Guest cancellation - Claudia Black

Out of curiosity just, why no exchange.. its £50 per head that would be going back into the show?? I assume most attending would swap for vouchers/photoshoots??

I'm assuming they don't want added people joining what will already be long queues at the show.

Then why not do it now instead of waiting till after the show? At least that way people have the option to get a replacement item.

• Like 1

Then why not do it now instead of waiting till after the show? At least that way people have the option to get a replacement item.
SM are already at the event setting it up and wouldn't have time to process refunds now.

SM are already at the event setting it up and wouldn't have time to process refunds now.

Isn't it a person whose job is to handle the shop? I didn't think they staffed the events as well?

So why can't Amanda just do the talk by herself. I bet 80-90% of people would still go to the Amanda talk, and then refund the people who don't want to go....
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity just, why no exchange.. its £50 per head that would be going back into the show?? I assume most attending would swap for vouchers/photoshoots??

I'm assuming they don't want added people joining what will already be long queues at the show.

And have someone do all the refunds the night before the show starts? Really not feasible either unfortunately.

Isn't it a person whose job is to handle the shop? I didn't think they staffed the events as well?

Mara is also a senior pit boss at the event. If she is not already there then she will probably be on her way.

So why can't Amanda just do the talk by herself. I bet 80-90% of people would still go to the Amanda talk, and then refund the people who don't want to go....

Agreed, I would be happy to see Amanda on her own.

• Like 1

Not to bring it up again because I know you guys must be busy and the last thing you need is a bunch of people panicking and asking all these questions...

I understand about the refunds, it wouldn't be close to realistic to get them before the show, but what about exchanges? Or maybe even giving out vouchers for partial exchanges (e.g. If people just wanted a photo with Amanda now, not a joint one) or full refunds if that's what people would rather?

Those people were already going to be going to the sales desk for an exchange anyway, so hopefully it wouldn't add that much moretraffic to it? A girl can hope anyway.

Again, I'm really sorry to pester

Edited by Catavich
  • Like 1

I wish her and family well, was excited to see her added this week as I was pleased to see another video game voice added mainly for Gears of War 3 hope to see her added again for next July.

Will now change to another voice that I just found out was in Halo 4.

hope all is okay for Claudia.

On the subject of the tickets could you offer the option for those with joint photo tickets to have half refunded and still get our photo taken with Amanda Tappin?

I asked this the other day and was told you will need to get a full refund and then by Amanda's photoshoot separately.

Hope everything is okay with Claudia and her family.

Clarification...we WILL DEFINITELY be offered the refund for the Saturday morning talk won't we?...even if a decision for Amanda to do a solo talk is made - I do NOT want to go to this and definitely want my money back for BOTH tickets that I bought...£40 is a lot of money and I can use that for Winter LFCC....with all this talk about people being willing to pay for a solo Amanda talk I want to be reassured that those of us who don't, will get our refunds in the normal way, expedited as soon as feasible for Showmasters staff...

Thanks in advance..

Clarification...we WILL DEFINITELY be offered the refund for the Saturday morning talk won't we?...even if a decision for Amanda to do a solo talk is made - I do NOT want to go to this and definitely want my money back for BOTH tickets that I bought...£40 is a lot of money and I can use that for Winter LFCC....with all this talk about people being willing to pay for a solo Amanda talk I want to be reassured that those of us who don't, will get our refunds in the normal way, expedited as soon as feasible for Showmasters staff...

Thanks in advance..

Don't worry, without another guest to replace Claudia SM would not refuse a refund. It's just not how they roll. They know people paid for 2 guests for the initial talk. The Poll is just to see how many are happy to still pay that amount just for Amanda.

Edited by bonniesrg