Number of diamond guests

DrBungle

SM don't usually give out any information on how many guests they're aiming for other than maybe a 'bigger than last year!' type comment.

From what's been said it sounds like they are trying for the same types of guest but it all depends on who is willing and available. We won't get any certain answers to these types of questions until the guests are announced.

As you say there is a long time until the show and a lot of the guests were announced closer to the show last year when they knew their schedules.

I enjoyed the BTTF theme last year. It is great if they can put on a show where there are a significant number of stars for the film there. For example if there was a Goonies reunion I would be more likely to get a multi signed poster done but if there was just Corey Feldman I don't know that I would get an autograph as it would mean starting a project I might not be able to finish.

Looking forward to seeing the really big names be added this year. Hopefully they will be ones I do not want as this hobby is becoming expensive!

• Like 2

Didn't Jason mention something like 6? I could be completely wrong, but I could've sworn I remembered something in a post to that effect.

Obviously everything is subject to change, and the best we can do is wait it out and see who gets announced.

Didn't Jason mention something like 6? I could be completely wrong, but I could've sworn I remembered something in a post to that effect.

Obviously everything is subject to change, and the best we can do is wait it out and see who gets announced.

That is the number I remember as well, yes.

• Moderators

I think you're right Pen, 6 has been mentioned somewhere along the line but I don't think there will be a set limit.

• Like 1

I think you're right Pen, 6 has been mentioned somewhere along the line but I don't think there will be a set limit.

Glad it wasn't just me going mad then!

I don't mind how many diamond guests there are all im worried about is how many clashes there could be :( I was in one queue and told " no more photos today " and had to wait in a line for 40 mins for a refund.

Depending on how many photoshoots you plan to do, clashes are inevitable. In my experience though, the staff will do their very best to get you to all of yours, and get everyone who has bought a ticket through. Sorry you missed out though. Who was the guest?

• Like 1

Just wondering how many Diamond Guests you anticipate this year. Also do you think you'll manage the same calibre of guests as last year? A long time yet before the convention, but not too many big draws as of yet this year.

I will guess at 4. Hold on...5

As regards "big draws", that all comes down to the taste of the individual

Edited by CHAPPiE13

I don't mind how many diamond guests there are all im worried about is how many clashes there could be :( I was in one queue and told " no more photos today " and had to wait in a line for 40 mins for a refund.

Depending on how many photoshoots you plan to do, clashes are inevitable. In my experience though, the staff will do their very best to get you to all of yours, and get everyone who has bought a ticket through. Sorry you missed out though. Who was the guest?

it was Robert englund, we were all in the line and the amount of gold pass holders going to the front was unreal lol he ran out of time and we never got to have one done :( BUT we was in a longer line for Neve and got to see her so was a good day. I just hope the diamond passes don't have a clash lol

it was Robert englund, we were all in the line and the amount of gold pass holders going to the front was unreal lol he ran out of time and we never got to have one done :( BUT we was in a longer line for Neve and got to see her so was a good day. I just hope the diamond passes don't have a clash lol

Ah, was this down to the problem with enough time being left to get him into Freddy make up for that photoshoot? I do remember a few disgruntled punters

6 would seem a sensible number, less is more and all that. Interestingly would Jack Gleeson still be classed as one of the 6? No disrespect to him whatsoever, but for me a diamond guest is someone in the vein of Sigourney Weaver, Michael J Fox etc.

• Like 1

6 would seem a sensible number, less is more and all that. Interestingly would Jack Gleeson still be classed as one of the 6? No disrespect to him whatsoever, but for me a diamond guest is someone in the vein of Sigourney Weaver, Michael J Fox etc.

Seeing as he has a Diamond pass, I would say that he would count.

Yes, he does count. No one has ever said that a Diamond Guest will always be someone who has been in Hollywood blockbusters. Jason had explained in a prior post that a Diamond guest will sometimes be someone where a special "package" - like the makeup shoot with Robert Englund - can only be offered in connection with a Diamond Pass.