64 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel_Baker

Daniel_Baker

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

Hopefully there will still be photo tickets left for him by the time I get some cash, will SM let us know when if the bookings are getting full?

• Jasonjic likes this

#42 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

They do advise of low ticket numbers where possible but bear in mind that it's not always possible if they get a rush of purchases when the office is closed or before they can send the
message out.

Potato

#43 gwynatlarche

gwynatlarche

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

Will he be signing autographs on the Friday?

#44 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

No.  If you read the first post it says he is only attending the opening ceremony on Friday.

Edited by Raylenth, 11 May 2016 - 02:02 PM.

Potato

#45 gwynatlarche

gwynatlarche

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

Oh well. I will just have to get it at the weekend. No problem x

#46 Astro_Nut

Astro_Nut

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

Worth remembering that the Opening Ceremony is at the end of Friday not the start of it

Physicist, Astronomer, Geek, Nerd and Wallflower

Used to be crew, not any more

Also available in Twitter (Astro_Nut_BC) and Facebook (Barry Cross) variaties at no extra cost

#47 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,955 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

Sorry for the disruption guys. It seems we may have had an old friend of ours visiting. They made a little more effort hiding this time, so they were not caught at registration as usual. At least that way of writing looks quite familiar. ;)

As for the "not signing Friday" issue that was brought up: it's absolutely the norm that not all guests attend all days. If Wil isn't available on the Friday he's not going to attend, it's as as simple as that. It's been that way ever since I started attending shows. A lot of guests are Saturday/Sunday only. Collectormania, LFACC. Nothing malicious about that.

Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#48 chewer

chewer

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

Very pleased to see that cleaned up Queen! ☺

#49 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

As a result of the questions that were asked about Wil's attendance on Friday though Queen I will say that whilst I'm sure the office guys do know this it doesn't actually say anywhere on the website, at least that I can find, what days the guest are appearing - as it stands people viewing it and not coming here might assume that all guests are appearing all days as it doesn't say otherwise, and that might lead to issues as well.

With regards to the pictures, yes you do have to pay for them if you want them and they do have the show logo on but the Sherlocked ones were, if you'll excuse me, blooming amazing quality. 

Potato

#50 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • 25,955 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

Very pleased to see that cleaned up Queen! ☺

Sorry I wasn't faster. If anything like that happens again feel free to hit the report button, then I get an e-mail. That's the fastest way to alert the mods.

CSI Audio/visual labrat

#51 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • 25,955 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

As a result of the questions that were asked about Wil's attendance on Friday though Queen I will say that whilst I'm sure the office guys do know this it doesn't actually say anywhere on the website, at least that I can find, what days the guest are appearing - as it stands people viewing it and not coming here might assume that all guests are appearing all days as it doesn't say otherwise, and that might lead to issues as well.

With regards to the pictures, yes you do have to pay for them if you want them and they do have the show logo on but the Sherlocked ones were, if you'll excuse me, blooming amazing quality. 

I will bring that up, that's a valid point of course. I thought there was a list somewhere, but it is absolutely possible I've got Excel blind.

CSI Audio/visual labrat

#52 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

I will bring that up, that's a valid point of course. I thought there was a list somewhere, but it is absolutely possible I've got Excel blind.

It may be on there somewhere and if anyone see's it please do say where, but I can't find anything and there's nothing listed on the guests individual pages.  Obviously no tickets are on Eventbrite for Wil for Friday but it will cause people confusion I think and adding it may avoid a lot of possible complaints about it.

Potato

#53 Cape

Cape

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

A bit disappointed that they do not have any pics of him in Big Bang Theory.
  • loveamyadams and Tony1975 like this

#54 Iceman71

Iceman71

Follow that Camel! He led me on many a journey.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

It's a Star Trek convention though!
I love it when you call me Big Papi

#55 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

A bit disappointed that they do not have any pics of him in Big Bang Theory.

As always, if you want a particular image it's always best to take one with you.  I'll admit I'm surprised though seeing as they had them in the pre orders.

Potato

#56 Cape

Cape

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

I did tale one but it was a 6x8 not 10x8. I thought the same thing that they would have one due tp them having it in the online store.

#57 loveamyadams

loveamyadams

Chief Model Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

what a super friendly guy. worth meeting but he's so busy ( saturday) you need very low VT tickets. go there first if you can.

#58 LSM

LSM

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

what a super friendly guy. worth meeting but he's so busy ( saturday) you need very low VT tickets. go there first if you can.

Agreed. What a lovely guy. I got VT number 10 so got a chance to see him early on in the day. Spent a few minutes talking about his time with Robin Williams on the set of Flubber.

Just a heads up for those seeing him today that Wil is the "no handshake" type of person. Nothing rude about it but stuff were saying "no touching" and people were sometimes ignoring this. Wil was happy to give out the odd fist bump.

The "no touching" rule was in force for the photoshoot as well bur Wil was up for doing poses. In my photo were doing a double thumbs up / cheesy grin pose. Really chuffed with it.

Edited by LSM, 09 October 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#59 Magnitude_V1

Magnitude_V1

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

I got my VT number for Wil today just before 9:30 and I'm 139 so if you want to get an autograph from Wil get your number asap.

I do have 3 hours downtime between talks for food and autos so I should be good.

#60 MLP*

MLP*

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Agreed. What a lovely guy. I got VT number 10 so got a chance to see him early on in the day. Spent a few minutes talking about his time with Robin Williams on the set of Flubber.

Just a heads up for those seeing him today that Wil is the "no handshake" type of person. Nothing rude about it but stuff were saying "no touching" and people were sometimes ignoring this. Wil was happy to give out the odd fist bump.

The "no touching" rule was in force for the photoshoot as well bur Wil was up for doing poses. In my photo were doing a double thumbs up / cheesy grin pose. Really chuffed with it.

He mentioned this on his Twitter page. https://twitter.com/...824298527744000

Fair enough really. Some people are touchy feely and some aren't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users