The rush to queue?

Hey all

Question for you London veterans. I have been to some regional showmasters events, Brighton, Bournemouth twice, and although there is big demand for a few A list celeb autographs, the majority there is a small or no queue for an auto and you can pretty much choose when to go get them.

How is the demand in London? I am after autos from Paul McGann, Roberta Tovey and Michelle Gomez, and to be there before opening to grab a virtual queue ticket I need to get up at 3am to get the first coach out of my town. Or, I can depart at the more leisurely 7am and arrive at Olympia just after 10am.

So my question, is it advisable to leave 4 hours earlier to get the one hour head start in the queues or not? Very much appreciate everyone's thoughts!

London is always busy, can't really compare it to Brighton in any way really. Paul is usually always busy, but not crazy busy. Michelle will be a very popular guest. Hard to say if getting there at 10am would be too late or not though. If you're there all day the odds are better, but I guess it's all done to whether you want to take the chance of coming and possibly not meeting her.

What day are you there? I can't remember what days they are all attending. As Murph said it's up to you, personally I'd rather loose a bit of sleep and get there earlier than risk missing them. I'd love to say you'd be ok arriving at 10 and you probably would be, you might just have to stay to the very end, but there is simply no way to accurately predict it.

Don't forget that their signing time is cut down a bit by the other stuff they may be doing, photo shoots, talks and lunch.

Roberta Tovey, you should be ok; Paul and Michelle will be busy but not manic. As before there is just no way to tell...

On balance if it were me I'd take the later option, and yes you might be there the day to get all you need but surely that's better than taking the 3am option??

However if you were going to see Jeremy Renner or the like, the 3am option would be the one to go for.

Hey all

Question for you London veterans. I have been to some regional showmasters events, Brighton, Bournemouth twice, and although there is big demand for a few A list celeb autographs, the majority there is a small or no queue for an auto and you can pretty much choose when to go get them.

How is the demand in London? I am after autos from Paul McGann, Roberta Tovey and Michelle Gomez, and to be there before opening to grab a virtual queue ticket I need to get up at 3am to get the first coach out of my town. Or, I can depart at the more leisurely 7am and arrive at Olympia just after 10am.

So my question, is it advisable to leave 4 hours earlier to get the one hour head start in the queues or not? Very much appreciate everyone's thoughts!

What type of entry ticket do you have? You cannot get VQs until the show opens as reads from your post that you think you can get them before.

Hey all, thanks for the advice. I have a basic 9am Sunday ticket, regarding the VQ tickets yeah I meant racing to get in the queue or having a low number. I have to the be there all day anyhow as I am doing the 3 docs green screen photo shoot which has been scheduled after 5pm

Edited by frogbmth

Hey all, thanks for the advice. I have a basic 9am Sunday ticket, regarding the VQ tickets yeah I meant racing to get in the queue or having a low number. I have to the be there all day anyhow as I am doing the 3 docs green screen photo shoot which has been scheduled after 5pm

Then I might take the risk and go for the later option.

In reference to your Bournemouth comment, OP, put it this way - I went to London for the first time and had nothing to compare it to. When I went to Bournemouth (since it's much closer to me) it was genuinely such a relaxing day in comparison!

Don't underestimate London - pretty much any guest is going to have some demand but to be honest if you're pretty set on meeting them I would go straight to them early as possible just to at least assess the situation!

Hope that helps :)

If you're only there one day, I would say that it's best to be cautious.

Get there as early as you can and get the VQ tickets you need for everyone asap. Even if you reach your first guest and they are currently open and, grab a VQ ticket and go on to the next guest. Because otherwise, the 5 minutes you might spend chatting with their first guest might see another 100 VQ tickets go for another guest.

Look at it this way ...

Would you rather arrive later and potentially miss one of the autographs you're after, or arrive earlier and spend a few hours killing time?

im going for

dolph lundgren

famke janssen

tobin bell

kin coates

rutger hauer

jon heder

harold perrineau

jamie kennedy

aaron stanford

judge reinhold

john ashton

dominic monaghan

keith david

rex smith

jason david frank

julian sands

steven berkoff

ted dibiase

jim duggan

gemma whelan

ellie kendrick

natalia tena

faye marsey

Laurie Holden

im going for

dolph lundgren

famke janssen

tobin bell

kin coates

rutger hauer

jon heder

harold perrineau

jamie kennedy

aaron stanford

judge reinhold

john ashton

dominic monaghan

keith david

rex smith

jason david frank

julian sands

steven berkoff

ted dibiase

jim duggan

gemma whelan

ellie kendrick

natalia tena

faye marsey

Laurie Holden

All on the same day? :angel:

im going for

dolph lundgren

famke janssen

tobin bell

kin coates

rutger hauer

jon heder

harold perrineau

jamie kennedy

aaron stanford

judge reinhold

john ashton

dominic monaghan

keith david

rex smith

jason david frank

julian sands

steven berkoff

ted dibiase

jim duggan

gemma whelan

ellie kendrick

natalia tena

faye marsey

Laurie Holden

yeah on the Saturday, I know I wont get them all but its just a list of the ones id like to. im going to get the VQ tickets, then do as many as I can who don't have one then line up for the bigger names

im going for

dolph lundgren

famke janssen

tobin bell

kin coates

rutger hauer

jon heder

harold perrineau

jamie kennedy

aaron stanford

judge reinhold

john ashton

dominic monaghan

keith david

rex smith

jason david frank

julian sands

steven berkoff

ted dibiase

jim duggan

gemma whelan

ellie kendrick

natalia tena

faye marsey

Laurie Holden

yeah on the Saturday, I know I wont get them all but its just a list of the ones id like to. im going to get the VQ tickets, then do as many as I can who don't have one then line up for the bigger names

Woah, I was joking but you're being serious??

Good luck, dude, you're going to need it! I hope you catch 'em all! :-)

• Like 1

I only have four definite guests (Mads Mikkelsen, Jack Gleeson, Tobin Bell & Michael Emerson), though if all goes according to plan there are a handful of others I'm hoping to get autographs from. Last year I think I only had three or four planned and ended up getting autographs from nine guests. :)