Avengers: Age of Ultron

Zahariel

Ok... so admit it... who's going to see a midnight showing tonight?

I would but working a night shift so I'll be going to the first showing tomorrow. Really looking forward to it, though I have a fear that they may have over hyped it and it won't live up to the massive expectations that many people have... Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't do midnight (no way to get home as finishes after last train!) so going after work tomorrow. Had a few friends who managed to get tickets to the premiere yesterday and they all loved it!

Nice to know there'll only be one credits scene too, you couldn't top the 'schwarma' scene anyway. I think the credits scene might lead into Ant-man or maybe civil war. I don't think it'll be captain marvel yet or Spiderman judging from the Sony leaks.

I'll hold of on the specifics till more people have had a chance to see it - but it was everything I had hoped. Some really funny moments, action packed and moving in places.

Aha, you don't want to spoil the fact Captain Marvel, Spider-Man and Black Panther all appear?

They do don't they? .....don't they?

:glare directed at Mr Whedon!!!:

• Moderators

I'll hold of on the specifics till more people have had a chance to see it - but it was everything I had hoped. Some really funny moments, action packed and moving in places.

My thoughts exactly. If I'd had a wishlist going in it would have ticked off almost everything.

• Like 1

Watched it in IMAX on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. I'd probably give it 9/10.

I was considering Imax but didn't know if the journey would be worth it as it wasn't shot specifically for Imax. I know you probably havn't gone back to see it again on a normal screen but did you feel it worth the Imax experince i guess?

• Like 1

Watched it in IMAX on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. I'd probably give it 9/10.

I was considering Imax but didn't know if the journey would be worth it as it wasn't shot specifically for Imax. I know you probably havn't gone back to see it again on a normal screen but did you feel it worth the Imax experince i guess?

Honestly, IMAX always adds a star to the overall rating, but you're correct... some movies are better suited to IMAX than others. I think AoU would be just as enjoyable on a decent sized digital cinema screen. I really don't think the 3D is at all necessary.

Thanks for the reply - I'll save the train fare to the local Imax then and see it again locally in a few weeks.

Did anyone get their special edition 3D glasses?

11115645_663682523758694_558321132490193

My local Cineworld didn't have them.

I went to the Vue in Leicester Square (London) and they didn't have them either. Very disappointed 😕

Those Cap' ones look cool.

There aren't many for sale on fleabay so it might be a very limited release over here in the UK.

Someone is selling them as a bundle for just under £100 on there, or atleast £15 each on other listings. Shocking!

There aren't many for sale on fleabay so it might be a very limited release over here in the UK.

Someone is selling them as a bundle for just under £100 on there, or atleast £15 each on other listings. Shocking!

Well I guess we know where the stock has gone then... How many bags do you think fell into cinema staff's bags on the week leading upto release?

Well I guess we know where the stock has gone then... How many bags do you think fell into cinema staff's bags on the week leading upto release?

Can only imagine! Lucky sods!