Guest announcement Buzz Aldrin Apollo 11 moonwalker

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who met Buzz previously tell me what type of 8x10 pictures were on offer? Naturally I expect there to be the traditional space pictures but I wondered if any pictutres from Buzz's tv & film appearances such as The Simpsons and The Transformers Dark of the Moon were avaliable?

The only photos I can remember seeing at his signing desk were related to his spaceflights, don't remember seeing anything from any film or TV series he has been in.

Thanks. I best start looking for some images in the event I can afford an autograph next year! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I won't be able to attend next year, but if you see Buzz wearing a pair of Saltire cufflinks they were a gift from me when I met him last year!

I hope everyone enjoys Autographica 20 and I look forward to reading your posts about the event.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All. I was having a look at old threads and came across the post regarding Buzz Aldrin autograph prices. I thought people might want to have a look just so they have a ROUGH idea on what MIGHT be charged. Let me repeat that this is NOT the official price list but the cost of his signature from the last time he was over.

BASE £250

3D ITEMS MODELS ETC £315

BETA CLOTH NOT FLOWN £345

APOLLO 11 COMPLETION ARMSTRONG OR ARMSTRONG AND COLLINS £630

BOOKS NOT AUTHORED BY BUZZ £250

BOOKS AUTHORED BY BUZZ £175

PERSONALISATIONS INCLUDED FREE

DATE INSCRIPTION ADD £30

MISSION INSCRIPTION ADD £30

ADDITIONAL INSCRIPTION 10 WORDS MAX £15 PER WORD

Buzz will not sign postal covers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Even at £250 the experience was blink and you missed it.

At £350 do you get over the desk photographs, and do the handlers ease up a little?

That said, I did get a beautiful autograph for my collection.

Edited by farmer

Even at £250 the experience was blink and you missed it.

At £350 do you get over the desk photographs, and do the handlers ease up a little?

I think I was lucky last time as I got to have a little chat with Buzz after a delay because of the credit card payment system.

My two big tips would be;

1/ If possible pay by cash. Less chance of having a 'technical problem' & less interaction with the handlers (Buzz's own not the fantastic crew).

2/ Get in there early. Like everyone else guests are fresher at the start of the day.

Last year I found Buzz on great form at both the signing table & the photo shoot. £350 is a lot but the experience is priceless.