Sherlocked UK 2016

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

SHERLOCKED: The Official Sherlock Convention returns to the ExCeL in London this September, providing fans of the show with a weekend to once again celebrate all things Sherlock, and this time with a touch of the Victorian about it.

Going back to its roots, the Sherlock Special has given us a glimpse at what might have been for our heroes had they been the Holmes and Watson as originally written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. SHERLOCKED will be recognising this with some exclusive sets, as well as providing the talent from behind the scenes who will talk about the transformation from modern back to Victorian times.

The first SHERLOCKED event was a great success, the first of its kind in the world, and now we are building on that to give you a second event that will be even better.

http://sherlocked.com/

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sherlocked-the-official-sherlock-convention-2016-tickets-20785623359

I hope this helps. It's what we did last year, with a few tweaks...

Photo shoots queueing:

First the Groups will be called. Plat groups, the Gold Groups, then Silver Groups.

They may NOT be called in alphabetical order. For example, for one shoot Gold might be called F, H, D, because it makes sense to do so to avoid a clash with another shoot.

Then the Batches will be called 1, 2, 3, 4....

Autographs queueing:

In the morning we will first call Platinum 1 to 50, 1 to 100 and so on. Then Gold 1 to 50, 1 to 100 and so on. This is purely to manage the queues so that we don't have 400 people all try and join a single queue. As usual you can join the back of the queue at any time AFTER your ticket has been called.

Then Virtual Queue tickets will be called. These maybe start being called earlier if the queue is becoming empty.

If at anytime you have an issue and you believe something is wrong, please talk to a senior crew member in RED (a Pit Boss).

Talks queueing:

We will call you in by package type. We will do our best to call packages in groups of 50 as we do at ME events.

Then other ticket holders.

• Like 3

Okay, it might be a stupid idea and/or not manageable given the amount of visitors, but...

I found it sad for people that could only afford the normal tickets, that they could spend the whole weekend in the venue and not even get a glimpse of most of the guests.

I don't know, maybe the guests could appear together once a day on the second stage and just wave to the crowd for few minutes?

• Showmasters Admin

Okay, it might be a stupid idea and/or not manageable given the amount of visitors, but...

I found it sad for people that could only afford the normal tickets, that they could spend the whole weekend in the venue and not even get a glimpse of most of the guests.

I don't know, maybe the guests could appear together once a day on the second stage and just wave to the crowd for few minutes?

We are looking at having some guest talks on the second stage this time around :clap:

Oh my god! Just taken the time to actually look at the sections on the website to see all the show details and my picture is one of the photo's you've used! :stretcher: Horror of horrors! :smile::eek:

You can see me in the talk audience pic though am slightly out of focus and leaning to one side :P lol

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes we will be covering this, the Star Trek event and Chevron via the pre order service. I will be trying to find out in the next month or so what the plans are for images for this show as some of you may remember last year we had to use licensed images and every image had to be passed first. This resulted in a massive delay in posting the images on the pre order shop. .

I think it's usually the auto price plus £5 for just a signature on the selected 8x10 picture. We won't know how much each guest's pre order will be until their regular prices are announced. At Showmasters other events I believe the standard cost is auto price plus £5 for a signature. So if say Mark's cost £25 each in person then the pre order should be £30. You can select different options but each addition bumps the price up as their is more work involved. You can ask for it to be signed to you in addition to the signature and you can send them your own item to be signed (the difficulty with that is that if you are also attending you can't go and get your item off of them so you can take it to a guest and give it back for them to do another guest as it would be too hard to sort out), but each option bumps the price up a little.

Keep an eye on here and the website for when they announce the guest prices and then have a look on the pre order site.

Edited by Raylenth

Last year with Ben worked thus: The VIP ticket holders could get 2 in person autos, the Platinum got you 1. The gold ticket holders each got 1 pre signed picture included in their goodie bag. You are correct that Ben wasn't available via the pre order service but only the organisers can say if it would be the same way this year. If it was an option they might have to have a strict limit on a) how many each person could get and b ) how many pre orders they sold - they would be inundated otherwise

The VIP and Platinum tickets last year were signature only, there weren't any personalisations. No other ticket holders could get auto's from Ben at the event but it was all very clearly stated and up front before hand. The main reason was because Ben was only attending for the one day the organisers took the decision to go for activities with Ben that would allow the most people to experience it. This meant that talks and photo opportunities took precedence as you can get lot more people into halls and through photo queues than auto's. An auto does take a bit longer than a photo to do so you can get a lot more through a photo queue than an auto one meaning more people got to get a picture with him than less getting an auto.

This year if Ben does attend it may be the same but not necessarily. If he does come and does two days obviously there is time for more activities but if he were doing an 'open' queue priority will be given to the package holders in descending order, VIP, Plat, Gold ect. It doesn't mean that the 'lower' ticket holders wouldn't get through but you couldn't take it as certain that you would either. One thing SM would probably do if Ben was set up for auto's like the other guests, would be to restrict the amount you could get signed, most likely one item only, 2 at the most - otherwise you might end up with lots of people at the front of the queue getting lots of items signed and not many other people being able to get through.

One thing I will advise/guess at is that if Ben goes and his auto's are available to purchase in the queue like the other guests they aren't going to be cheap.

Edited by Raylenth

Yes on pricing and also correct that no pre-orders were possible for Ben.

EDIT: She types more and is still faster. :P

Your answers are a heck of a lot more to the point than mine are though! :whistling: I do get a bit bogged down in what it probably really unnecessary explanation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just making sure I've got the guest specific days properly noted as I can't find the info easily on the website, I've found most of it from Facebook or memory, anyone notice any errors or people I've missed?

Mark - Sunday only

Una - Saturday only

Andrew - Saturday only

Amanda - Saturday only

Redbeard - Saturday only

Mods, if you read this please can it be passed on to the office that the website is wrong http://sherlocked.com/index.php/additional-tickets as Mark is still listed as Saturday for the Plat A tickets. However it's not up to date anyway as it doesn't have all the new guests on yet.