233 replies to this topic

#41 petertina

petertina

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:16 AM

Well at the moment it feels like a cup round not the final. But I am sure they will field the full A team.

Edited by Queen_Sindel, 04 August 2016 - 08:19 AM.
part of post removed - we do have guests coming on here. Please be respectful.

#42 cmwheels

cmwheels

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

With 2 months to go, Linda Park's cancellation wasn't the announcement I was hoping for . . . Come on SM, give us something else :)

#43 Androide

Androide

Runner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:16 AM

instead of adding new guests, we're losing the ones we already had ;-)

• Tony1975 likes this

#44 cmwheels

cmwheels

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:37 AM

I know . . . :(

#45 khitomer1

khitomer1

Runner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Come on SM let's get the final line up announced so we can plan our weekend!

• Namine and robmoriarty like this

#46 chewer

chewer

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

I have to admit that this is plodding along now week after week and doing nothing to build the excitement and anticipation for a convention to celebrate the 50 the ANNIVERSARY of Trek. This should be HUGE!!! DST3 had all guests and full timetables visible from near the first announcement and didn't alternate very much up to the actual event allowing attendees to plan and really feel the buzz for the build up.
  • Namine and robmoriarty like this

#47 cmwheels

cmwheels

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Agree. What is going on SM? In 9 weeks all we've had is one confirmed and 2 rumored likely guest cancellations. 8 weeks to go - fewer guests announced than for DST3, no details of individual guest talks, no exhibitor details, package allocations still not clear, no timetable. Doesnt make for a great sense of anticipation . . .
  • Namine, robmoriarty and Tony1975 like this

#48 seela

seela

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

Gests are less than DST3 now. I hope we are going to get more soon. Maybe if not we could call it a weekend with LOl

Edited by seela, 11 August 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#49 Namine

Namine

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

I was looking forward to it, since it's gonna be for my 30th birthday instead of a party, I'm hoping we get some good guests like Sir Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn etc.

People I have met at conventions -

Shaun Hernandez, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Paul McGann, Steve Cardenas, Frank Bruno (passing by the queue where I stood), Sylvester McCoy, Dave Prowse, Carl Weathers, David Yost, Paul Schrier, Jason Narvy, Michael Madsen, Bernard Cribbins, George A Romero, Cowboy James Storm, Stan Lee, Amy "Lita" Dumas. John Hurt, Jason Faunt, Johnny Yong Bosch, Cerina Vincent, Nakia Burrise, Jason David Frank, Cameron Jebo, Erin Cahill, Kristian Nairn, Christopher Lloyd, Adam "Edge" Copeland, Rob Van Dam, Blake Anthony Foster, Catherine Sutherland, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Peter Mayhew, Keith David, Dolph Lungdren, Peter Davison, Colin Baker.

People I am going to meet at LFCC 2017!

Christopher Lloyd (again), Tom F Wilson, Demolition Ax, Demolition Smash, Kevin Kleinberg, Michael Copon, Phil LaMarr, Terence Stamp, Walter Koenig, Ron Perlman, Zoe Wanamaker, Margot Kidder, Jack O'Halloran, Sarah Douglas

#50 Count Fooku

Count Fooku

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

I'm thinking Patrick Stewart is unlikely for this one, he's in a play in London at the time this event is on so I wonder if he would travel to Birmingham even for one day.

I wonder if we we will start to see a bit more for this event towards the end of the month/early in Spetember, they have just got one official Star Trek event out of the way, with another one coming up in America soon. Hopefully that means attention will change to the uk after that.
  • Namine likes this
"You might very well think that, I could not possibly comment"

"Got a rabbit to pull out of your hat Percy? You've got that 'Britain-can-make-it' look about you. Very intimidating."

#51 cmwheels

cmwheels

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

We can only hope . . . 7 weeks today . . . there has to be something soon . . . :)

#52 MLP*

MLP*

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

We can only hope . . . 7 weeks today . . .

indeed. If they could put up a schedule soon I could make a decision whether to attend or not. 

#53 LSM

LSM

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

indeed. If they could put up a schedule soon I could make a decision whether to attend or not. 

Schedules are usually put up about a week or so ahead of the show. I THINK that LFCC was 2 weeks ahead of showtime so maybe a similar wait time for this one I'd imagine.

#54 Wrong Name

Wrong Name

Tinkerbell's Kartoffel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

Schedules are usually put up about a week or so ahead of the show. I THINK that LFCC was 2 weeks ahead of showtime so maybe a similar wait time for this one I'd imagine.

LFCC was 1 week before.

"I'm Showmasters Forum famous" - LFCC 2016

Member of the Showmasters Forum Potato Club

#55 LSM

LSM

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

LFCC was 1 week before.

I stand corrected.

#56 MLP*

MLP*

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

If they want to sell talk tickets, they will need to give an indication of who is doing talks on which days. 

#57 MLP*

MLP*

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

Just checked the FAQ and it says "Talk tickets will be available to buy from early Summer, we will confirm closer to the time exactly when, please look out for notices via email and/or social media and this website!"

:whistling:

#58 cmwheels

cmwheels

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

Indeed . . . 🙃

#59 robmoriarty

robmoriarty

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

Just checked the FAQ and it says "Talk tickets will be available to buy from early Summer, we will confirm closer to the time exactly when, please look out for notices via email and/or social media and this website!"

:whistling:

wait, there's such a thing as 'summer' in the UK? :eek:  :o

Have met: William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimmerman, Nicole de Boer, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Roxann Dawson, Tim Russ, Robert Duncan McNeill, Ethan Phillips, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Chase Masterson, Vaughn Armstrong, Alice Krige, Richard Arnold, Keegan de Lancie, Daniel Stewart.

#60 NuRF

NuRF

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Joan Collins is in the UK a few days before this. Do you think they'll announce her?
  • Tony1975 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users