8 replies to this topic

#1 Cape

Cape

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Just a question for those who know how this works. Is there amyway to optain digtal prints of the photoshoots. Or am I going to have to scan my print?

I would loke to post it on my blog etc.

#2 timdiesel2015

timdiesel2015

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

I'm pretty sure if you go on the show masters website you can look up all the photoshoots for comicons and would have thought this would be on it aswell but takes a few weeks until they get put up. Then you can pay to get the digital image I think?

#3 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,955 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Some of the older Destination shows have never or only partly gone up. I must admit I have no idea how the plan is for this show. If the images become available timdiesel2015 has described the procedure.

Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#4 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

No one is forcing you to buy them and no where did it say they were included in the price.  At event's I've attended I've just scanned my pictures myself and that was fine.

Edited by StuartG2198, 09 October 2016 - 01:30 PM.

Potato

#5 Brodnick

Brodnick

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

I always scan my pictures and autographs in - that way I can print out the ones I want to display whilst storing the original safely.

#6 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

No one is forcing you to buy them and no where did it say they were included in the price.  At event's I've attended I've just scanned my pictures myself and that was fine.

My comment looks really weird now  :BRUISED: without the context, like it's aimed at at OP.  Maybe delete these both?   :stretcher:

:smile:

Potato

#7 rkemp78

rkemp78

Runner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:32 AM

Charging for photos is completely understandable because it is the guest's time, work for the photographer and others. But charging for digital photos, which already exist and take five minutes to put online is taking the mick. I say again, charging for digital copies of photos is a rip off.

You can delete this post too can't you? :P

#8 Brodnick

Brodnick

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:41 AM

To be fair, there is online storage to pay for, and webhosting services, server admin fees etc.

I do think £5 is a bit steep, but I like the idea that if any of my photos go walkies & my hard drive goes boom, I can get a copy in the future.
  • Raylenth likes this

#9 robmoriarty

robmoriarty

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

they've been here if anywhere previously. http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/

Have met: William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimmerman, Nicole de Boer, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Roxann Dawson, Tim Russ, Robert Duncan McNeill, Ethan Phillips, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Chase Masterson, Vaughn Armstrong, Alice Krige, Richard Arnold, Keegan de Lancie, Daniel Stewart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users