Wreck This Journal

okay so i have a wreck this journal (if you have no idea what i'm talking about, google it!) and apart from a few pages i've barely touched it, so i was thinking of maybe starting to take it to cons with me.

as this is the next con i'm going to, what do you reckon would be my best option for getting it nicely wrecked. obviously pages like 'take it in the shower with you' might be awkward at a con, but some of the more artsy pages i reckon people would enjoy ruing. so how am i best to go about it. ideally i'd like to just leave it somewhere but i'm not sure i'd be trusting enough to do that... haha.

after 'googling' this (I had no idea what it was :no:), why not ask each guest to destroy part of it for you. At least you'd have some great stories to tell about it.

That's an ace idea! You should so try that

ooh yea that's a good idea, i'd not thought about asking a guest to do stuff. when would be best to ask them though? :S

Real quick during an autograph you're getting from them, or if you see them pottering around maybe?

ooh yea that's a good idea, i'd not thought about asking a guest to do stuff. when would be best to ask them though? :S

Real quick during an autograph you're getting from them, or if you see them pottering around maybe?

yea i support autograph is the best option. i'll have a think because i have my autograph book for autos and i don't particularly want them to sign the WTJ if they get confused in the rush. haha.

yea i support autograph is the best option. i'll have a think because i have my autograph book for autos and i don't particularly want them to sign the WTJ if they get confused in the rush. haha.

Haha that's a good point!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah cool, i had no idea what this was till I looked it up and watched a video of a completed version, very creative concept.

Asking each guest should be fun, though to solve the problem of mixing up I would ask them to sign your auto book first then tell them you have another book but this one is for them to "wreck" in a creative way.

Also you could ask a few folk you bump into be it people from this forum or just totally random people, I reckon you'll get the most interesting results this way.

I would be more than happy to help with this.

• Like 1

yea, i was mainly thinking of people just visiting the con rather than guests originally anyway to be honest. i suppose i'll spend a lot of my time queueing so i could just ask people in the queue to wreck it while i go along :)

nah it's just a book that has different ways to wreck each page. it has suggestions on each page and your sort of make you're own interpretation of what it is. i might see if there is a doodle page or something and just ask people to do a quick doodle each time i meet them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would still ask guests too, I think you'll be surprised how many will love to do something a bit different. It's a cool way for them to remember meeting you as well. Up to you at the end of the day though.

keep meaning to fish the book out and find some pages that are worth while.

as i'm not that bothered about autographs personally, i might just join any small auto Qs if i've nothing specific to do at a time and ask a guest to defile a page or part of a page. and while i'm queueing for stuff ask people around if they want to help trash it. :)

i think i might have more luck with it at cons which involve stopping at a hotel and evening parties as then i can take it with me, along with lots of other crafty stuff, and get people to do more than just doodles.

one of the pages is to fill the page with one word, i could get everyone i meet to write 'collectormania' or something in their handwriting on that page. that's a simple one that won't take up much time or explanation. haha

• Like 3

From memory there is a double page spread for "put this in a public place and get people to do stuff to it" (I may have paraphrased that) which would be ideal for queuing (Or "an account of the passage of time" - which for me was filled in while in a book signing queue).

Mine has a drawing by tennis player Novak Djokovic in it because I worked up the nerve to go "random request, can you draw something in my book please".

From memory there is a double page spread for "put this in a public place and get people to do stuff to it" (I may have paraphrased that) which would be ideal for queuing (Or "an account of the passage of time" - which for me was filled in while in a book signing queue).

Mine has a drawing by tennis player Novak Djokovic in it because I worked up the nerve to go "random request, can you draw something in my book please".

ah awesome. i'm gonna fish the book out again after my holiday and have a look. stick some markers in for ones i think might work at a con.

If you die can i have all your money and any belongings you have? It means i can take time off to just sit back and not worry about bills and food.

you can have my mortgage and my credit card debt as well.

Maybe i could use your card to buy things now then. It's not like the old days. These days the debt dies with you so we should spend spend spend and then take selfies in all the shops we go to.