Admiral's Ticket Package (VIP) thoughts?

GodAtum

This was my third time as a VIP Admiral and to me it's worth it. I love the experience and every benefit that being an Admiral offers. But like any ticket or package it is what you make of it. I know a lot of people where not happy with certain packages and didn't see the value even in the Admiral package but it's not the cost it's the experience you make for that cost that matters.

Personally I get as much out of the weekend as possible to the point I didn't actually sleep I was out most of each night partying and at the con I met every guest for a photo an autograph sometimes just a chat. I went to talks, I partied with the guests in the VIP area. Had some amazing ladies who were Admiral liaison officers who would do anything for us. We had a really nice Admirals room full off food and refreshments. And most importantly I had an amazing time and experience with old and new friends throughout the entire weekend.

WoW! You must be financially blessed, to have the Admiral experience even more than once! I wanted to stop and have a chat with so many of the guests. What a great bunch of characters. Sulu, Dax1, Tucker, Malcom Reed, Tom Paris, Doc Bashear, and Harry Kim. All just made the weekend for me X

Edited by JohnT

This was my third time as a VIP Admiral and to me it's worth it. I love the experience and every benefit that being an Admiral offers. But like any ticket or package it is what you make of it. I know a lot of people where not happy with certain packages and didn't see the value even in the Admiral package but it's not the cost it's the experience you make for that cost that matters.

Personally I get as much out of the weekend as possible to the point I didn't actually sleep I was out most of each night partying and at the con I met every guest for a photo an autograph sometimes just a chat. I went to talks, I partied with the guests in the VIP area. Had some amazing ladies who were Admiral liaison officers who would do anything for us. We had a really nice Admirals room full off food and refreshments. And most importantly I had an amazing time and experience with old and new friends throughout the entire weekend.

How was your expereince of the queues, did you get to the front without hassle? Did you get a front-row seat for all the talks?

How was your expereince of the queues, did you get to the front without hassle? Did you get a front-row seat for all the talks?

When you look at the number its a HUGE number but when you look at some of the amazing inclusions you get its such good value.

If you're a huge trekkie and love all the series its a no brainer.

Just two examples (rough numbers)

Shatners auto was 65 and photo was 55

Christophers auto was 40 and photo was 30

There were around 20 guests and if you say they are all charging 20 an auto thats 400 and add the two above is ish 600

Then you had some awesome merchandise which had to be around 500 for that.

Thats 1100 just on autos and merchandise. If you then include the photo ops at lets say 15 per guest there is a further 300 so thats 1500 ballpark.

Then you received a pre-signed (well it was signed at the event but still) poster which has everyones autos on it so thats a further ish 1300 so there is 2500 ish on that.

On top of that there was every talk available so lets round that up to 500 and there is the 3k plus I know there was so much more perks to the package let alone the queue jump option to enable you to do everything.

Don't look at the overall number look at the individual options and its SO SO good value for money.

When you look at the number its a HUGE number but when you look at some of the amazing inclusions you get its such good value.

If you're a huge trekkie and love all the series its a no brainer.

Just two examples (rough numbers)

Shatners auto was 65 and photo was 55

Christophers auto was 40 and photo was 30

There were around 20 guests and if you say they are all charging 20 an auto thats 400 and add the two above is ish 600

Then you had some awesome merchandise which had to be around 500 for that.

Thats 1100 just on autos and merchandise. If you then include the photo ops at lets say 15 per guest there is a further 300 so thats 1500 ballpark.

Then you received a pre-signed (well it was signed at the event but still) poster which has everyones autos on it so thats a further ish 1300 so there is 2500 ish on that.

On top of that there was every talk available so lets round that up to 500 and there is the 3k plus I know there was so much more perks to the package let alone the queue jump option to enable you to do everything.

Don't look at the overall number look at the individual options and its SO SO good value for money.

But you still have to pay on top of that for any photo combo shoots, so I was told by one such package holder... Yes I know, it is clearly in the Ts and Cs, it just seems to me you should get everything for that price.

Edited by robmoriarty

I paid for an Admiral package - my first - and I'm SO glad that I did. I agree with Rob,I think it should have included the combos but, that aside, for all the reasons stated above - the content, the support, all the great people I met - having the package helped make for a BRILLIANT weekend (I think I got about 5 hours sleep from Friday - Sunday) and I would definitely go for it again :)

• Like 1

I paid for an Admiral package - my first - and I'm SO glad that I did. I agree with Rob,I think it should have included the combos but, that aside, for all the reasons stated above - the content, the support, all the great people I met - having the package helped make for a BRILLIANT weekend (I think I got about 5 hours sleep from Friday - Sunday) and I would definitely go for it again :)

Out of curiosity, which guests did you get to spend time with and how often were you just able to chat them up?

I spent time with Terry Farrell, Nicole DeBoer, Dominic Keating, Connor Trineer, Chase Masterson, Robert O'Reiley,Martha Hackett, Armin Shimerman & Kitty Swink and also got a 1-1 chat with George Takei. They were all great actually - open and funny. Made for some great chat and unique photos :)

Edited by cmwheels
  • Like 1