Autograph Question

youell

Okay, another stupid question I'm sure, but as a first time con attendee I want to make sure of this. As far as extra autographs go, these are on a first come first served basis right? And can I buy them when I register? What is the chance of them selling out?

• Like 1

Okay, another stupid question I'm sure, but as a first time con attendee I want to make sure of this. As far as extra autographs go, these are on a first come first served basis right? And can I buy them when I register? What is the chance of them selling out?

In my experience at most cons, the autographs don't 'sell out'. Since everyone except Ben is signing both days I don't think you need to worry. Most should be available to purchase at registration.

As Murph says you can't buy the auto's but you can buy auto vouchers (to save you having to carry/take cash if you want to pay by card) which you hand over in the auto queue or pay by cash in the auto queue.

When they say first come first served it really means time restrictions more than anything else.

I think I recall mention by one of the mods when I asked in another thread that theoretically auto's were also going in package order but realistically I think you will just join the end of the line whenever you get to go through.

Pass holders join the back of the existing queue, they don't jump to the front.

The passholders that don't need VQ tickets. Not all packages have that priviledge.

Ah! That simplifies matters -as a humble weekend pass visitor I'd hate to constantly get so near the front of a queue to have to make way for a horde of gold/silver/platinum visitors! Thanks for the clarification guys!

Pass holders join the back of the existing queue, they don't jump to the front.

The passholders that don't need VQ tickets. Not all packages have that priviledge.

Ah! That simplifies matters -as a humble weekend pass visitor I'd hate to constantly get so near the front of a queue to have to make way for a horde of gold/silver/platinum visitors! Thanks for the clarification guys!

As it's been posted, theoretically there's some sort of package order though. ;) So it may be a while until the VQ tickets are being called.

Am I correct to assume that the autograph queue groups will be staggered, as with the photo shoots?

Not as far as we are aware. If they aren't in a talk/shoot or VIP activity or break the guests will be signing so you can go through when you have time. The busy guests will be operating on the VQ system but if you have a package ticket you don't need one and can just join the end of the queue. They have reserved the right to opperate the auto's viw package but as far as I'm aware they haven't actually put it in place yet. When we get there they will probably be, for example, VQ tickets 1-30 + packages etc maybe. Until we get there we won't know.

Given how busy we are all going to be we wouldn't be able to do the auto's as well if we were called for a specific time.

The only queue that will probably be on staggered/ticket number/group order will be Benedict for the Plat and VIP holders, but if you don't have one of those he's not signing for anyone else so that wouldn't be an issue.

I just hope - no, pray- that we don't have a situation like Stan Lee Sunday, where the queue didn't get beyond 1-25 because on that occasion the gold visitors kept on going around and around...I understand the priority for gold visitors- they paid more- but to have not increased the number beyond 25 over the space of 4-5 hours was just unbelievable!

Presumably staff will be told to keep increasing the queue numbers, say up to 50, then 100 so everyone gets a chance to join the queue at some stage?

I don't think that will be an issue here Diabolik, Stan was a whole different kettle of fish - the golds keep going back was wrong though. The biggest draw at Sherlocked is going to be Ben but he's only doing 1 for everyone who qualifies so even if there's a bit of a chat with everyone it's not going to take ages and we can't go back in after we have been through.

Mark and Andrew will be busy but not at Stan Lee levels.

Note now though Mark's auto's have also been limited as per the new Saturday schedule.

Length of signing schedule or the number of items you can get signed?

Length of signing schedule.

'

Mark Gatiss

Due to Mark Gatiss being so popular and being in so many photo shoots and talks, his signing time will be limited. Primarily this time will be for the VIPs and Platinums who get his autograph as part of his package but we will endeavour to get as many other people who wish to buy his autograph through the queue as we can.

Sat: 12Noon – 1:45pm

Sun: 3:15pm – 4:45pm

Though as Ben's talk clashes with the last hour of Saturday's time then this may be the best time to get one but obv only for people who don't have a talk ticket.

Edited by evilfairie