Leaving it a bit late?

Undesirable

That's my point.

Those who bought gold tickets did so expecting to get autographs and photo ops with the 4 supporting cast and photo ops with the 'several more' guests who were initially mentioned. If this doesn't come off, then they should get something in return for what they've paid.

Just in case you're wondering, I'm not a gold ticket holder. I'm just hoping that things turn out fairly for all involved.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random question, not a complaint or anything but why was this started with such a short organisation time?

Like I know for a fact I wanted to go but only getting paid monthly, ive not had a pay day in the time this has been planned

• Moderators

It's on the dates that Abrams Inc would have been if it hadn't been cancelled, so this event took its place and therefore had a short time right from the get go.

Presumably it was planned on being something easier and quicker to organise due to the guests being UK based.

Seriously gutted but as not heard about any 'main' guests with 3 days to go, myself and Bazz (a number of you on the forum know us from events!) have decided to go to Cardiff instead of buying our normal gold tickets.

Hope you all have fun.

Maybe see you at MM2, if there is one!

okay so i dont often post on here, well, i do, but on the twilight ones haha.

for less than a week to go before the con, i am gonna give it a 50-1 chance of another (or main ) guest being announced.

im not the biggest fan of showmasters.. sorry.... but i go because its not like any other organisation is holding fan events is it?! *tumbleweed blows*

lol

i feel sorry for the gold ticket holders.

also i find it fascinating how over what is in fact 2 days, SM are gonna fill the days up with autographs and talks - with only 3 minor guests... hmmmmm interesting eh?!

i mean, im taking a big stab in the dark here, but im guessing there isnt many people going to this event since - based on the fact that there are still tickets left (dunno how many tho). usually SM go the "once we get enough money in we can get more guests" route. but this time its for charity... you would think there would be a rush for celebs so they cld get more people to buy tickets.

(also, at least 75% of the people going or wanting to go are fans of twilight aswell, so i would say most of these people are poor now because of 3 eternal twilights and the proms.... )

so yeah... i mean, i am not that optomistic about MM and tbh am not looking that much forward to it.... i dont really know anyone going.. other than my roommate of course... and apart from having time away from home.... its kinda pointless.... the only other upside is that standard ticket isnt £80 like usual. thankgod for that! no way would i even think of goin if it was lol

and I have never even met Matt Lewis before, so YES PLEASE to meeting him! lol altho its not like u actually get to "meet" them per-se.. its more a "hi" and "bye" with no proper conversation inbetween..... i always feel like stabling myself to the table so they cant escape me... that being if they had a brick wall either side of the table and couldnt get out..... damned imagination.... lol

what a long talk... im so used to talking to myself.. this feels slightly normal... ahhhh the horror! lol

ps.. i was signed up to going to the abrams con.... *sobs* may they rest in piece.. i mean peace heeheehee

Edited by Edwardsbackupgirl

Harsh times. But if we're stating opinions here...

also i find it fascinating how over what is in fact 2 days, SM are gonna fill the days up with autographs and talks - with only 3 minor guests... hmmmmm interesting eh?!

Well if you actually read the threads pinned at the top of the forum before having a rant, then you may see that it's quite evident they're making a humongous effort to bring us a range of activities to fill up the weekend that most other people seem to be 1) excited about and 2) appreciative of.

Maybe that doesn't make up for "meeting famous people" for some, but surprisingly enough other fans come because they actually like the fandom as well. Meeting people who are just as enthusiastic about it and all that. Perhaps even having fun? A PPP workshop for example seems pretty fun (and damn inventive too - obviously not a result of poor effort) to me. Not "kinda pointless" (in which case why bother going?).

(also, at least 75% of the people going or wanting to go are fans of twilight aswell, so i would say most of these people are poor now because of 3 eternal twilights and the proms.... )

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a complaint about Showmasters. But they run events for fans. It's their job. We can't complain if there are lots of events we want to go to.

Though I guess that's a problem in itself. The Twilight mentality, and the fact that there are so many more people around who are part of it. It seems to be more of a "we all like these books and movies with - oooohh - pretty actors we just /have/ to meet" thing than the HP fandom that seems in my opinion to be more community-centered.

Notice that most previous huge HP conventions (mainly USA I suppose) are more about meeting up and being rabid geeks /together/ whilst not being laughed at for running around in cloaks...than hero worship, like you see at Twicon etc. (Not that I will ever complain about meeting Kellan Lutz xD)

So the fact that we have the possibility of guests at all could even be seen as a huge bonus! :D

It's on the dates that Abrams Inc would have been if it hadn't been cancelled, so this event took its place and therefore had a short time right from the get go.

Presumably it was planned on being something easier and quicker to organise due to the guests being UK based.

ahhh right thanks :D

Well if you actually read the threads pinned at the top of the forum before having a rant, then you may see that it's quite evident they're making a humongous effort to bring us a range of activities to fill up the weekend that most other people seem to be 1) excited about and 2) appreciative of.

Maybe that doesn't make up for "meeting famous people" for some, but surprisingly enough other fans come because they actually like the fandom as well. Meeting people who are just as enthusiastic about it and all that. Perhaps even having fun? A PPP workshop for example seems pretty fun (and damn inventive too - obviously not a result of poor effort) to me. Not "kinda pointless" (in which case why bother going?).

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a complaint about Showmasters. But they run events for fans. It's their job. We can't complain if there are lots of events we want to go to.

Though I guess that's a problem in itself. The Twilight mentality, and the fact that there are so many more people around who are part of it. It seems to be more of a "we all like these books and movies with - oooohh - pretty actors we just /have/ to meet" thing than the HP fandom that seems in my opinion to be more community-centered.

Notice that most previous huge HP conventions (mainly USA I suppose) are more about meeting up and being rabid geeks /together/ whilst not being laughed at for running around in cloaks...than hero worship, like you see at Twicon etc. (Not that I will ever complain about meeting Kellan Lutz xD)

So the fact that we have the possibility of guests at all could even be seen as a huge bonus! :lol:

Well said :D I plan on having an awesome weekend with my friends and get to meet lots of new friends - I still love you SM / ME :lol:

the fact that we have the possibility of guests at all could even be seen as a huge bonus! :(

It could be seen as a bonus if it wasn't for the fact that said guests were promised from the start and some of us booked tickets intending to meet them.

the fact that we have the possibility of guests at all could even be seen as a huge bonus! :(

It could be seen as a bonus if it wasn't for the fact that said guests were promised from the start and some of us booked tickets intending to meet them.

Agreed!

We aren't posting here to cause trouble; but where else can we vent our frustrations about the event? I am just genuinely annoyed by the situation because we expected some main characters - which were in fact promised along with supporting cast. It's not like we have lost a tenner, these tickets plus hotel and travel come to a lot of money, especially for a student like me so i expect my moneys worth. I know SM are probably trying their best, but shouldn't they have had some indication that the actors wouldn't attend from the outset...and if so, warned us? I'm not bashing SM because ET1 was fantastic which is why i booked my MM tickets straight away...i guess if i do go to another event after ET2 i won't be so hasty!

• Moderators

They won't comment on the guest list before it's finalised. They can't.

All they can do is suggest what they're aiming for. That has to be taken in context.

They can't 'promise' a certain amount of main cast members. It just doesn't work like that, and it's unfortunate if some people saw it like that.

All they can do is suggest what they're aiming for. That has to be taken in context.

They can't 'promise' a certain amount of main cast members. It just doesn't work like that, and it's unfortunate if some people saw it like that.

To be fair I don't think anyone misread anything...

We are pleased to announce a new Massive Events convention, Muggle Mayhem, a weekend convention for fans of Harry Potter, Mugglenet.com and all things magical.

Standard Adult Event Programme:

With the standard adult event programme, this will include Registration pack/Goody pack, Access to 3 parties over the weekend, Access to all talks over the days of the event, 1 free autograph from each of the 4 SUPPORTING cast*. Plus Fan fiction competitions, Cosplay competitions, Academic symposium and Auction.

* - Autographs from REGULAR cast members are sold separately. ie. those that appear in most of the films. Also note that the free autographs included in the programme will be on personal items that you

bring to the event with you.

It clearly states 4 supporting cast members, the * refers to the cost of additional autographs that would be charged seperately.

Jason himself then said:

There will be 4 SUPPORTING cast that you will get one free auto from each

and there will be several more guest attending which there autos will be charged for separately all in all we hope to bring at least 8 guests to this event maybe more ? we shall see we will have the first few guest put up in the next few days

we are so excited as we have wanted to run a Harry Potter event for years and now its come true :D:D

hope to see you there

jason :WAVE:

The indication given all along was that there would be at least 4 guests.

We all know SM do their best, seen it first hand at many other events :) and as much as I love Potter, and the ideas been put into this con now there is no way anyone can tell me it's worth £125...

I still have every faith in SM, this isn't meant to knock them in any way shape or form, just wanted to make a clear point, that we're not being delusional the posts are there in plain english.

Edited by kegan5

Come on DavidB, I know you'll always stick up for SM and I, for one, know that can't always be easy but SM did more than 'suggest' what they were planning for this con. It's been repeated a number of times what the original guest plan was for this con and it's clearthat that plan is not what's happening and even if they do somehow manage to pull another couple of guests out of the hat, it'll be too late for most of us who needed to make plans long before this.

Look, I know I'm sounding like a broken record and I don't mean to get at you at all. You're in the firing line I suppose and I admire the way you always come on here and try to keep us all in order (not an easy thing) but SM need to address these issues here, online. If the con doesn't work out as they hoped (and I know they'll try their best), then they need to be upfront and admit that holding on to the hope of great guests, 2 days before the con starts is an impossible position for many of us.

I've been to many CM's and LFCC's and they're always great. No one's gonna hold it against SM for trying and coming up short but a little reality and common sense is perhaps what we need right now.

I think they should cancel the con, and re-think of doing this one in the near future. As it be a great one to do and they could possiably get new guests, they should really focus on the LFCC london, C16, LFCC 2010 and other major cons. Showmasters can add Harry Potter stars to another con. This muggle mayhem seems to be alot like the Lost con were it didnt happen. But i do indeed have faith in showmasters they may still pull it together.

I think they should cancel the con, and re-think of doing this one in the near future. As it be a great one to do and they could possiably get new guests, they should really focus on the LFCC london, C16, LFCC 2010 and other major cons. Showmasters can add Harry Potter stars to another con. This muggle mayhem seems to be alot like the Lost con were it didnt happen. But i do indeed have faith in showmasters they may still pull it together.

I don't agree, most people would lose money somewhere if it was cancelled, whether it be travel or whatever.

I don't agree, most people would lose money somewhere if it was cancelled, whether it be travel or whatever.

People are losing money anyway, there's no real answer to this... If the line up remains as it is then obviously me personally... as enjoyable it will be running around in a cloak battling Beaubaxtons in the tri wizard tournament etc... there's still no way it's worth £125 in which case I've lost money or however you want to see it that's the bottom line.

I feel bad knocking the line up, but I bet if you asked any of them if they'd pay that money to meet the equivelent of themselves they'd probably disagree :)

I'm just hoping now SM will do the decent thing and come up with a solution that would suit at least the majority if not everyone, obvious one would be to find a last minute guest, reduce the ticket prices, offer something for the next MM2 if there would be one (not a free t shirt! lol), or... since I live about 6 miles from the Potter studios I might drive down myself and pick a random actor lol, and bring them with me :P

I do hope things work out, but kind of agree on the cancelling part if the current weekend stays as it is.

Edited by kegan5

yes, no point panicking people either. It's far too late to cancel

As it is ME are probably going have to top up the donation for the charity to save face, its hard to imagine it making that much of a profit

Edited by TerraHawk

wouldn't it make more sense, rather than holding an event clearly a majority are not happy with at least cost wise.

Re schedule an event that's likely to get the potter fans flocking, more ticket sales, better for the charity and if like the twilight cons it was a success which I imagine it would be, MM2 would be equally successful and it would work out better overall.

Clearly I/we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, lol Daniel could have a pen in his hand ready to sign for all we know, but I dunno I can't help but feel if this continues to be pushed with random ways to overlook the lack of guests many will avoid booking for MM2... or be a bit apprehensive at least.

... unless a good line up is announced from the start :)

Lol I'll see if i can find Chris, I'll tell him we need to go to a big donught factory :P xx

EDIT: Clearly I have no idea of any costs for SM to cancel this event etc, the idea is coming purely from a guests point of view :) Ah well, I can't see them cancelling realistically, i intend to enjoy myself regardless.

Sorry if I come across as a moaning minnie x

Edited by kegan5

I deffo would've come had there been more of a time scale I love HP as much as twilight, even more so (first love :P haha)

However like without sounding harsh Nigel isn't even a character from the books :| and Gaunt doesn't even play pansy anymore, like kegan said 125 for these actors is very steep. I think David is being very admirable, but why are SM leaving him to deal with the flack :/

Again I'm not attacking SM (I do worry that if I say ANYTHING negative i'm gonna get banned from future events lol ;( ) and I do loveeeeeee the twilight events.

Edited by Crépuscule

So the fact that we have the possibility of guests at all could even be seen as a huge bonus! ;)

Well Said- I agree with everything you said. As I have already stated on another thread, I am not in this for the guests and I am looking forward to this con as much as when I first read about it!

And that's all I have to say on the matter :P