Anyone watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix ?

GoldenGreen

Just working my way through season one and season two is starting today.

Was recommended by a friend and enjoyed the first season very much, very funny, no holds barred , one of the best and freshest TV series I have seen in a while.

• Like 1

It's one of my favourite shows right now. It's class acting, funny as hell and great to watch a busy female lead cast. About to start Season 2 on Netflix. I've been looking forward to this for nearly a year :D

• Like 1

It's one of my favourite shows right now. It's class acting, funny as hell and great to watch a busy female lead cast. About to start Season 2 on Netflix. I've been looking forward to this for nearly a year :D

Wow, big night then ! Timing wise we have just one more episode to watch, so will be a smooth transition into Season 2 ! Do you have a favourite character ?

Wow, big night then ! Timing wise we have just one more episode to watch, so will be a smooth transition into Season 2 ! Do you have a favourite character ?

Definitley! I'm trying to spread the new episodes out so I don't do them all in one sitting to end up waiting another possible year, but it's very hard as the new season is starting off great.

That's a brill idea! and it's really hard to choose a favourite character as I feel each one of them have a certain thing about them, I do have a crush on Nikki though, it's her hair! How about you?

It's definitley worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It's one of the best shows right now, thumbs up to Netflix!

• Like 1

Yeah, I was really surprised by the show. I downloaded it for my wife, figuring she'd enjoy it more than me, but I ended up getting really into it. Excellent show. Schilling is fantastic, would love to see her in London.

• Like 2

If you like this show, it may be worth checking out WEEDS. This was the creators previous show; think Breaking Bad meets Arrested Development. Some of the episodes of that show are the seeds of what OITNB became

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

I remember watching the first season of Weeds when it first came out, but found it slow. May be time for a revisit :)

The first season is quite slow compared to the rest of the series. It doesn't have the same relentless pace as OITNB; it's a different show; but I still enjoyed it. Edited by benweblight

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of episodes into Season Two now and such a great show.

The ending of Season One was well, what can you say :-O

This is TV Comedy Drama at its best, it's fun, it's well written, well acted and I think it has a real freshness about it as well, that is so rare, it's not afraid to take some risks and this just makes it all the more watchable, because you never quite know what to expect !

A couple of guests would be great, but this would work really well as a weekend convention as well, orange prison jump suit compulsory attire !

Does anyone have a favourite character ? I think mine would be "Taystee" played by Danielle Brooks.

Edited by GoldenGreen

This is TV Comedy Drama at its best, it's fun, it's well written, well acted and I think it has a real freshness about it as well, that is so rare, it's not afraid to take some risks and this just makes it all the more watchable, because you never quite know what to expect !

A couple of guests would be great, but this would work really well as a weekend convention as well, orange prison jump suit compulsory attire !

Does anyone have a favourite character ? I think mine would be "Taystee" played be Danielle Brooks.

I finished season 2 a few days ago. Gutted I've finished so soon as I have to wait ages for the next season.

I love Nikki who's played by Natasha Lyonne. There's something special about all the cast though that I seem to like. It would be brilliant if SM had some of the cast come over. I know a few of them were here doing publicity for season 2 at the start of June, if only it was July!

• Like 1

Does anyone have a favourite character ? I think mine would be "Taystee" played be Danielle Brooks.

I finished season 2 a few days ago. Gutted I've finished so soon as I have to wait ages for the next season.

I love Nikki who's played by Natasha Lyonne. There's something special about all the cast though that I seem to like. It would be brilliant if SM had some of the cast come over. I know a few of them were here doing publicity for season 2 at the start of June, if only it was July!

I agree Nikki is a great character. I'm trying not to rush through them too much, although the temptation to do so is hard to resist !

• Like 2

I only realised recently that it is based on a real memoir "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison" written by Piper Kerman. So there is a real piper, and a real Larry (her husband). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_Kerman.

200px-Piper_Kerman_University_of_Missour

I guess thats why it stands apart from some of the terrible prison drama's out there.

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

I only realised recently that it is based on a real memoir "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison" written by Piper Kerman. So there is a real piper, and a real Larry (her husband). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_Kerman.

200px-Piper_Kerman_University_of_Missour

I guess thats why it stands apart from some of the terrible prison drama's out there.

I had noticed Piper Kerman's name come up in the credits, but not looked any further than that. Interesting to see her Wikipedia page and find out the basis of the story is true.

• Like 1

I think it was during an interview with the cast, with Taylor herself saying that the show is based on Piper's memoir but there's stuff in the show that didn't actually happen during her time eg (the season 1 finale)

• Like 1