Favourite past LFCC and why

In a way one of mine would be Winter 2014 - I wasn't going for anyone in particular for me but went to help a friend who hadn't been to Showmasters before so I could guide her around and make sure she knew where to be, when and what to do so that she could be certain of meeting Ralph Macchio, helping her choose her 8x10 and discussing pen colour so she got the best experience she could.... - getting to be there to see her meet someone she had wanted to meet for decades was fantastic, seeing the joy on her face and how affected she was by it was brilliant. It was lovely to see what these events truly mean to people, we all get so caught up in our own wants and the day can be so busy it was nice to see it from a calm, relaxed almost outside perspective.

• Like 1

I think I would have to say Summer 2011. It was my first con. I had no idea what it was all about (one of my friends had been doing cons while we were at school but it wasn't really something that caught my attention at that point) and the only reason I was coming was because I saw an ad saying that Christopher Lloyd was coming to London and you could meet him.

I paid for my entry ticket, paid for the photo ticket, worked out what time the shoot was and then just turned up, had my photo, looked around a few stalls while waiting for the photo to be printed, then left! Completely didn't get the whole con experience, but it evidently sparked something in me, as from 2013 I have come to every Summer con, plus some Winter ones too. It has encouraged me to be a more avid con attendee, and its all down to seeing a random ad completely by chance and taking a punt at coming.

(BTW, the photo is also one of my favourites... I am wide-eyed and fanboying and I forgot to let go of his hand in my complete panic at actually shaking hands with Doc Brown... I'm a bit more practiced at it now!)

• Like 1

I think it was LFCC 2014 (can't remember the exact year) I met an idol of mine since I was about 4. I met the legend that is Stan Lee.

I don't think any other guest can top that at all, ever for as long as I live (IMO for myself, obviously different for each individual).

My only regret was that was the only guest I was meeting and I was a bit star struck, although he was obviously frail, he still looked great in the picture.

That was my first showmasters event, since then I have been to LFCC 2015 and enjoyed that thoroughly and will be going to LFCC 2016.

• Like 1

Mine has to be (LFCC14 July) it was the start of it lol...sitting in work looking up horror conventions in the states and being so jealous and wishing there was cons like it in Ireland, i seen a Add that George a Romero was for attening a convention in london so i freaked and checked up the convention and there it was London film and comic con, then boom that was the start of my convention journeys :) did some searching and found out there was conventions here in ireland also completely under my radar. Bought my lfcc ticket was a complete noob on how virtual queuing tickets worked i didn't even know how photoshoots worked i just booked my flights hotel and that was me btw this was 3 days before the event lol soon as i got there thats when i learned that there was all these systems that where put into place and thats how i learned how it all worked a lady in the red crew shirt explained it all to me, so i got to meet my idol george a romero could not believe it was so happy, so after my autograph and photoshoot i stood and said s*** im in London right now haha it all happen really fast just had my mind set on meeting george plus it was my first time flying and I was by myself so anyway after meeting my hero i had a few minutes to myself and take it all in i seen the big banner lfcc and seen there was Stan Lee there also i was like no **** way!!! So rushed up to try my luck and got my virtal ticket it was incredibly high in number so i was like im never going to meet this dude then some guy who was a complete legend got fed up waiting and give me his ticket and he was very low so i waited for hours in that one spot and bang i was next in to meet him and thankfully got my signature :D so had a look at the actual schedule and seen a few others that i would love to meet so i did that and then took a lot of photos and also freaked when i seen the Arrow video stall which i really love so bought a lot of horror blu rays from them guys they where all awesome and that was me i went home told everbody about it and now a few friends comes with me to the london events :D

Edited by Pinhead1987
  • Like 1

Have only been to a couple but really loved summer 2014 (our first). We found out what it was all about :) I met Dina Meyer, my daughter met Jenna Coleman,we did the Dr Who prop shoot, bought comics, took a million pictures, met Darren Shan. I realised this was going to be a regular thing for us!

I'm torn between 2013 and 2014. Loved 2013 because it was my first LFCC, it wasn't that packed as 2014 and 2015 and it had Peter Dinklage. Also David Gyasi was incredible, he was the fist guest I met at LFCC and he remains to be one of my favourites. 2014 was special for me as well, because I could attend both Saturday and Sunday, had bigger budget and met more guests. But the two halls system at Earl's Court wasn't really working for me, especially with that horrible echo at the second hall where the talks took place. So, yeah, I can't really decide between these two B)

• Like 1

LFCC 2014, my first LFCC.

The GoT line-up was great, even though Natalie Dormer and Pedro Pascal cancelled (Lena Headey, Kate Dickie, Kristian Nairn, Finn Jones, Gethin Anthony, Daniel Portman and Ellie Kendrick. And Isaac Hempstead-Wright and Sibel Kekilli for their first ever con).

There were two Doctor who companions (Jenna and Bernard) and John Hurt and Adjoa Andoh. Then some good less-main DW guests (Jemma Redgrave, Sarah Parish, Anthony Head etc).

Carrie Fisher!

Milo Ventimiglia.

loved attending lfcc2015,it was probably my favourite because i got meeting my favourite actor bill paxton! also meeting sigourney weaver was a dream come true and meeting christopher lloyd,michael j fox,lea thompson and jennifer rubin,william forsythe,james tolkan and carrie henn was also great!,really glad i was also able to meet tom savini at this con too,it was amazing getting to meet all my heroes from all my favourite movies

• Like 1

My favourite has to be last year. Despite it being complete carnage!

I got to meet my hero Richard Dean Anderson and had a photo shoot, autograph and a talk ticket. It was the best day of my life by far! :smile:

I very nearly didn't get into the autograph queue as he was such a slow poke but then at 5 minutes to closing I was allowed to join and it was just a dream come true.

Embarrassed to say that this is the first time I've ever burst into tears through sheer joy. I was a complete mess when I got outside! But happy to say I held it together at the table and managed complete sentences and everything :dance:

• Like 2

My first con was last year at LFCC 2015. It was my first convention but I also feel that this convention was on a large scale, considering the guests they were able to attract.

To be able to get Michael J. Fox and Sigourney Weaver was absolutely huge. They are arguably guests you wouldn't get at a convention normally, especially Michael and taking into account his condition. It shows the type of guest Showmasters might be able to attract again from that point on. Whilst the guest list for this year is impressive, I just don't feel that it matches last year which is why I will stick to pre order autographs more than likely. I wouldn't mind meeting Dolphins Lundgren but apart from that, the guests at this year's event haven't really tempted me in the same way last year's event did as I feel that last year's event was rather special as it was, to me at least, arguably a one-off type, especially when you take the BTTF event into account, e.g. The 30 year anniversary talk. When is that ever likely to happen again? Also, meeting Robert Englund in his makeup is SO rare too, so that was another BIG thing and unsurprisingly, was immensely popular.

I went on my own last year and I found that it was very busy and at times chaotic but the enjoyable nature of the event FAR surpassed that and I will always be grateful for meeting these rare guests. Do t get me wrong, the guests this year are all very, very good, but I just didn't really feel they were on the same level as last year in terms of calibre.

Therefore, I just have this suspicion that last year's will probably will be the best on what Showmasters was able to achieve.

Well for me the 1st one was LFCC 2014, ut I had no idea who what where and when. I went there to see Transformers lol so I went there by accident and while I was waiting to get tickets I saw all the people dressed up and so awesome that I've decided that I will go next year and I will do it as well.

So 2015 I went to LFCC and itwas just the best time! I was cosplaying and I've met so many amazing people and even if I was still a newbie and didn't know as many things as I know now I had fun. I even made the effort to go on stage during masqerade and even if it was a disaster I had the courage to show myself to all the people and I loved it. So this is the best LFCC for me.