The bar outside the parties

trekkiefan

Hey, how come this wasn't open at 8.1, as walking up and down the stairs (the equivalent to 3 flights) to the bar down stairs was just problematic and long as the bar staff downstairs were very slow at serving.

I felt sorry for those who had mobility issues as that would of been even more of a journey to the lifts aswell.

Can we please at this have that bar open again for the evenings.

Totally agree. I'd give up the discount in favour of convenience. Especially as (in my opinion) they weren't that expensive to begin with. Even if it's just basic glasses of wine or bottles of beer etc, and people have to go downstairs for anything more elaborate.

Also, incredibly frustrating that you could take a drink upstairs, but not back down. I've been challenged just for trying to take a drink back to my room during a party, which only involved walking down the first set of steps by the dealers room.

I agree it was annoying having to treck up and down the stairs every hour to get a drink. 2 years ago we had the bar open where the party was. id forgoe the discount or have less of a discount for the conventiance of a bar where i'm partying especialy as water is also available.

I don't know if this fits in here, but I was very annoyed that the bars had different prices (don't know if it was only for Cider). I bought one bottle of Magners at the bar next to the reception but some hours later they run out of Cider so they sent me over to the bar in the TRUNK and they charged me 1.50 GBP more. And 12.5% service charge for opening a bottle and putting it on the counter is usury, I think.

• Like 1

I actually LIKED the set up with the bar. The bar upstairs was so tiny, it took ages to get served and everyone stood around it after they had their drinks, so it was very overcrowded -not a pleasant environment!

This year I had no problems, the bar staff were quick, and very polite. There was never a queue at the bar, and it was a lovely place to sit and relax for a bit.

I do understand that it would be a challenge for those with mobility issues, however, since you'd have to use the elevators, which were quite slow.

If the hotel does decide it would be profitable to open the upstairs bar next year, that would be great, but I'll probably still walk downstairs for my drinks!!

I actually LIKED the set up with the bar. The bar upstairs was so tiny, it took ages to get served and everyone stood around it after they had their drinks, so it was very overcrowded -not a pleasant environment!

This year I had no problems, the bar staff were quick, and very polite. There was never a queue at the bar, and it was a lovely place to sit and relax for a bit.

I do understand that it would be a challenge for those with mobility issues, however, since you'd have to use the elevators, which were quite slow.

If the hotel does decide it would be profitable to open the upstairs bar next year, that would be great, but I'll probably still walk downstairs for my drinks!!

i queued at the bear down-stairs on a few occasions.