No Ticket Validation for Richard Dean Anderson Photo ticket

I think quite a few of us have had problems with the button not displaying for the Richard Dean Anderson phototickets tonight to validate the £2.50.

Can the Mods/Admin confirm we will receive a separate e-mail as we did with Sherlocked. I don't know where other people are purchasing from , but it wasn't displaying on my Kindle Tablet. so there isn't the extra button to ticket.

Not sure if that would be legal to auto add it in - wasn't there a hullabaloo a while back about people like Ryanair doing that, think you have to be the one to choose to pay it or not and not have the opportunity to accidentally pay it by mistake. Sure 9999/10000 would pay it without question but there will always be that 1 person complaining to trading standards about being hoodwinked into it...

Not sure if that would be legal to auto add it in - wasn't there a hullabaloo a while back about people like Ryanair doing that, think you have to be the one to choose to pay it or not and not have the opportunity to accidentally pay it by mistake. Sure 9999/10000 would pay it without question but there will always be that 1 person complaining to trading standards about being hoodwinked into it...

It's the same as adding a booking fee when you buy concert and football tickets. These get added automatically, why not here?

Yes, TooTall had posted that they were working on a wayt o automatically add the fee. I am afraid I currently don't know the status of this - nor do I know about what Zahariel posted... he raises a really good point. But there were definitely plans to do this.

I will be happy to get this officially confirmed as soon as possible, but to the best of my knowledge e-mails will be sent again. It is pretty clear that the overlooking the add on wouldn't stop with Sherlocked, so I am pretty sure this backup will be in place for a while. ;) In the old store you didn't lose your order by default when there was an issue either.

Bit of a confusing system, well to me it was.

Hope there's a way we can still pay the £2.50

If the validation fee is necessary to have a valid ticket, then why on earth are they requiring people click not 1, but 2 boxes. Am I the only one who thinks that is completely idiotic. What's even more baffling is that eventbrite seem to say if you don't click the 2 boxes then your ticket is invalid...and then happily let you buy a worthless ticket! "Orders without an E-Ticket Validation will not be valid at the show and can be cancelled without notice or refunds". You forgot to tick a box, but we know this and will take your money for this invalid ticket anyway. Absolute hokum and thievery!

At least if they were going to keep with the stupidity of this premise, someone would have had the bright idea to implement a check saying 'If this person doesn't check these 2 boxes' then prevent them from proceeding with the order. Let's put a box up saying 'You must click here to add 2.50 fee', else you can't purchase the ticket...problem solved.

Nothing to do with SM of course (and I know they'll sort those validation links for people), but eventbrite's HCI design methodology is frankly awful :)

• Like 2

Although I didn't have a problem with adding the validation charge, I do agree that the 'Order' button shouldn't be active unless you have added the charge. It shouldn't that hard to do, there are numerous websites out there that already have this script in place.

As to WN's comment about other events, I can only go off of the events I have attended and with them there are multiple ways to deliver your tickets (post, print or collect,) you still have to choose to add the charge by deciding the delivery method. I think that here it's the third step that's getting people confused - They've read SM's terms and accepted by ticking the box and then read EB's terms and accpeted by ticking that box. By all logical standards that should be enough but they then want you to click on a 3rd item to actually add the charge, seems superfluous to me and hopefully some streamlining can happen to help everyone out.

BRING BACK MARA.... and the OLD TICKET SYSTEM that we all loved... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :no:

That does raise a question I hope non of the fantastic sales staff haven't lost their job as a result of moving onto this new system

+1

Always been so helpful whenever there has been any hiccups for me.

Although I didn't have a problem with adding the validation charge, I do agree that the 'Order' button shouldn't be active unless you have added the charge. It shouldn't that hard to do, there are numerous websites out there that already have this script in place.

As to WN's comment about other events, I can only go off of the events I have attended and with them there are multiple ways to deliver your tickets (post, print or collect,) you still have to choose to add the charge by deciding the delivery method. I think that here it's the third step that's getting people confused - They've read SM's terms and accepted by ticking the box and then read EB's terms and accpeted by ticking that box. By all logical standards that should be enough but they then want you to click on a 3rd item to actually add the charge, seems superfluous to me and hopefully some streamlining can happen to help everyone out.

Indeed with some other events you can choose but with some I've been to (and I can say I go to a lot of different types of events) many of them are e-ticket only and this is without a doubt one of the cheapest I have seen. Edited by Wrong Name

Sorry to ask, and I know it's probably been asked on another thread.

I did click the validation charge, but it's not showing on my tickets, is it normal or am I going to need to bring my card statements too?

You need to click twice apparently. If the charge did not go through you will be contacted before the show. Is it on your order confirmation? The charge is not showing on the tickets.

Sorry to ask, and I know it's probably been asked on another thread.

I did click the validation charge, but it's not showing on my tickets, is it normal or am I going to need to bring my card statements too?

It dose not show on the Ticket, It just shows the face value which is £45. The Charge appears on the Email Confirmation (if you did it correctly).

• Like 1