Dates are the same as SDCC....

...San Diego have already announced their dates for next year and it's the 21-24 July.

So realistically will this mean the LFCC dates will have to change? Coz otherwise our guest list possibilities will be pretty much non existent for current shows!

Xx

• Like 1

I come every year from Switzerland for the LFCC for five years and I won't miss that in 2016.

With these dates I have to quit my summer job in a music festival to be there in LFCC and I can not get my job back if I miss one year. So I'm a bit sad to read that. :crying:

It was usually the second weekend of July and now it's the forth. Why do you have to change again the dates this year?

I'm good with pretty much any date as long as those date does not change as soon as I got my train tickets, hotel reservation, and my vacations request set with my employer... Meaning if dates have to change for some reasons make sure it's done by December, I've read that LFCC winter date had shift, don't want this to happen here, don't forget that many of us do come from abroad, so we do need to plan ahead.

• Like 1

I come every year from Switzerland for the LFCC for five years and I won't miss that in 2016.

With these dates I have to quit my summer job in a music festival to be there in LFCC and I can not get my job back if I miss one year. So I'm a bit sad to read that. :crying:

It was usually the second weekend of July and now it's the forth. Why do you have to change again the dates this year?

have the same problem. Others will have holiday in my office then. Had already trouble this year to go.

:-(

Edited by Swissangel4616

Because they can only run the show when the venue is available.

• Like 1

It means more people will be able to attend the Friday as it will be during the school holidays too.

2 shows in a week? Gonna have to do some prioritising now!

The other one could well sell out, three day tickets have gone.

No need for it to change. Plenty of potential guests plus not all current tv show casts will be there. LFCC won't suffer at all.

Not all bands play at Glastonbury, but there's a reason why none of the other big European festivals take place that weekend. Nobody wants to clash with the mother lode, because nobody looks good by comparison.

My point was that simply having it the same weekend invites comparison to an event people already see as bigger in stature. The reason I mentioned festivals is that they can all run on the same weekends, and many do, without so much as a batted eyelid, because most don't even notice they clash. But the second one of them clashed with Glastonbury everyone would notice and draw comparisons. That's what's happening here; it's not like SM events never clash with any others happening in the US, but as soon as it's San Diego people notice and think that it'll make LFCC worse. And while they are different events it is obviously going to place additional complications on potential guest availability.

I can easily see a scenario where SM puts on a terrific show, only to drown in grumpy comments of "but if you'd held it on a different weekend, person X would have been available", whether a valid comment or not.

I can easily see a scenario where SM puts on a terrific show, only to drown in grumpy comments of "but if you'd held it on a different weekend, person X would have been available", whether a valid comment or not.

That will happen anyway. "Had you moved it by three more weeks show A would not have started filming yet and B would be available." We go through that every year for different reasons.

SDCC is a whole different beast. It's promo focused and the meetings etc are very very limited.

LFCC will continue to do what it does.

I've said before SDCC looks forward, LFCC looks back. There's room for both.

But I do find it a shame that just as LFCC is getting the greater worldwide recognition - websites reporting on the Weaver panel and BTTF, it's going to have to do well to be heard above everything that goes on at SDCC next year.

• Like 1

I am happy with these dates. I hope only that there will be a lot of guests from different series, as usually.

I hope that there will come a lot of sci-fi guests, especially from Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, ...

Edited by chiara72

I personally think its crazy to have this at the same time or within a couple of weeks of SDCC. You are potentially limiting guests who may favour going to SDCC over London. Its unnecessary.

Edited by Bullseye

My only worry with the clash is the affect it may have on what Game of Thrones guest may attend, as the most popular cast always attend SDCC.

Same thing with the walking dead....

Let's have SDCC change dates....😳😇

Edited by mrvega

I agree. I realise a lot of guests Showmasters get won't be at SDCC however, getting any decent guests from current shows just won't happen like Hayley Attwell for instance. It will be a real shame if it does clash as the shows i watch are still current so these are the guests i want to meet.

so i guess i have no hopes for any main cast members from once upon a time then! they go every year, its pretty big, they show previews and everything every year there for new seasons. always wished i could meet robert carlyle at one of these.

• Like 2