm a bit concerned that they saw how well the Jack & Daniel, Rodney & John friendships worked and they are now trying to force our focus upon Eli & Matthew Scott, only time will tell if this is true and if it will work.

I sensed there was a bit of tention between TJ & Camile Wray, being that I read some where Camile is supposed to be gay I wonder if we are going to get a gay storyline from those two.

Couldn't understand the point of having Lou Diamond Phillips as a guest star when he didn't do anything. When they had Robert Patrick guest star in the first couple of Atlantis eps he was part of the story, his death served a purpose but Col. Telford was there for two secs and had no baring on the storyline. Unless he appears in later eps it seems a waste of a guest star.

Robert Carlyle rocks as Dr. Ross!! God the character managed to annoy the crap out of me with his analytical approch to everything. Then he had the cheek to claim none of it was his fault when he dialled the gate. I just wanted to smack him upside the head!!

Altogether I'm looking forward to next weeks ep, it took me a few eps to get into atlantis and I'm sure I will love this series just as much soon

Lou Diamond Phillips is main cast not a guest star. Wait to you see Ep 3 and you can see how they are going to bring him in. Interesting idea if you ask me.

This is what confused me. I thought he was a main cast member for all the news reports seen on SGU but he had not gone through the gate with everyone else so guessed he was a guest star instead.

Anyways Air Part 3 tonight so I will get to see what you mean :)

i was duibious about this but Im really liking SGU, its what atlantis should of been instead (although enjoyable( atlantis was a poor mans sg1.

I like that its more dramatic, and so far episodes 1-3 were quite good although part 3 needed a bit more umph, and what happened to the 2 who went through the gate? dead? left behind i assume.

thankfully lou seems to be in it more with these stones things, I do think it was a little confusing at first who the earth bound ppl actually see, would be cool if they changed on screen for the viewers back and forth to remind us or to have them look different to start with more then stay as the main cast after.

will be interesting to see what the background is between lou d p and the other guy, forget his name, the leader who is injured.

im really enjoying the cast, there really good thus far. love how carlyle is like a more good version of doc smith from lost in space thus far.

yep so far i really like it, and im sg1 mad lol love sg1 though im a little concerned they will mess it up with the rumoured lucian alliance ppl turning up, bit lazy that i think, but so far yer really liking it

Ep 1.03 - Air Part 3

Seemed a little flatter than the previous 2 eps but still worked. We get a bit of background on Scott this time, not sure I was all keen on the images that kept appearing to him but we get to see how he was brought up etc.

Interesting to see while physically they are cut off from Earth they can at least contact people. I think that this can work well and keep the show open a little rather then closing everything straight down to the ship. Felt sorry for Col. Telford, is he going to be the worlds best mobile phone? :)

There seemed to be a lot left open, for example what about those scientists that went off, we didn't have time to deal with Greer shooting that other scientist and Dr. Ross trying to blame it on Greer even if he did tell him to do it.

Speaking of Greer, I so want to know what's going on with him!!! How come Wray doesn't like him, why was he in custody, what's with all the attitude, is he really a good or bad guy cause after all he went back for Scott.

Eli was in top form again this week with his planet of the apes thing.

Writers who are legends, some comments.

Ep 3

I think that it should be mandatory that SG personnel watch Dr Who, then maybe they will get a bit more exited about the situation the same way Dr Who does, when he goes somewhere new. :thumbup: They are all so miserable except Eli who is eyeing up I mean spying on the women. To quote dr rush, "this is the greatest discovery since the stargate", so to the crew, be less of an eastender and a bit more dr who.

Desert planet was great reminded me of the Stargate film, weird thing, the soldier guy says lets get to higher ground to see the terrain. They have a camera device, just send it up into the air and look that way. Also, as they are walking send the camera ahead of you. for intelligent people, a bit of a stupid moment.

Greer is bad ass, good to have on your side, bad as an enemy. Character wise, hes a bit like Jayne from Firefly, will follow the captain as long as its in his interest. We will have to wait and see what he does in future episodes.

Overall not a bad episode, but as previously said in other posts, what will happen to the stupid scientist and soldier that went through the gate, we shall see. well maybe.

Ep4

I have now watched the next episode which was very good, acting gone up a notch especially from the Doc. Some cool special effects and the scene near to the end, I think we all would like to have been there to see what they saw, so cool. Eli in this episode has several good scenes, especially in one scene where most male fans would have like to swap places with him, when he helps a certain female crew member out of the shower type cubicle, potential romance maybe??.

I think so far the show is great, though one episode a week is not enough we want more, more :D .

I'm really enjoying the series, knew I would since the trailer, its slightly darker than the others but also funny which is a nice mixture. I like the fact that its a story rather than visiting a different place every episode which they already done in SG1 and Atlantis so its a nice twist on a old story line.

Still a few question that need to be answered hope they come back to them at some point. Such as where did the two people go to, presumed dead? and the flying spaceship that left destiny - presuming its going to alert an evil race to there position, classic stargate fashion.

Must say so far I love it. It is what Atlantis should have been.

One thing that really strikes me is how good the acting is in this show comparied with any off the previous two shows.......sooooooooooo good.

I love that each episode is linked in someway. So far so good, love it.

It was a good episode, strong character development, quite a good twist at the end, but made the character in question look like a ****, which is a shame as I want to like him.

Anyhow, I felt sorry for Eli, just when he thought he had a shot with the loverly Chloe (after episode 3, where they did get closer I felt), she only goes and becomes intimate with Scott, (stargate joke omitted) :D . and he was intimate with the other soldier in the first episode, Captain kirk wanabee perhaps....buts it the most action a SG series has seen. Though there is word stargate in the title, its clearly not like the stargate series we knew... in a way is very good new directions to go in, more character development as to new gods to defeat, cuts down on CGI bills, should have called the Show Destiny or something.

Anyhow I await the next episode.

Ep 1.05 - Light

Good story, one of my favs so far in the series.

Felt sorry for poor Eli when he sees Chloe going off with Scott :blink:

And wasn't Rush tricky. There I thought he was generally being nice and giving up his chance in the lottery but he throws out the chance that he actually knew what would happen. Now I'm not sure, he did look a bit surprised when the lights came back on. God I just don't know if he is a good guy or a manipulative person having fun with the rest of the crew.

Loving Greer, not sure why he striped off to die (whatever floats your boat) but we find out he was locked up for punching Col. Telford, all we need to know know is why he punched him :) After all Telford seems a bit selfish when he wouldn't look after Col. Everretts body when he was in it!

Oh and did any one see the lad in the back of the shuttle looking out the door, he had a few lines. He was in Atlantis, the one with all the kids living on the planet that kill themselves at 25 and he was in BSG as Jammer.

On another spot the person did anyone notice that the woman that played Everretts wife last week has been in both Atlantis and SG1!

~~~

Is anyone missing a title sequence or am I the only one? I loved the theme tunes for Atlantis and SG-1 I feel said that there isn't one for SGU

Edited by welcome_earthling

Is anyone missing a title sequence or am I the only one? I loved the theme tunes for Atlantis and SG-1 I feel said that there isn't one for SGU

I don't mind that im kinda liking the seeing what previously happened before at the start and having a short and sweet title sequence.

I loved the themes too so was looking forward to hearing the Universe one :(

Ep 1.05 - Light

Felt sorry for poor Eli when he sees Chloe going off with Scott :D

Loving Greer, not sure why he striped off to die (whatever floats your boat) but we find out he was locked up for punching Col. Telford, all we need to know know is why he punched him :) After all Telford seems a bit selfish when he wouldn't look after Col. Everretts body when he was in it!

Poor Eli, I ve been in that situation. anyhow, Chloe is hot...

With Greer he says something like that the sun is the greatest power and its good to go out against such an adversary, in a baze of glory... stripping off thing, think of Beowulf, leave the world as you enter, face your opponants bare etc.. its a primative, cave man thing etc.. lots of psyco bable on the subject.

A small title sequence would be good, "These are the voyages of Destiny, to bodly go where no ship has gone before". or show the ship and then have the words spin "Lost in Space". :angel:

I forgot about watching it, I started watching and on the 3rd episode i found very boring.

So far the show hasn't wowed me, maybe i'll try seeing the rest but from what i've seen already it's not that great and doesn't come close to the other two.

Personally i feel they made a mistake cancelling Atlantis.

Seen up to episode 5 and so far I'm not to immpressed at all. I like the character of Eli and that's about it. Will watch probably all of season one if I don't get to bored with it before then. I can't figure out why I don't like it, it's just not grabbing my attention like SG1 and SGA did.

I think its trying to hard, I feel almost as if everybody wants you to like it. I like Eli and Young thats about it. Its watchable but it doesn't really do anything for me like Wend says its kinda so so. I also think the storylines have been borrowed half a dozen times already!