big name star guests idea for future events.

dan r h

to all event goers

this is a hypothetical question that all can answer = 100% truth only.

1= if say showmasters events got a big name star guest like robert downy jr how much would you pay for a photo/autograph of them?

2= also think of other big names that you would get the autograph/picture of & how much you would pay for them?

reply with all the big name guests you want the autograph/picture of & the price you will pay for them.

• Like 1

It's all entirely subjective.

Someone who is on benefits might struggle to pay £25 for an autograph, whilst someone with a well paid job might be prepared to pay £1000 for an in person autograph from their hero.

I don't think any of us can say "Should".

An example: I'm not particularly well paid for what I do, but last year when Michael J Fox was announced there was nothing I wouldn't do to be able to get a diamond pass for him. It's a long an quite personal story why I had to meet him but know that I needed to.

I sold quite a lot of pieces out of one of my collections in order to do so, but at the end of the day I would probably have paid up to double the £650 - I'd just have had to sell more pieces.

That doesn't automatically mean that I'll get a diamond pass for everyone, or would do the same (I may do, depending on the guest), but what you're not taking into account is that people who ordinarily might have to think twice before paying £40 might happily shell out a lot more for the right guest.

• Like 1

Someone who is on benefits might struggle to pay £25 for an autograph, whilst someone with a well paid job might be prepared to pay £1000 for an in person autograph from their hero.

An example: I'm not particularly well paid for what I do, but last year when Michael J Fox was announced there was nothing I wouldn't do to be able to get a diamond pass for him. It's a long an quite personal story why I had to meet him but know that I needed to.

I sold quite a lot of pieces out of one of my collections in order to do so, but at the end of the day I would probably have paid up to double the £650 - I'd just have had to sell more pieces.

That doesn't automatically mean that I'll get a diamond pass for everyone, or would do the same (I may do, depending on the guest), but what you're not taking into account is that people who ordinarily might have to think twice before paying £40 might happily shell out a lot more for the right guest.

But most big names guests are millionaires. They shouldn't want such a large fee if they really wanted to meet their fans. That's why I couldn't justify over £100 whether I could afford it or not.

• Like 2

They shouldn't want such a large fee if they really wanted to meet their fans.

Unfortunately I think that is the essence of the argument. Why would any of the top actors really want to spend a couple of solid day meet hundreds of fans unless they are getting a hefty fee for it, they don't owe us anything, aren't duty bound to do it and shouldn't be expected to do it? Whilst they probably do care in a general sense why should they really want to meet us? I'm not getting into that old argument over the fact that they are where they are because of the fans, because it's a never ending non winning argument.

Yes there will be a handful of actors who command million dollar salaries for roles but a lot of them don't earn that much when you hear the stories.

I can't think of any living actor (at time of writing) that would make me want to spend £100 or more for their autograph.

I do however spend more than that on "legends" of the past or subjects in my particular area of interest (astronauts).

Everyone sets their own boundaries on what is acceptable to them.

i was happy to pay £395 for a diamond pass with sigourney weaver,im a big aliens fan and was really pleased to get an opportunity to meet her as she is one of my heroes,thankfully the diamond pass included 2 photo opportunities with sigourney and an autograph with her,but that didnt stop me paying an extra £95 for another autograph from her! once in a lifetime opportunity really...

• Like 1